1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kobayashi Yui (Yuipon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She definitely looks like Nanase. I've thought that from the start. It's partly a certain fleshiness in their features, I think. Inochi wa Utsukushii is one of my favorite Nogizaka pieces, and I expect to see Yui-Pon centering something for Keyakizaka someday.

She's extremely attractive, even (or especially) when she shows her warm snaggle-toothed smile. The interview in that photo feature is good, too: she reveals that she was a class-rep in middle school, led the sax section in the band, and even conducted. The interviewer elicits from her some flashes of pride.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thank you Ukifune for the translation! :) It's nice to read that Yuipon was a class-rep and has led the sax section before despite her shyness. I agree Yuipon would make a great center for songs like Inochi or even Kidzuitara Kataomoi!

I have wondered if the Japanese fans have made any connections before with Yuipon & Nanase since they both look alike and have similar personalities. I have only read so far that the Japanese have made connections with Sugai-sama looking similar to Sayanee, Ozeki with Ikuchan and Kato Shiho with Maiyan.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I believe the answer is "yes." I can't remember exactly where, but I think I have seen Japanese posts saying that, probably from 2channel.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

7. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    petition to have a Yuipon guitar-vocal solo song

if the video does not show watch the video here

Imaizumi says she can't hear her voice much, but I think it sounds really good!

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Where do I sign?

Now that I can identify her voice in Yuuhi 1/3 I think it has a really nice individual quality. And here I think I can tell that she naturally hits the notes.

That video is so nostalgic: the days when they were show biz amateurs.

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This was posted after the show Sunday night. Manaka says "Kobayashi has tremendous force":

[​IMG]

I think this was when Mona was asking for questions to ask the audience. One comment on the site where I found this was: "Another pairing is born."

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

nice gif [hehe] i dont know about new pairing ...Mona got Risa ,Akanen and Sugai lol

Yuichanzu from Xmas Live

Shibuyagawa + Bob Dylan

edit :video removed

photos:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

And now, speaking of pairings, here's #17 in Oda Nana's series "Pon Inspection":

mob0kekxM.jpg

Pon (Kobayashi Yui) is in higher spirits that her usual quiet smiles. Even the way she received the Christmas gift from Sawabe on yesterday's KeyaKake seemed bright and happy.

12. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i guess getting a Xmas gift from Sawabe-San must be special (we know Yuipon family treat Xmas like any other days) [hehe]

Sawabe Santa FTW

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  13. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ah, charming Yuipon. For me, her snaggle tooth is one of her charm points. I also think that her shyness seems more natural, unlike the rather overdone (IMHO) shyness of Berika. I hope she'll become yet more successful in the group, a solo song (although another Yuichanzu or TechiNeruYuichanzu song would do) and some time in the future a center position.

14. yuiparunaachan oshi

yuiparunaachan oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Poor her...[hehe][hehe][hehe]
    yui.gif

• Like Like x 3
  15. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Didn't her fortune telling say that she's accident-prone? ;)

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

There's a discussion from 2channel asking who are the top seven dancers in the group. Everyone's list has Pon in it, and some people think she's the best. One post says that the ballet group is Satoshi and Habu, and the hip-hop group is Mon and Fuu-chan, but Pon is "almighty." Another post says that what she has especially is a sense of rhythm, from her instrumental music. Yet another says that her sense of rhythm rescues her when she gets the steps a bit mixed up. I think the little duo between her and Mona in the One-man Live Otona is fantastic (about 22m35s in the full video), particularly for the way their rhythms bounce off each other.

Here's an animated gif from the training session shown on Keyakake last week (at about 4m28s in the show):
    [​IMG]
    She's not actually going quite that fast, but pretty fast. (note: I just noticed Hirate and Takahiro in the background.)

People more or less agreed on a top eight of (not in order): Suzumon, Fuu-chan, YuiPon, Hirate, Nijika, Habu, Satoshi, and Risa, who was seen as tremendously improved.

17. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Cool GIF. YuiPon is amazingly talented yet there's a humble aura around her. Charming.

18. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Reading this, I regret I didn't focus on Yuipon (my #2 since ever) in the live I visited, although her position made it very difficult anyway.

Good judgement by the community that there are several types of dancers in the group. Yuipon dances similar to the likes of Miichan, she does everything with feel. Not necessarily as flashy and technical/accurate like Miyu/Fuu but good enough. Although I always felt that something about her dancing in SaiMajo didn't please me. Maybe she is shaking her upper body in the 'zigzag' move too much, but other members have this too. Only few do it really like how TAKAHIRO showed it.

Not only does she have a balanced ('almighty') dancing style but she's a jack of all trades in general, like Hirate or Satoshi. Just give her any job, she'll likely do it good. Let her sing, dance, act a role or put her into some sports/physical test, Yuipon reasonably pulls it off. Her full potential isn't discovered yet, and so is her personality, but she's still among the youngest in the group so I have great expectations for her in the mid-term future.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think Pon has steadily gotten better. As a dancer, she didn't stand out for me at first. She does now. As a commenter on 2channel wrote: "Great singer, great dancer, kawaii. Hmh. Is she a goddess, then?"

She's still not very comfortable speaking in public, but her amazing smile covers that up beautifully, I think.

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

For months now, Oda Nana has been sneaking around taking a series of lovely photos of Pon that she calls (somewhat creepily) "Pon Inspection" (Pon kansatsu) and publishing them in her blog. Someone has now compiled all 36 of them and they have been posted on a K46 news site.

And now I have published them in my blog.