1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. April8

April8 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Is she depressed or something?

2. C_chan

C_chan Kenkyuusei

I think we can assume it's because of all the resting she had to do, the girls have a lot of phisical activity if you suddenly stop you'll gain some weight, even if you don't eat a lot

3. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Haruppi was always a self admitted glutton. She took a long break from activities and even now that she's back she's still not doing a whole lot.

4. Sasshi_girl

Sasshi_girl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    A lot of celebrities are suffering from Thyroid Disease, which made me wonder if Haruppi is also having this as well - considering from her weight and absence from events
    (common symptoms are like easily tired, sweating a lot, and either weight gain or loss)

But no matter what, I hope she recovers from it soon :)

5. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Am i the only one who actually like chubby haruppi ? ? ?

Haruppi and mngmt never really told us about her condition that made her disappeared in first place , , , iirc their only explaination was 'poor physical condition' which can be cause by many things, an injury, could be bad flu or poor diet or my wildest conspiracy theory, she might be preggo back then [hehe] , , ,

6. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    is not just her weight, she doesn't seem like she is enjoying herself.

7. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ I don't know about her not enjoying herself, but she's definitely sticking in the background and staying low-key. Check out the HKT 6th anniversary show and even though she's in the front, she stays by the side and doesn't say much. Personally, I think she's still recovering from whatever that caused her hiatus and will slowly get back into things.

8. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    yeah, that show is what made me feel that way, she barely smiles and like you say staying low-key but it's great she's back on action again, wish we knew what happened to her.

9. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Hopefully she will be back soon, b/c when she misses her change, she will not be able to recover from it, like Miyazaki Miho.

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It's hard when you're sick/injured -- you have to eat a lot to get better but you (may) gain weight once you do get better.
    Hope she doesn't give up from this and I really hope she gets back to the pre-tofu wrestling haruppi (in mind and body) fairly soon.

11. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

KodamaHarukaMyWaifu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I like Haruppi a bit chubby too! I do not really care about her body much as long as she's healthy :) and she actually already lost a bit weight now considering she was a lot worse a couple of weeks/months ago. I think she just needs time. And more work to go in order to lose that extra weight (she's still so cute thooo)

I actually have a theory. Remember the Kouhaku incident? It was actually a big issue in Japan and gathered a lot of views in youtube. I think one of the reasons why she was being low-key was because she feels like everytime she does something that stand out there is always going to be the possibility of being bashed by fans/haters. Maybe she kind of became even more depressed because of that? Not to mention, she is growing up and people tend to act more mature and silent when it comes to that. Anyway, she already seemed happier now than these past few months. Still not updating her insta thooo:( Hopefully she would go back to the way she was before. :) I miss my happy haruppi :(

12. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I'm thinking along the same lines of y'all!I don't really care if she's chubby or not as long as she healthy and happy!But I watched parts of the 6th anniversary lods and it almost hard to watch because it shows in her face that she's uncomfortable or somewhat sad!She's used to be more genki and participate more in the mcs!In the performances as well!I wish I could hug her and say it's ok!

13. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    What incident???

14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think because all the other members are really thin, being slightly chubby looks worse than it actually is when she's with them, it makes her look bigger even though she's just fine.
    Anyway, it's mostly about her confidence now and just continued patience and support from fans -- she's getting there, slowly but it's much more of a relief that she seems to be healthy now.

15. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Basically, this incident. She was bashed because they were saying that she's very full of herself for thinking that she would still be picked for the top 2 in kouhaku despite the fact that sayanee and sasshi wasn't picked yet. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being confident but many people cannot seem to forgive her with that fact. I can't read japanese but I can understand it so I listen to it in the hearing feature of google translate. The comments were brutal. No wonder she lost the will to act more cheerful.

16. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

I couldn't see any incident on that video.

17. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I'm so sorry I tried finding the video where it showed the slow mo ver of her reaction but I think it disappeared already. In any case, I can try to explain it in the Japanese fans *coughs* haters *coughs* perspective. Around the announcement of the top 2, (0:44 of the vid) you can see her rushing towards the front with an expectant look on her face. (As if, as the haters defended, she actually expected to be on the top 2 when she wasn't even as famous as Sasshi and Sayanee.)

Anyway, here are some of the comments:
    はるっぴ!横を見るんだ!指原とさや姉が残ってるぞ!しかも指原はさや姉の方しか見てないぞ!(380 likes)
    Based on my brief understanding (pips who are better in Japanese please help me!) It was talking about how Sashihara and Sayanee was still remaining and that she should look at it carefully (instead of expecting too much (???)

はるっぴの自意識過剰がニュースになってたから観に来たけど、正直映像見るまでは「また大袈裟に書かれて可哀想」っておもってたけど正直ガチすぎてビックリした(笑)
    走って来たのに呼ばれもしなければ注目もされてないのは痛すぎる(笑)(288 likes)
    Also this one, The commentor stated that he looked at this video thinking that the news about Haruppi was exaggerated until he saw the vid. He said it was too painful seeing her run towards the front when the top 2 was announced and he was shocked to see with how expectant (??) haruppi looked.

Please keep in mind, I cant really speak Japanese and the meaning of the comments might be completely wrong but one thing's for sure. They were bashing Haruppi so hard and I think it became semi-viral in the AKB wota world. I hate how narrow-minded people can beeeee ugh

18. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

I saw that move of hers in the video but i still couldn't see any incident on it. For me it was a normal move.

Enviado de meu Moto X Play usando Tapatalk

19. KodamaHarukaMyWaifu

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    It was barely noticeable and we can actually conclude how haters tend to overreact with how they act towards her. No wonder she's being too careful now :(

20. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    About her weight. It's natural to put on weight when going from a very busy active schedule to no activity. There's not much to it, it's just less energy out.
    While many other celebrities may have had thyroid issues, Haruppi does not have any features typical of thyroid disease. Weight gain alone does not raise suspicion of thyroid disease.
    She has also lost weight since appearing for her birthday stage so this is simply evidence that as she becomes more active, she is losing the energy her body has stored.

I do agree that it would be nice to see her post more on instagram and twitter, but going from how she mostly tweets without photos and also sends a fair number of mobame without photos, I think she doesn't feel as confident about her looks as she did before. This is not surprising and most girls will rather not take selfies when they feel they look bloated or have pimples etc. I don't think this is reflecting anything specific about Haruppi but rather that she's a normal girl who gets self conscious just like everyone else.

I haven't managed to watch the 6th anniversary stage yet, but in photos she looks like she's trying to stay in the back which would support my point about her not wanting to share selfies on SNS. The photos of her performance looked like she was enjoying herself (from what I could tell), but I also felt like she is very focused on her performance since she likely can't rely 100% on muscle memory and therefore needs to concentrate on the dance more. This takes more energy mentally so she probably doesn't want to have to talk and be funny on top of everything.

It's a shame to hear about all the backlash she got for kouhaku. But confidence and goals are important. And she doesn't seem to get anywhere near as much hate as Jurina or Sakura who are a lot more arrogant in terms of their goals. I just hope this isn't what is keeping Haruppi from enjoying herself. Fans can be so harsh and rarely take into account the way that being in that kind of situation of course every girl is hoping to be called and probably not counting how many big names there are left to be called.

When I get hold of scans of her interview in Bubka, I will try my best to translate it. It's titled "People have waited [... for Haruppi]" so I am curious what it will reveal. Although going with her other interviews I doubt we'll get any answers about what happened. Probably more clear statements about what she wants to focus on from now on.