1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Koike Minami (Miichan, Miiko) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Babyshiba

Babyshiba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This morning, Japanese sites noticed the T-shirt in Mii-chan's latest blog photo:

45c4de79_flip600.jpg

That would be the band [Alexandros], which was with them on their latest Music Station appearance a couple of weeks ago. The band's drummer couldn't resist play-scaring Techi when they were coming back from a commercial:

wpid-ttJOA8p_600web.jpg

It's a good professional band with a strong, melodic rock feel. Their new song is running around 5-6-7 in the singles charts this week. Here's their YouTube channel. And here's a clip of the song they played on M-Station ("Wataridori"), but in front of a festival crowd earlier this year. Now that's an audience.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    What I'm getting to is that if Mii-chan likes this kind of music -- and we know Mona likes strong rock -- maybe K46 can do something in this direction, even fronting a known (Sony) band. They have the choreographer to help, for sure. And it could expand their reach a bit toward rock fans. Maybe.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Mii-chan has had a stye on one eye for the past few days (a little red infected lump on the eyelid). She decided she couldn't skip the Sunday handshake event because of it, but she apologized to the people who came. She said they were so nice, telling her to get more sleep and to eat natto! She says she will make those two things the centre of her life until the eye is better. And she is also using medication from the doctor.

But all things have a good side. We get this beautiful photo because of the situation:

mobjVgEN9_Z600w.jpg

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In a 2channel exchange about how cute Mii-chan is, someone posted this as: "Seven variations of cuteness." Someone replied: "I could watch this forever."

[​IMG]

Someone posted a screen cap of her in the hidden camera ep of KeyaKake saying: "Will someone get a tissue for me?" Another person commented: "That moe voice saying that...just did me in."

Someone said she gives off an extreme "someone has to protect me" feeling. (That's like part of the definition of moe.)

Someone else posted the following pic, saying that it really showed her wonderfulness:

9b2ad1b6.jpg

5. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    OMG She's sooo adorable~! Maybe the person who made it should add in the "angry glare" Mii-chan~
    Thank you for sharing this~!!

I think its her eyes too that captures the hearts of her fans (I'm Guilty)
    She has a super cute eye-smile~

6. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    That smile and laugh in the gif are the best part.

7. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    I just finished translating Koike's interview from the Bit Graph Vol. 11.

It is the one in here from jujuchuu's Keyakimatome tumblr. Part 1 and Part 2
    http://keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com/post/150428827645/fujienyan-keyakizaka46-koikei-minami
    http://keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com/post/150429150210/koike-minami-blt-graph-vol11-tokyo-news-mook

Title: The kind of child who gave presentations on how to make a mummy for her elementary school project.

Koike Minami, born in Hyogo Prefecture on November 14th, 1998. Scorpio, Blood-type B. In August 2015 she became a member of Keyakizaka46. She is currently featuring in the drama “Tokuyama Daigoro wo dare ga koroshita ka?”. Her special skill is drawing pictures. From Showa-era pop to current active bands, her taste in music is broad. Her favorite animal is the penguin.

“Calming” is the perfect word to describe this naturally soothing girl. When you experience her atmosphere, you come to believe that any problems you have are trivial. Maybe you could say that Koike Minami has a healing effect.

Interviewer: The impression I get from you is that you do things on “your time”. Is this something you yourself are aware of?

Koike: Basically, I do think I am “my pace”. When I am with people, I tend to get nervous. When I am out together with another person, I feel like I have to go along with whatever and I just end up attending to them. So, I feel more at ease when I am by myself. Even when someone invites me to go out on my days off, a lot of the time I feel like I’d rather stay in my room and spend my time drawing pictures, cleaning, or watching DVDs.

Interviewer: Do you think that has something to do with you being an only child?

Koike: Well, that might be the case…... But, before I joined Keyakizaka and I was still in my hometown, I would watch on DVD the Saka no ue no kumo (Translator’s Note: Clouds Above the Hill, a famous Japanese historical novel by Shiba Ryotaro made into an NHK television drama about three famous historical figures and their life through the First Sino-Japanese War and the Russo-Japanese War). over and over again. I really loved the scene where they say “Toward port, with all your might!” (Interviewer’s note: A scene set during naval battle in which the main character, Akiyama Saneyuki, commands his shipmates on a snap judgement to undertake a creative strategy). Whenever I watch it, I get real excited, so I’ve watched it many, many times.

Interviewer: You are quite the “history girl”?

Koike: I’m not an expert or anything but, I really like ancient Egyptian history. When I was in third grade, we would have free research topics. While the other kids in the class were making things like piggy banks, I gave presentations on how to make mummies and things like that. I don’t think they expected that and they probably thought I was a strange child. (laughs)

Interviewer: What? Why a mummy?

Koike: I forget the name but, there was a mummy that I thought was a bit of an ikemen, and that started my interest in Egypt. How were they able to preserve its original form to such an extent?! I really wanted to know, so I read a lot of books and did a lot of research and I finally hit upon Tutankamen. I was amused by how you could tell how he died based on the wounds left on his mummified body and I, too, wanted to research to explain such mysteries. Even now I like Egypt and whenever a television special comes on about it, without fail I record and watch it.

