1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Jamie Soo

Jamie Soo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    I think she might be on a long Hiatus like Paruru did or even longer... She's not participating in the 51st Single afterall...

2. Mira

Mira Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokahana
    Hello. I have been lurking here for some time now and this is my first time posting here. I searched this thread but I can't find my answer. What could be the cause of her illness and what kind of medications she could have been taking? Was it disclosed? Did Paruru disclosed hers? If paruru disclosed her illness and haruppi didn't, why is that? Could there be really something going on and having an illness is just a front?

3. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    There was no official statement about her illness or what kind of treatment she is receiving, all that was posted here is people guessing. I don't know about Paruru's situation since I didn't really follow her, but even if she disclosed hers (which I don't know if she did or not), that doesn't mean Haruppi owes us an explanation. Health issues are very personal and even though idols are putting a part of their life out in the public, they don't have to tell us everything if they don't want to, so I respect her choice not to tell us. This could be because of the nature of the illness (for example, some stuff such as mental health issues are quite taboo, so people are often ashamed to admit it) OR it could be simply Haruppi preferring to keep it private regardless of that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

For those of you wondering, Paruru has asthma, and yes she said it openly and that's why she went on break, I think especially around the Majisuka Gakuen recording where they recorded in places with lots of smoke, her condition became worse and she started missing activities. she also had some other issues like she accidentally burnt her foot which just made her miss more jobs. this happened in the 1-2 years before she graduated.

So it wasn't the same situation as Haruppi's situation where nothing is really being said. I guess it's maybe Haruppi's choice not to talk about the issues at all.

5. Momo48

Momo48 Kenkyuusei

If I recall correctly, Haruppi first became ill/injured during the time when filming for Tofu Pro Wrestling was going on. There was never any (and still isn't) clarification on what exactly happened that caused her to be put on break, but many of us assumed it was an injury that was sustained during filming or rehearsal for the show, given the nature of the work and Haruppi's history of (back?) injuries.

It probably would have been bad publicity to come out and say it was the show that caused her injury, so they probably wanted to sweep it under the rug and just write her out of the script for whatever reason lol. And if that was the case, management would probably forbid Haruppi from saying anything even if she wanted to. But after going on hiatus again for medical reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Of course, this is all speculation. But there is definitely a reason of why she is on break, whether physical or mental. Having your momentum suddenly forced to a stop, for whatever reason, in a group that is so fast-paced can be really heartbreaking, especially for Haruppi who was set on higher heights and wanted to lead HKT with confidence. She's already so hard on herself which I'm sure is not making things easier.

Whatever the case, I just hope that Haruppi continues to get the rest and treatment she needs for whatever she's going through. :flower:

• Like Like x 1
  6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I recall a pretty reliable Twitter fan account that went to the HKT concert that Haruppi made her comeback and noticed that she had some heavy padding underneath her shirt. It's most likely a back support vest. She also kept adjusting it whenever she had the chance like during an MC.

7. GCRScreen

GCRScreen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
  8. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It could be that the first illness/injury is different from the second one. First one seemed really connected to tofu wrestling from the timing and what we noticed when she came back but this second illness/injury seems different.

Sigh, feels like I'm in the same situation as last year around this time when I had 2-shot tickets to finally meet haruppi and was hoping that she would recover from whatever her injury/illness was. Short answer was she was absent from the event and here I am again with 2-shot tickets for April but it looks like there's going to be no haruppi again.

9. Kodamako

Kodamako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    still no news, ssk registration has started and the members already showed the form :cry:

10. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

I have a feeling she might enter on the last day. But that's just me being hopeful

11. zno3

zno3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I wish her to be healthy and more active

12. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

No. Haruppi again </3

13. Suii

Suii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Hopefully she's almost recovered... It be such a shame if her spirit broke because of what ever happend. I wish her all the strengths she needs to do so. May she appear even more powerful and happy back. Or seek another root to be happy.

So do you think she'll stay after she's back or will announce graduation? Is she even coming back ? :(

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  14. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    It’s been basically almost a year that she’s not been active, she already did not participate on last year’s SSK, so I have serious doubts that she would come back after so long... the longer time passes, the more I’m afraid she’ll jusy suddent announce graduation...

15. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I wonder,if she wasn't on hiatus all this time,what do you think of her chances would have been to rank number 1 this year without the big names?The last ssk she was in,she managed to be in senbatsu and her ranks seemed to keep getting higher!I don't think she would have beat Sakura but who knows,maybe some people would have voted for Haruppi over Sakura!

16. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I think her chances would be pretty high. Kami-7 would have been easy.
    The thing is that Haruppi always was the competitor with Sakura in HKT and now with Sasshi not participating it could have been an interesting race. But with Haruppi gone there's just 1 number one in HKT and I think that's not a good thing for HKT

17. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^They both would had ranked back to back or even maybe Jurina 1st, Sakura 2nd, Haruppi 3rd or who noes ... Sakura 1st, Jurina 2nd and Haruppi 3rd ..... but lady luck seem to had frown upon such idea ....

everytime I think about it .... reminds me of the express train that Sakura had mentioned in her ssk speech & Haruppi had boarded :(

18. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

@sorasan Too apt!

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I have been avoiding that particular song and PV for awhile now. Symbolism and all that.:(

Welp. Today is gonna be a day for drinking after all.:cry:

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The election committee last year were estimating a figure of 80k votes which would have placed her at least 5th. That would have brought her more exposure in AKB and maybe more outside jobs. It's impossible to know how that would have affected this years votes but I think maybe 3rd or 4th but who knows, it would have least stirred up some competition in HKT, I think Mikurin is probably the nearest contender to Sakura atm but she's still a long way off.