Single Keyakizaka46 7th [Ambivalent] (2018/08/15)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 5, 2018.

1. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I mean, I think Keyaki has become a bit of a one trick pony for me. I haven't liked an A-side of theirs since Fukyouwaon because I feel like it's more of the same everytime. I love Hirate, she's a star and her aura is undeniable, but they should do more with her than just make her headbang and have the rest of the girls dance in a flashmob around her every A-side. I'm disappointed. Maybe I'm bitter because I loved Imaizumi so much, and I loved how the group seemed to give their own flair to different concepts like in Futari saison and my personal favorite single of theirs "sekai ni wa ai shika nai". There's so much that could be done with the group conceptually yet we're stuck with the 3rd rehash of Fukyouwaon. I'm simply unimpressed.
    Their B-sides honestly have never been very strong to me, mostly because the popular members are bad singers except for Yuichans, so I didn't expect much from that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. makimaki93

makimaki93 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    For me, Ambi has the same issue that I had with Garasu and Kazeni; the composition is too messy. The melody for the past two singles (now this) have been fun, catchy, and interesting to listen to, but the music itself still sounds so beta. Like, somebody didn’t finish and just turned in what they had. Which bothers me greatly because the quality in Mori and Hiraishin (b-sides) matches the quality of past a-sides. The opening, closing and the bridge of Ambi sound more crisp and put together than the verse and chorus do — reminds me of MM quality production, to be frank. I don’t want MM from Keya; I expect Sony-level.

I like the song, but I don’t love it. :/

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm sure there will be more soft, cute songs like this in the future from this unit. It is good once in a while to iron out Keya's hard edges with a few cute songs like this one. Nogi, Hiragana, even the 48G have a song or two that went out of their perceived "niche" repertoire.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    I hope management doesn’t “forget” about them (they don’t even have a name, so idk)
    But i doubt we have seen the last of them, i just dont know if we get another song next single is what i mean in my original post lol.

they’re my favorite unit currently, and i agree it’s nice to see some refreshing and cute from keyaki

• Like Like x 2
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In a group that includes Mao-chan and Naako, Neru does not have the worst voice, in my opinion. It's interesting that all three of those names are popular members, however. Actually, I think Neru+Autotune sometimes has a pretty enjoyable voice, myself.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I would be surprised if they didn't come back again.

Management seems to like repeating the same units (and solos) over and over again instead of trying something new and interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    Omg I thought I was the only one who thought this, it kinda sounds like an anime song to me with the seiyuu singing, maybe an ending song lol

As for the single overall, I prefer it over kaze ni and gurasu since the past two singles imo has been a bit bland. I'm really liking Ambivalent it's a great song :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Just watched the Selfie TV preview for 7th single ! Anyone watched it? I won't drop any spoiler if anybody has(not really a spoiler though..)

9. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I found a fanmade video in you tube of the imaizumi solo (short version) with english lyrics (by @toomuchidea @eiresreyva)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The second batch of selfie TV promos is here. Visible only from Japan, but I've put some screencaps of MemiXTechi in their threads (Memi's, Techi's). Other pairs in this group: OdaxHina, Fuu-chanxMeiMei, RisaxMiho, SuzumotoxTakamoto, SatouxKanemura, HabuxKatou, SugaixKumi, KoikexTakase. Rich with interest. These are just the short versions. The full versions are on the disks.

11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Where is my Nanachanzu.... :(

Members themselves has a lot of interesting idea and form unofficial unit between themselves, and there are a lot of fun combinations that could be amazing to see like possible Naako Paripi rap unit, the long talked band (98ers Band or Keyaki Band)

12. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

the 98 band idea was interesting, girl x drum x guitar always look cool, befitting the group image, but dunno about the rap, :^^;: that level is way too high

13. kazuya

kazuya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Hey guys, I just wanted to make sure, but how am I supposed to acquire tickets for individual handshakes? Cuz lookin at the schedule, I may have time on 10/13 for the Tokyo round of individual handshakes, fortunemusic is really tripping me up.
    To clarify, buying a CD (of any type) gets me a NHS ticket right? But how am I supposed to get the individual handshake ticket lottery? Or is it already over? I'm so confused. Thanks for any knowledge!

14. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    I've uploaded all the Selfie TV previews to Google Drive. Techi x Memi was definitely my favourite but Habu x Katoshi and Miyu x Ayaka also looked great. Looking forward to the full versions in a few days.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xXZO5Ky7RfHe3WnbE8SpXYNYNWStVWf1

The music videos for the coupling songs from this single are about to get switched out for the short versions too so here's a link to my music video folder. All the videos from the 6th and 7th single are in there as well as the full versions from previous singles that are still on the official channel.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kLv2U0miIxMdVrX3Al0E5FQguSmn6k9n

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The MemixTechi video was trending #1 on YouTube seven hours after release, and it's still trending #1 14 hours after release. It has been viewed over 400,000 times.

But this isn't the only one of this second batch of selfie videos to be much viewed: Risa/Miho is at 180K, Ozeki/Nibu is at 139K, Suzumoto/Takamoto at 118K.

Techi's last selfie video, five months ago, has reached 1.6 million views: it's that great one of Techi and the baby otters in a pet shop. Memi's nice "Magic Girls" video with Mirei is at a decent (for Hiragana) 89K. The other most viewed from five months ago? Neru 532K. Shida 523K. Berika 510, Risa 450K, Zumiko 410K.

• Like Like x 3
  16. shiranui

shiranui Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thanks for sharing... will withhold final judgement until I can listen to the official, full-length, high-quality version. I hope it lives up to Saisei Suru, currently -- in my opinion -- one of the best arranged songs in her repertoir. In fact, that song is perhaps the only song whose off-vocal version is good enough for me to listen to repeatedly... I love the cello, particularly.

18. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

new members candidate are appear at Showroom right now, new thread can be made already:) candidate number 67,66,44,56, is promising something to me especially no 67 28<3 & 44 :blush:<3, my heart one but glad my love is shareable:^^;:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

What does this have to do with the new single?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

This single done, just need to wait for sale certificate, that's all i think, nothing new to debate, lol, zumin graduate, shida? they facing big issue right now, be mature, move forward already will ya? and, i was asking for the new thread for that purpose, there is plently of time and space for you to state and share your thought about this single or the previous one here, chill laa bro

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1