Interviewer: You really like it that much, huh? I also heard that you like the Taiga drama series “Ryomaden”. (Translator’s Note: A historical drama about Sakamoto Ryoma, a prominent figure in the movement to overthrow the Tokugawa government, and Iwasaki Yataro, the founder of Mitsubishi.)

Koike: The reason I started watching it was that Fukuyama Masaharu was staring in it, but since then I have gained interest in the Bakumatsu (end of the Tokugawa reign) period and once again I read a lot of books… I have even gotten full points on my school tests! But, to tell the truth, I haven’t seen the scene where Ryoma is assassinated. It is too scary and I can’t watch! My father has seen is many times, but for me it is impossible….

Interviewer: From that story, one can catch a glimpse of your family’s good relations. In what way do you view the adults, or rather the adult world?

Koike: Before joining Keyakizaka, I would hear my parents talking about their jobs and I sometimes thought that dealing with people seemed like a hardship. But all of the Keyakizaka46 staff and all the adults I’ve met through Keyaki are all very warm and easy to talk to. They fill me in on things I don’t know and they really talk to me in depth about topics of interest so, listening to their stories is a lot of fun. Their stories always have a real point.

Interviewer: It is important to have a point, isn’t it? (laughs)

Koike: It is, since sometimes listening to Harada Aoi’s pointless stories gets annoying. (laughs) But, the things she has to say are incredibly cute. Like, “Today, you know, I ate omuraisu!” She’ll just innocently talk about whatever trivial thing and it makes me want to listen to her. I can’t help but think “Is this what it would be like if I had a little sister?”

Interviewer: You’ve been together for a year now, so I imagine that you understanding of each other has deepened

Koike: It really has. I am really shy so I felt very anxious about whether or not I could become friends with the other members, but together we’ve faced a lot of challenges, and every time we are able to overcome them, I think things like “it was because of this member I was able to do it” and “if someone were to be missing, no matter who, it might have been impossible”. Recently, before performances we gather together and share our views, but it is only because we have great trust in each other that we can say the things we say. Fuu-chan (Saito Fuyuka) relentlessly says things like “Us third rowers should make our dancing appear bigger so that we can support the first and second rows”. A year ago, that might have broken my heart. But because the time we have spent together has been very rich (passionate), I can say with confidence that this feeling is something I treasure and has become an important part of me.

Interviewer: I get the impression that you’ve formed a deep bond with not only Yonetani Nanami from your “nanaminami” combo, but also with Imazumi Yui, who is the same age as you.

Koike: Zuumin is interesting to watch. The difference between the times when she is happy and upset is extreme. Whenever I observe her, a smile always seems to spontaneously come to my face. Whenever she notices that I am watching her she says, “Noooo! Please don’t look!”, but I also find that cute. Then, recently, I have also been talking a lot to Habu-chan. She’ll talk to me no matter the time, so she’s my older sister that I depend on the most and I am relatively spoiled. But, I don’t want to admit that, so I go around calling Habu “Babu-chan”. (laughs) (Translator’s note: A way of referring to a baby). While I am on this topic, a little ago, on a night where I suddenly got afraid and couldn’t sleep, I cried to Yone and she completely made fun of me saying “Are you a baby?”

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Thank you @jokoyamajui for the translation!!!!!!
    I'm loving Mii-chan more and more~
    Zuumin and Mii-chan has such a cute interaction~
    and Babu-chan~
    She's really someone that you would like dote a lot~

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Mii-chan's delight when their guest on KeyaKake last weekend remembered her full name:

[​IMG]

59f8e53c_640w.jpg

Part of an interview with Mii-chan is featured in the fairly serious article about K46 that I translate here.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  10. ダヴィドさん

ダヴィドさん Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    Her birthday is pretty close already but there is no project for her. I kinda feel sad for her.

11. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Mii-chan is sooo cute in that Gif T_T

The article there, hmm it really makes me wonder what you said about the writer's thoughts... what would changing the number of people in the senbatsu change... i really like the current group as it is now, but nevertheless, changes would mean chances which might lead to growth?

Then again the choreographer really does get lot of credit for the flexibility in what he has choreographed! It really allows the members to take a glimpse of whats the view of the different rows that they are in, that i believe would bring out lots of motivation in the members themselves.

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Reducing the number of people in the senbatsu would create two levels of member, and might harm the good feelings among the members. I think the author thought that those ties among the members were important to the spirit and success of the group. And I think he may be right. Changes might lead to growth, but it might be individual growth rather than the growth of the group.

And I think Mii-chan and the writer are both saying that getting a chance in other rows makes the people in the back rows more satisfied with where they are, and less frustrated -- not that it might make them more ambitious to move forward (if that's what you were saying).

As someone who is not that comfortable with competition, I like those ideas. The competitive atmosphere within some idol groups puts me off. The attempt to emphasize working together and being nice to each other is one of the things that I like about K46.

13. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Re: 3rd Single Senbatsu

Holy crap, front row and flanking the center! When they finished naming all the people for the third row, I thought, neat, she's moved up to second row, but when she still hadn't been called for second, I was immediately ecstatic. Congratulations, Mii! Hoping for many more front row appearances in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Thanks everyone for all the updates in this thread! The 3rd single senbatsu announcement reminded me again of my initial interest in Koike, and thus I wandered through the thread to see the latest news about her. The gif titled "seven variations of cuteness" is truly a masterpiece, and could be looped forever. :blush: I also watched the KeyaKake episode from October 10th where Koike was happily surprised when the guest remembered her name - that delighted expression! There's just something really genuine and pure about Koike that draws me to her.

I almost started re-watching all the KeyaKake episodes for Koike scenes, but luckily I found some Koike-compilations someone had uploaded to YT:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Mii-chan has written about her feelings on being put in the front row. She says that for the first two singles she was near the middle of the back row, and she could see how cool and expressive the members in front of her were. It was a place she could feel calm in. But just feeling calm is no good.

She became uneasy when her name wasn't being called. She wondered if it would ever be called. When it was, she could hardly grasp the fact that there she was, right beside Hirate. She never imagined it, and as she is, she isn't up to it. She is full of unease and fear. She wanted to move forward, but never imagined it would be this far. But she has no choice but to do it.

Her fans, her friends back home, her relatives -- all have encouraged her. She has so much support. She is not alone. She has no choice but to do it.

She and Harada Aoi, who is symmetrical with her on the other side of Hirate, will do everything to support her. All the members will give body and soul, working hard with everything they've got.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

A couple of new photos. This is the direction that could make Mii-chan indelible on the public mind.

sub-member-5803_jpg.jpg c019ab0c.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Varianth

Varianth Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakamotohimeka
    So glad she's on the front line! Ever since that episode where she was singing in the hospital been curious to see more of her and here we are with her in the front line.

18. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Interview on BUBKA web
    http://bubkaweb.com/idol/archives/566

"The Penguin Which Leapt Through Time"

The reputation that "Koike Minami is interesting!" has been growing among entertainment writers. The width of the gap between her likes and tastes and her age and appearance contributes to her appeals.
    So, this time I asked her talk freely about her favorites.

■Alice, not in Wonderland
    -- Koike-san, you are from Hyogo, so you involuntarily speak Kansai dialect when you are interviewed?
    Koike: I think so, like an intonation, unless I use respect language.
    -- How about the time when you talk with Yonetani Nanami (from Osaka)?
    Koike: I speak Kansai dialect more than Yone. Sometimes I think "Yone doesn't speak Kansai dialect" (* by Kansai dialect).
    -- Koike-san has not taken on the Tokyo style?
    Koike: Yes. If I would speak in the standard language, my parents should say "you sold your soul to Tokyo", hehe.
    -- They love for their home province. Also fans of Hanshin Tigers? (* Professional baseball team based in Hyogo-Osaka area)
    Koike: They are! When Hanshin lost a game, they became so grumpy.
    -- Incidentally, who is your favorite player in Hanshin Tigers?
    Koike: I like Fujimoto Atsushi the best, then Akahoshi (Norihiro).
    -- Haha, they are a little past players.
    Koike: Well, I also like Kakefu Masayuki. The three consecutive home run is awesome! That's the miracle!
    -- Hahaha. Also you've watched Yoshimoto Shin-kigeki from childfood?
    Koike: I did every week. My family said "I'll disturb you~" then I replied "If you do so, get outside~". And when my father comes home, he says "mataida~" instead of "tadaima". (* "tadaima" means "I'm home")
    -- LOL. That's the gag of Shimura Ken in "8-ji dayo! Zennin Shugo". (* A variety show featuring the Drifters)
    Koike: You're right! I love Dorifu and watch it frequently. I love Kato Cha-san and Shimura Ken-san.
    -- Do you mimic Hige-dance? And wield a bucket?
    Koike: I did. It's funny the gag stands up only with "Hey hey!". And they hit heads without mercy and wash the hair of Ikariya Chosuke-san with all their strength, to the point of making me feel like "he might be injured!?", hehe. I've never seen such a give-my-best gag, so I feel amazed for them.
    -- I can't believe I'm interviewing 17-year-old girl, haha.
    Koike: I think I'm a bit different.
    -- But that is good. Your favorite musicians are Alice, Anzen-chitai and YMO, aren't they?
    Koike: Yes. I can't talk about music with anyone in Keyaki-zaka, hehe.
    -- They should think "Alice? In wonderland?".
    Koike: Exactly. When I participated in "FNS uta no natsu-matsuri", I saw Tanimura Shinji-san (* a former member of Alice), so I was wowed and excited by myself.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TRANSLATION!!!
    MII-CHAN IS SO ADORABLE~ And i really love her Accent hehehe

• Like Like x 1
  20. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I'm loving Mii-chan more and more she's so funny and interesting and sooooo cute. I'm really happy that they decided to put her in the front row. I hope her charms will overflow like they do in their variety shows. She's starting to become one of my favourite I wouldn't be surprised if she breached my top 5 anytime soon !

• Like Like x 1