1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kikuchi Ayaka fired from AKS

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tatami Mats, Aug 14, 2008.

1. girlwatcher1983

girlwatcher1983 Kenkyuusei

I think expulsion is rather harsh for her just for a picture posted on the Internet. Of course that is just the opinion of an American. Here in the US, it seems like, anything goes. After all the words “Sex, Drug and Rock-n-Roll” go together in American pop-culture. Most of our so-called “US Idols” have some problems with sex or substance abuse, or so it seems.

In Japan they set very high standard for every thing. They must also set very high standards for their entertainer as well. She was part of a team. In Japan the team is considered more important than the individual much of the time. Whether you are a salary-worker at a corporate office or a worker on a factory assembly line, the team means a lot. She knew what she was giving up when become a member of AKB48.

No, “Mr Waffle“ I don’t think it is the because of AKB48 Otaku fans want Virginal girls to entertain them. They want to project a positive image to be able to sell AKB48 to young girls in the 6 to 14year age range. In most cases the AKB48 concerts and media would be paid for by parents of the young girls. You could have sing and dancing AV-Enjo Kosai Idol girls on stage and you would sell out every show to men only in Akahabara. Oh, maybe I should not go there.

2. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

^
    AKB48 was not created with 6-14 year old girls in mind. Do you think the theater would be in Akihabara if that were the case? If young girls were the main intended target audience, it would probably be Shibuya48 or something like that.
    Selling out to men only... unlikely but close to reality. No need to have what you wrote.

3. Persephone Dickerson

Persephone Dickerson Kenkyuusei

Uhm. I'm pretty sure that shows have only recently been open to the public. Otherwise its just been to older men. However, that is an added bonus.

4. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Yeah... I think AKB48 is targeted more towards older men... cause they are all older than me :D hahahahaa. But some are as young as me.. but still, that's over 14 xP hahaha. I rarely see girls in the regular tickets come to think of it.. most of the time if theres a girl is cause of a couple?

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I almost always saw the "girls" ticket sold out. I imagine most girls don't want regular tickets because they might have to stand in the crowd, not have a comfortable seat etc. They'd want to watch the show, not engage in the crowd craziness...

6. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Hahaha. The latest show I've seen.. B show.. most of the girls are involved in it :] cept one girl who just sat the whole time >_<;; But yeah, probably they do it for the seats :D I think they are sold out but some just don't show.. last time I went, 3 were missing.

7. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

8. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

What a strange program. But it supports my statement so it is ok. :p

9. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

Wow, thanks a lot for the informations.
    I was very surprised when I heard about this from my non-AKB48 fans, this must be pretty big news.

After I heard the full story here (until page 5) :
    1. Her bf is stupid (if he really the one who posted that picture).
    2. She (or her friends) has hurt her fans feeling for real. (and actually except for some parts I feel that Team K performace that I watched was a normal performance with perfectly normal audiences).

Anyway, actually not many people really care about that photo, they can just ignore that picture IF that facebook looks alike website never existed at the first place.
    Even I didn't take that purikura seriously before this news.
    (Oh yeah, and I my other friend thought it was Hana and almost gave me a heart attack).

10. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

They don't do the video chatting with others anymore do they? Like the ones with the cell phones directly to the girls? That's prety creepy :[

11. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

so is this "Idol" business just a female performer based business?

12. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The female Idol side is pathetically tiny compared to the male side of things... one KAT-TUN single alone pretty much outsells every female Idol release in a year combined.

The main difference is that female Idols tend to be aimed more at the smaller, more hardcore otaku market* (mainly consisting of men), while the male Idols are aimed at the mainstream female market (of all ages!). Female Idols aren't in fashion anymore like they used to be in the 90s, but you never know where the tastes of Japan will swing next...

*I say 'mainly' because of differing demographics, for example the younger hellopro groups have growing young kid markets, Perfume have avoided the stereotype and are selling straight to the mainstream, etc...

13. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

I'm not trying to be harsh but :
    Johnny Jimusho = gay
    so female group should try the lesbian image.

EijiXAyaya scandal wasn't become big thanks to the gay image WaT has.

^Not really, some (big part) JE fans are female otaku.
    JE image just getting worse, and worse.
    They are now more aiming to middle age women with their new groups, what do you think?

14. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

XD johnny's are not gay *hides Hey!say!jump icons*

It still sucks though, i mean they've got their relationships plastered everywhere
    i've seen tons of purikura of those guys with their girlfriends and not a whisper of expulsions etc.

Johnny pretty much has japan and several other asian countries in his pocket, so i guess for every 1 fan of [insert johnny kid here] who hates him because of his relationship with [insert a girl famous or otherwise here] theres another 100 or 200 who will worship him no matter what he does... so the money will still be made...

15. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

^Not really, actually it's pretty much the same everywhere.
    I don't think that all Kikuchi's fans now hating her just because of this picture IF she or her friends not talking about otaku in that way.

16. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

yeah i guess you're right ^^

17. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

I hate Johnnys.. I don't see why girls even like them XD They sing so horridly.. my aunt even agrees :D

18. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

^I'm not really fond of them but no bashing here please :D
    Everyone has their own preferances and actually some JE fans look down to female idols, and so...?

19. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Hahahaha I won't bash :D I don't even want to say anything related to them ;P I blame my friends for my hatred of them~~ It's probably only cause they keep talking to me about them that it gets annoying~~ sigh.

20. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Hey, everybody: let's try to stay on the topic of Ayarin getting fired and the demands/rules of the idol business in this topic.