1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kishino Rika (Rikanyan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Chanandler

Chanandler Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
  2. npgh2009

npgh2009 Kenkyuusei

That was really unexpected.

Hope for the best for the new band of Kishino Rika! Sayanee seems also very excited about it, since she also wants to form a rock band, or perhaps performing rock songs.

3. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
  4. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    i'm so into rikanyan fronting a rock band i never knew i needed this

5. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    That's awesome news! I've been so far behind on Twitter that I never noticed that Rikanyan updated her name with [Over The Top] as her display name.

Looking forward to hearing their stuff!

6. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    And here's a PV for their song "Our Flag/僕らの旗"

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Wait, I actually knew she was forming a band but damn that song is GOOD. Hoping that the band will prosper.

8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Amen to that.

9. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  10. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Over the Top's releasing a new single August 30. The title's still TBA, but you can get your pre-orders in now via CD Japan. I'm sure other retailers will have it as well.

11. Miss Kojima NyanNyan

Miss Kojima NyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Someone explain this to me... I thought all NMB members have a "no compete" clause in their contracts with Yoshimoto that basically prevents them from having any activities in the entertainment realm for the two years following their graduation. So how has Rikanyan managed to debut in a rock band less than a year after she graduated?? I'd be really interested to know.

Btw... can't tell you how happy I am she's still singing. I remember I saw her open AKB's Request Hour 2016 with Kono Sekai ga Yuki no Naka ni Umoreru Mae ni and was so blown away by her vocals I instantly became a fan. It was so sad that she graduated later that year, but since then I've been rewatching a ton of old NMB stuff to catch up on all of her moments that I missed. I'm still following her career and really hope this band takes off. I want her to have the singing career she deserves. She looks great in the PV too <3<3<3

12. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Basically, it appears that the two year non-compete clause applies if the graduated member doesn't remain with Yoshimoto. Currently, Rikanyan (individually) and her band Over The Top (as an artist in itself) are both signed under Showtitle, which is a part of Yoshimoto. This means that Rika is not bound by the two year non compete clause to stay out of showbiz because she is still effectively under the big Yoshimoto umbrella. In fact, all current NMB48 members + all graduated members who chose to remain with Yoshimoto post-graduation are now signed under the Showtitle label as well. I hope this answers your question :)

13. Miss Kojima NyanNyan

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Yes! Thank you! I knew she was under Showtitle now, but I didn't know whether Showtitle was part of Yoshimoto. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait 2 years to hear her sing again.

14. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    @Miss Kojima NyanNyan You're welcome! ^^ I really hope being in this band will give her the much needed exposure to launch her singing career. As with you, it was listening to her perform Kono Sekai ga Yuki no Naka ni Umoreru Mae ni that made me first interested and later a fan. This was really a beautiful song that was written for and given to the right girl to sing :)

15. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    OTT's new single? I really like it, who composes their song? I also liked their first one.

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    That indeed is the new single. I also somehow forgot to place a pre-order for it when I mentioned they were up. I've remedied that now.

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  18. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
  19. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    she's gonna be a mom.

20. Miss Kojima NyanNyan

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Not gonna lie... I'm disappointed. I always thought she had one of the best voices in the 48 group. I was sad when I learned she was graduating, but pleased to hear she was planning to keep singing with Over The Top. And now it's all over because of this marriage (which I suspect is a shotgun marriage due to her sudden pregnancy).

Don't get me wrong. I'd much rather she get married than have the baby out of wedlock in a super conservative country like Japan, but I really hope this child and this marriage is something she wants and not some unplanned accident she might see as derailing her life. I really hope she'll be happy and that she doesn't regret leaving her potential as a singer behind to become a wife and mother at 23. She's so young... I can't help, but be sad even though this normally should be happy news. To each their own I guess :|