1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

Single Keyakizaka46 7th [Ambivalent] (2018/08/15)

Discussion in 'Keyakizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 5, 2018.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    last year they asked us the same because it is part of the performance : the dark curtain.

I think japanese fans are up some kind of play as well. Very excited to see what's up this time.

2. ukifune

ukifune Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Finding myself in the minority in liking the new release, I just checked back to see what people here thought of Silent Majority when it came out, thinking there might have been some negative voices. It did not help my case: people here were almost unanimous in being bowled over by the quality of the song and by Hirate. And that includes some people who have turned against Hirate now (for reasons I may not share but which are good reasons). The fear of Hirate being another Ikoma and being hated by fans through no real fault of her own was there, but in general it was a wonderful reminiscence of how amazed we all were by the quality and nature of the song and by Hirate's voice and expressions. Someone said they hoped it would sell over 150K on the first day. Final number: 191,203.

I think the bad-mouthing of Suzumoto I saw there was part of why I picked her as my oshi, which I did mainly on the basis of her performance in the MV, and because of what I regarded (and regard) as her beauty. Others clearly differed on the beauty part, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. glsone

glsone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ishimori Nijika
    Unit should be called Team Autotune. It's a pleasant song but much like everything else on this single so far I don't find it very engaging.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Jsprite

Jsprite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Maybe autotuned, but I like this song better than their previous one on just the first listen. It is a light, airy song, 180 degrees from Ambivalent and Student Dance. You can clearly hear Koike's heavenly thin, crisp voice. Just like Paruru's and Riripon's voice, I can listen to Koike's voice for hours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ukifune

I feel engaged, lol. And the MV is yet to come.

"Team Autotune" is a perfect description, but personally I find some of the sounds produced by Neru+Autotune on Mata Atte Kudasai to be among the most beautiful sounds on any Keyaki recording. When Neru is involved, Autotune has to be turned way up, but from hearing idols sing live and then recorded, it seems that Autotune is probably used on almost every idol recording, even for the better singers. It was a bit of a shock to hear the Yuichans wavering off-tune live at TIF last year, in their a capella part.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Dill

Dill Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    Twitter:
    Dill46_48
    I.... liked it :wtf:

It won't become my favorite song, but.. the chorus start is quite nice.
    I'm still not a fan of their voices thought, but that's just matter of taste.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ukifune

As if there were any doubt, it has been announced that K46 will perform Ambivalent on Music Station next Friday.

EDIT: This matome report shows Techi's cartwheel in the Rock in Japan performance, with screencaps and a video of how to assist a cartwheel. Neru is there as Techi starts to go, putting her hands either side of Techi's waist and following her through the cartwheel. Sugai is on the other side to catch her is there's any problem. Two very reliable members in place.

Actually, Techi seems to do it a bit differently from the norm: she seems to grab Neru's right knee (or both knees?) with both hands and cartwheel over that, with Neru's hands on her waist helping move her through it. In the first three caps below, you can see Neru move out front to be in position just a fraction of a second before Techi gets to her. (click to enlarge):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Generic_User

Generic_User Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    Sakamichi series summer singles sort of suck this season. Both Nogi's Jikochu and Kanji Keyaki's could've been better IMO. That's for the entire single and not just the title song.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ukifune

The video of Unrequited Love in the Music Room is out. As soon as it started, a smile rose to my lips, and it stayed there the whole time. In fact, it's still there.

Official site version, visible only from Japan. Sorry, that's all I have.

EDIT: Until someone comes up with an internationally visible version, here are some screencaps/offshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Kenkyuusei

Tnx, i love to watch this:blush:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    the MV is beautiful. But i don't like the song, im not a fan of loli songs/concept.
    So zuumin's song left. Want to predict the sales?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    it wasn't trendy for general idol fans to hate on kanji or techi back then because they werent popular with a less traditional image yet.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. sc89

sc89 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako

^ Alternative MV link of Ongakushitsu ni Kataomoi, accessible from outside Japan.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Ozeki

Ozeki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    The MV is nice, song is good too.
    i doubt cute unit will get another song next single, so i wont complain.
    9D60E751-262D-4152-AD93-85A936697306.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The PV is nice to watch mute.
    Neru's voice is just so grating I can't.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Old Old x 1
  19. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Yeah I think she has the worst vocal out of all 46 girls. I like her but girl just can't carry a note. This is also why I never enjoy her solo or any of her unit songs... at least in Keya, her lines are shared with other girls, no long solo lines.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  20. RedBug

RedBug Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Watching this MV somehow made me feel like I'm not watching Keyakizaka.

• Agree Agree x 3