Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

I believe, that i'm not the only one crying from watching this MV,
    it is really touching my heart

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. cvbm

cvbm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  3. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Is this not the best MV in the history of the Idol world. The song itself is already amazing, I put it 2nd best Keya song behind Garasu wo Ware. But that video, there's so just so much going in terms of whats wrong with society these days. Basically talking about people being forced to deal with their various burdens by themselves cause others around them push them away or ignore their cries for help. They then feel like they themselves are a burden to the world and the world would be better off without them in it. Its a cycle of neglect and self loathing that plagues society these days

Nijika looked so amazing in this MV, I hope this gives her a little push cause I feel like she's starting to make a comeback especially on Keyakitte after being "invisible" for so long. Asides for obviously Techi, Nijika is the star of this MV to me

Risa and Shiichan looked great too but Koike was the next biggest stand out to me. I almost lost it when I saw her bathtub scene, It was like sh!t got real at that moment. Her scene was when you realized just how deep and controversial they were prepared to take this MV. Koike herself is just sooo good with facial expressions, she was the perfect choice to pull that scene off.

Feel like Keya as a whole just sent a message indirectly to all the other idol groups out there, like "We are not the same, we are cut from a different cloth" type of feeling. They just keep making music and videos that don't fit the standard mold of what Idols are supposed to do. I look forward to what comes next cause every time I think they cant get any better they go above and beyond

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    [​IMG]
    黒い羊

• Like Like x 8
  5. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    The song is a masterpiece and that type a cover... the flavour

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    type-a cover wow, i saw the other covers first but when i saw type-a, was surprised how different it was from the other types,
    have to say techi looks stunning!.. and sexy lol

7. shirin

shirin Kenkyuusei

Itai(its hurt) is that what techi keep saying in the last part? That part hurts i want to hug all of them..its like everyone is in pain but techi she look like shes suffering.

The mv is too much for my heart.. I can't stop my tears while watching it.. Everything about the mv thrs so much emotion in it. .The member is on point..this is like someone wants to help you but refuse at first eventually accept that person's help..

• Like Like x 3
  8. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I keep on replaying the MV the lyrics is so beautiful and the video enhanced it more

• Like Like x 2
  9. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I love how this music video is so interpretive, letting the viewer actually interpret it in their own way. Of course members will actually reveal what their roles are but it's nice to be able to interpret it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Song is great. MV is really well done. unfortunate screen time for a lot of the members tbh, but the MV is powerful and well done.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Quoting what I said in the Neru thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

that's y some was more eager to watch this song live, so they can see the members clearly while showing the dance choreo of this song

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Talked to @SI-Doitsu on Twitter about the handling of this music video, and he said that "there is a media agreement how to handle suicide related themes. The MV is in some YouTube fan channels but without proper guideance the MV is highly problematic." (source)

That being said, he also posted a blog post highlighting the CD jacket reveal, but also said that he couldn't even link the music video from his blog because of German laws (since he resides in Germany).

This music video shows (Kanji) Keyakizaka46 is not just highlighting the themes they usually put out as a group in general, but also putting them to the limits.

All and all, this music video was really painful to watch, especially after finding out what the theme of the music video was.

I don't think this will change the situation of Keyaki's music video handling (for other music videos than A-side) on YouTube outside of Japan, though, to be honest. Also, does Japan have some kind of suicide prevention hotline (e.g. in the U.S., we have the 1-800-273-TALK phone number)?

14. AceBowman

AceBowman Kenkyuusei

There's a lot of theories around the story of the "black sheep" within the MV that's pretty depressing when you come to think more about it. Like the person who committed suicide at the beginning of the MV is Techi's character herself, and we're being taken back in time to see what's led her to that decision (of taking her own life). That the people whom Techi gave hope and comfort to in the end were just "white sheeps" that couldn't sympathize with her and it led to her death.

I agree on that POV but at the same time feel that it's way too depressing putting out an MV that tells a story like that. When I finished watching it for the first time, the MV felt really sad indeed yet it was also uplifting at the end. So here's my interpretation on the "black sheep" in the MV:

The black sheep itself does not refer to Techi's character only but to everyone who were suffering within the story. It starts with a scene where someone had just committed suicide, around the white chalk you can see red flower petals scattered all around to give you the impression of blood splatter. The camera then shifts to the black sheep (Techi), who is holding a bouquet of red higanbana, which meanings are pain, a troubled past, and death. Let's assume that the within the black sheep's possession are, you guessed it, its pain, its troubled past, and its wish to be dead. The black sheep seeks death but on its way, it encounters other suffering black sheeps and couldn't turn a blind eye on them. Here you see many reactions towards Techi's character when it offered others help such as: declining the help they received and push the black sheep back (Sugai-sama and Satoshi) - symbolization of extreme vulnerability and distrust towards the help (they think Techi's black sheep was trying to hurt them), trying to snatch the flower bouquet away from it (Pon) - being suicidal, wanting death for themself, or accepting the help and comfort (Nijika and Mii). The timing of this sequence and the chorus playing in sync is amazingly powerful it brought me to tears.

