1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 8th [Kuroi Hitsuji] (2019/02/27)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Every MV in this single so far has been so beautiful to me. Yuukanen were great in Heel no Takasa, I watched it over and over again..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I know this is random but I'm very impressed by whoever does the typography in the Keyaki music videos.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

your not alone, as a graphic designer Im also impressed, this proves that management doesn't just throwing anything but really thinking about the concept.
    I also like the one on Glass wo Ware and Ambivalent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    it's funny how a lot of people keep saying Nobody sounds kpop when most japanese fans commented it sounded like a showa era song when it came out on the radio.

5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    see. i guess i'm not alone here.

6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I've also seen people comment that Techi looked a lot like Yamaguchi Momoe in that styling. The only thing that makes me think of kpop is the adlibs at the end (and the music video).

7. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I honestly thought this as well especially since I had looked at the transcribed & translated lyrics to Heel no Taka sa.

8. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I read on twitter they are quoting two characters from a particular book.... since I'm quite busy and forgetful these days I missed the name of the book (but it could be the one in the MV?)
    Anyone has more info about this?

I wasn't expecting this kind of MV... like someone said previously on this post (I think) this is a song for young adults and yet it mantains the keyaki spirit, and the complexity of the MV also has a great impact. I like it a lot.

9. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Yeah, Akanen confirmed on her blog and as many suspected that this MV was directly referencing a novel called "Night on the Galactic Railroad" and yes it's the name on Akanen's book in the MV.

upload_2019-2-17_17-10-48.png

(pretty much what I gathered from this line is that she said they used the book as a model for the mv)

upload_2019-2-17_17-12-0.png

and this is the title from the MV and it pretty much looks the same to me

The tweets (since it's in a thread) below pretty much summarises the references used from the book in the MV. And then I posted the link to Akanen's blog in case you guys wanted to read and look at the pics she posted.

Twitter source: https://twitter.com/Kayseurounet/status/1096988154115047425

Nen's blog: http://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/diary/detail/19494?ima=0000&cd=member

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    I think that until now I hadn't expressed how much I liked Kuroi, it's like ... it came at the right time and that scared me lol I am delighted with all the other songs by far, but a part of me still thinks that someone else could have been center in Nobody hshsjskjs. Hope never dies.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you @Furukawa_Akane that's very interesting.
    I'll try to get the book for myself. The names of the characters are very italian btw, I can't not attempt at least a read lol

After reading the thread I find this MV all more intriguing, a step forward in an already high quality MV productions so far.

12. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    Thank you for the information! This makes the music video even more interesting, and quite tragic.

13. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @Dill @sungjong No problem ^_^

As you may have already guessed I'm a huge YuukaNen shipper (lol). And I was honestly surprised they were getting a song, let alone a music video to go with it. But this was great, honestly.

As for the book, I'm not gonna spoil but it's very tragic. And I think that the two main characters do reflect Akanen and Yuuka's roles in the MV, and the hints were there that something very tragic happened to Yuuka and the more I watch this MV and the more I look into it, it's a very Keyaki-esque song and idk why but it almost makes me cry.

14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I agree, but at the same time - since I spoiled myself reading the plot of the book - I think it's also a sort of lesson?
    Since "that" happened from now forward I'll try to live fully.. perhaps considering it a chance to not let go the truest part of me, to not become completely adult and completely dry, void of all those amplified feeling, emotions and dreams that makes teens... teens lol
    Anyway, great song, great MV and great choice with Yuuka and Akanen.

15. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I did as well tbh lol.

Am I the only one who thinks Yuuka died and that Akanen's just mourning her death? Because the signs are evidently there.
    The swimming scenes suggest that Akanen's trying to search for her body, but isn't succeeding in it.
    The presence of water seems to me that Yuuka died by drowning.
    The scenes after the beginning portion are just flashbacks of Akanen reminiscing the times she and Yuuka spent together.
    The cat suggests that it's the way Akanen is coping with her death and that even though it's painful, the cat reminds her of Yuuka.
    Also I kinda suspected Yuuka was gonna be some sort of animal during the MV cause of the fur coat lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    There are also those who suspect if Sugai-sama is the personification of Nen's childhood. Either way, it's interesting :idea:

I want to read the book for sure! Some people said it reminds them of The Little Prince, and I really love that book.

Edit: I've read the book! I can see why people said Heel no Taka-sa is based on the book. But reading the book makes the PV even more saddening ....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Quick thoughts about "Nobody" and "Heel no Takasa"

"Nobody"
    • Super strong K-pop vibe here. Mostly in the visuals, but there are some parts of the music that also follow K-pop more than J-pop. I like it.
      • Digging the retro influences in musical style and costumes.
      • There's a mature feel to this MV, and I can't really explain why. It just feels like it. Everyone looks so good.
      • It's the cinematography and choreography that give the strong K-pop image. A lot of what makes K-pop "K-pop" is colour, framing, and movement.
        • As an example, the part in the MV where Techi holds the laser lights and hits the high notes is pure K-pop.
        • If I had to point to one distinct way that Korean idols dance differently than Japanese idols: it's in the hips. It's no secret that K-idols have a stronger emphasis on sensual movement. It's sexy. But more than that, it's also body lines (again emphasis on sensual or seductive). There's also a different flow and timing and transitioning in the movement. "Nobody" leans much more towards K-pop style.
    • Management knows that they don't have to give Techi every centre position, right? Right? Sigh...
      • Regardless, Techi always looks striking.
    "Heel no Takasa"
    • I think "maturity" is the word for this single as a whole. Keyakizaka is getting older, and it's being reflected in their music. There's a bit more nuance in what they do. Or maybe it's the lack of school uniforms. I dunno, really. There's just something that seems more worldly about them.
    • Our captains give us some great expressions in the MV. And they both look fantastic. There are some really cool shots, too.
    • I think it's a really high quality song. I'm particularly fond of this type of modern J-pop. I like it more than "Nobody." It could be the theme to a drama or short film.
    • I admit, I was a bit lost in how to interpret the MV at first. What I did get was that there was an overall feeling of loss--the flashback-style pictures, Akane looking around in the water, Yuuka not being there when she wakes up.
      • But reading you guys' comments about Night on the Galactic Railroad, it all makes sense that the MV was alluding heavily to it. It even has a cat in reference to the animated movie. I've spoiled myself about the book, but I still want to read it in full. I'd always heard about it because it's one of those Japanese works that gets constantly referred to in all other Japanese media.
    I'm really liking the way this single is shaping up.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. shirin

shirin Kenkyuusei

And yuukanen sound so good..

19. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Techi did say on School of Lock today that she has difficulty hitting the high notes, but she said others like Nijika, Shiichan and Miichan were able to do it well.
    The hips man. Both Nijika and Akanen pulled off those hip movements *drools*

20. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 6