The black sheep then moves on to witnessing even more unfortunate lives who are treated poorly, overlooked and forgotten by other people (the white sheeps) before seeing its younger, once happy-self, which had grown up different from others, acting differently as it truly is a black sheep itself. The flower bouquet disappears as the lights go out and the black sheep progresses into the next sequence, again in sync with the powerful chorus, where it dances with other black sheeps. The mannequins seen in the background represents the white sheeps to emphasize on them being eccentric and not able to fit in. Then everyone rushes towards the light - symbolization of freedom, while Techi's black sheep is held back by some of the other black sheeps - being haunted by the pain of those who also suffer. Yet the black sheep does not give in but similarly goes towards the light although being the last of them to. It then reunites the younger-self and once again is handed, then embrace the bouquet of red higanbana, which meaning now have shifted into "rebirth". Since life and death always co-exist with each other in balance, and the black sheep decided to move forward along others, we can assume that it no longer wants death for itself but rather holds on to the pain that had caused the suicidal thinking to be born again and continues to live.

The atmosphere is less heavy at this point of the video since everything has been brightening up more and more. The black sheep's will right now of countinuing on living its live, wishing no one would suffer like it had suffered (screaming "Boku dake de ii") pushes it to join the other black sheeps on the rooftop. Everyone pours their heart out into hugging Techi's black sheep, even the ones who pushed it back earlier. It's this point where we once again meet the father and mother figure of the black sheep. Although they conflicted at first, the black sheep is accepted and embraced. The flower bouquet's meaning shifts for the last time when "mother" picks it up and puts it back to whom it belongs - the black sheep, the meaning changes into the black sheep's own "identity". It is then let go by "mother" to live its own life and ended up in different paths with the whole crowd, who accepted it just a few seconds earlier. The crowd remains silent meanwhile the black sheep is expressing pain as a final cry for help and understanding. Yet in the end it has been disappointed, and turns away from the crowd, taking a few more steps forward. The crowd behind it also take a few smaller and slower steps before the camera zooms into the black sheep. It could be that the black sheep, although it was the one who gave other black sheeps hope in order for both of them to move on, deep down still demand comfort from others. The crowd saw its pain yet was hesitating because it reminded them of their past-self, once also so vulnerable, however, they did wanted to give aid to the black sheep, it is shown when they were taking steps towards Techi's character. And the very ending scene is the black sheep, holding its own "identity" looking somewhere far away at the very front while its fellow black sheeps are slowly coming up to it from behind, with their surroundings covered luminously with bright light.

That's just what I have for the story of this MV, somewhat more positive and uplifted outlook as those are what I get from watching it.
    Definitely getting myself a physical copy of it if not a few more in case the b-sides blows me away just as the a-side did.
    Really looking forward to the rest of the songs.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Found intetesting thing. If I literally translate Kuroi Hitsuji into my native language, it means "Scapegoat". Because we are same Asian country, in Japan culture, is Kuroi Hitsuji meaning also similar to that?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    No complaints about the mv except the usual "my oshimen/other members have so less screentime" for me. The mv is very powerful. Maybe the only reason this won't made it to general public is this mv only available in keya's official website. Where not general public will usually check. Well there is some reuploader in youtube, so...
    Bahasa? That is what first comes to mind when they reveal the title to me. Considering the lyrics contain "subete wa boku no sei da" that may be true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I thought so too.. I even think it's a common knowledge that black sheep means scapegoat, all over the world. Am I right?

18. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    here it usually means "odd one" or some similar variation

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. POJI-PEACE

POJI-PEACE Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    POJIPEACE_YO
    Black Sheep is ❤ so we're also offering our own translation :)

softsub and download are also provided here

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

For me, "black sheep" means "bad boy," the sheep that gets into trouble. Not just stands out, but stands out for doing things people disapprove of, like drinking, cheating, crime, not being well employed, being rebellious, unconventional, politically extreme, etc. "He's the black sheep of the family."

The CM is out, played during KeyaKake and GanaOshi a few hours ago. Twitter link. Some comments: "If just the CM is so kakkoii..." "Yes, I'd better watch this on a big screen." "Uwaah! I'm crying."

Thanks to @POJI-PEACE for the artistically-styled and interesting sub and translation. Third trans and sub of this I've seen so far. I think it's popular.

EDIT: I just read some comment about the scene where Techi is tossed between the older couple (her parents?). In the initial dancing near the father, she drops her flower. The mother picks it up off-screen and passes it back to her behind Techi's body, so the move can't be seen. There was discussion if all this was part of the choreography or just happened. Seems to me that especially if this was all done in one shot, it must have been fully planned. She dropped the flower toward the mother, then reached out toward it as the father yanked her to her feet. Every detail perfect.

This gif doesn't really give enough visual info, but it helps:

[​IMG]

Lots of comment on how good the woman is. Yes. Great face. And I loved the way Techi seemed to just throw herself toward her to embrace her.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2