Kojima Mako (Kojimako) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It is sometimes funny actually. Her fire-related disaster prevention poster -- "Have you forgot anything? Wallet, Phone, Also Check For the Fire.", got commented on 2ch such as "Have you forgot anything? Wallet, Phone, Pictures Left On The Phone" or "Wallet, Phone, Report On Mobame Before Partying With a Guy", etc, etc.

2. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Hi everyone. I'm making guides for the K-pop fans on Twitter to get to know the Japanese participants.
    What trivia facts would you suggest?

• Like Like x 1
  3. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Mako loves Football

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. eytr

eytr Kenkyuusei

I suppose badmouthing can't be helped. It's the internet. I just wish they would get a better hobby.

Mako is a free spirited and outgoing person. She likes to do things at her own pace. Her biggest sales points are her smile and dancing. She is a cheerful person. She likes to smile. When fans ask her how to become happy she often answers just smile when you smile happiness will come to you. Her smile was what draw me into becoming her fan. She doesn't like to tell her fans about her hardships and worries. She says she wants to show her fans her idol face. She wants to make people smile. I want to be like the sun she says. Her dancing is one of her best points. I’ve met many people that became her fan after watching her on stage. She loves dancing and she often says she has most fun when she is on stage. I really like her dancing in Namida no hyoumenchouryoku which is a 4 person unit song she did with okada nana, mukaichi mion and takahashi juri. I recommend watching it. It's a really good song. She loves summer. She loves the sea, the beach, the sun. She likes going abroad. She said she wants to go abroad at least 3 times this year. She also loves Disneyland. She likes to go there when she has free time. She loves aikatsu which is an idol anime and terrace house which is a Japanese tv show about young people living together in a house and falling in love. If I remember correctly she said watching aikatsu as a child was the reason she got interested in idols and probably is the reason she wanted to become one. She is the sporty type. Not very good at studying. She often makes funny statements. For example she asked on her regular radio show "can you go to other countries on foot from japan" which is not possible considering japan is an island. She is the mc for a soccer show called fchantv. She is not very knowledgeable about soccer yet though. She says she likes soccer. She often gets called that she looks like tanuki, otter, currypanman etc. She used to hate that but she doesn’t mind anymore. She even jokes about it herself sometimes. She was a regular on a radio show called appare yattemasu for 4 years. Recently she moved to a different show called gochamaze tengoku on the same radio channel as a regular. She has a good voice and good at making funny statements so she is good at radio shows. She gets called to ANN quite often. She had her coming of age ceremony on january this year. She will turn 21 on may 30th.

When I started writing I couldn’t stop. I will stop myself now lol Does these count as trivia?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    This is not a trivia, but a definition of love !

6. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    THIS is what I like to hear! You're thinking ahead & creating a "Mako 101" package! I'd suggest a 2-4 minute video of her best scenes & bullet points of things she's known for.

Maybe something like showing how she was passionate about "Idoling" at an early age and show the pic (or scene) of Paruru catching her tear at her 1st Janken (remember that) - maybe add clips of her w/ singing w/ Mayu & Paruru in that B-Side from "Green Flash" vid saying "She blended easily next to Icons like Paruru & Mayu on videos" - maybe show a clip of her doing "First Love" or "Cherry Boy"- flawlessly nailing songs made famous by the 1st gens before her. Then move into the modern era (the last 2 years).

KPOP has empathy for "Maknea" (youngest member of a group- The little sister) so maybe mention she's the little sister of Kojima Haruna (1st Gen Icon & Model) & stress how she's hungry to achieve heights greater than her big sister- Kpop fans like "stories" like that. Jurnia & others don't have KojiMako's 'BackStory' so she's a slight edge no one else has.

I wouldn't worry about the "Birthday Party Pic" Scandal- There's constant rumors of various KPOP girls 'supposedly' dating or Tweeting w/ some KPOP dude...Plus, she's Japanese. The Japan Twice girls got a lot more "Wiggle room" to be unconventional or Unique. Sana from TWICE is a Dorkier version of MILKY (NMB) & both from Osaka- Kpop fans eat her up. They like Japanese girls to have a 'slight edge' in personality.

Good Luck!! I will be Cheering for Mako & when you have your "Package" (whatever) ready - DM me! I'd be happy to Spread it thru my KPOP contacts & get the word out!

Might I make a suggestion? Uploaded all the SUBBED (ot Raws w/ ASS files) stuff for Mako to a place like Vimeo, Bit-chute, Pew-Tube, D-tube, ect... that way when the show starts You can sport links to Mako's shows & if you want I can find out who might be willing to translate them into "Korean" if KojiMako becomes a big part of the show- You're service will become invaluable to her Korean Ascension! But we have time. KPOP subbers are more Rabid Anime Subbers - They can do an Hour long show in like 1-2 days.

If six AKS gals are popular & only 1 or 2 of them have "Korean Subs" pre-made or available to be Translated - That would imply she's got the bigger & better fanbase. The fandom is WAR - you guys might think I'm exaggerating but fans are RABID when they find out who the want to "Stan" (Oshi)

7. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Bzzz. She will turn 21 on MAY 30th. Prolly a silly mistake, but mistaking one's birthday could cast a doubt on whether you really know her.

Don't know about the rest, but Vimeo stuff is also taken down regularly.

Also I believe, if you are targeting Korean, 970530.net (Mako's korean fansite) got a LOT of information in Korean. You probably already know that though.

-----

Now will try to summarise the trivia.
    • She's a YDK -- Yareba Dekiru Ko (やればできる子) -- the type who can do anything if she wants to. This is actually evidence in many performances -- but one of the most obvious is probably in 14th gen stage (on 2017.03.26), where it is revealed in MC that on the day before the performance, Mako still hasn't remember one of the performing song's lyric at all. And she still hadn't thought of her solo dance part in another song. But you can't really see that in the show at all.
    • Apart from English (which I would still only rate her as level 2 - can survive), she is extremely stupid -- Kizaki Yuria or even Kawaei Rina level. Her latest episodes of "what are you talking about" is when she asked in her twitter whether a chicken oyster is a meat or not.
    • She seems to take friendship seriously. During Nishino Miki Graduation Stage, when she and Naachan hands over the photo albums (traditional for AKB graduation), she asked that it would be sad if you were the last of your generation and no one to make you an album. She think of this kind of things really seriously.
    • She's very into TERRACE HOUSE and Aikatsu (an idol anime). So bad that she is invited to join a television show to talk about them both.
    • She's currently an F.Chan TV primary host. Her goals seems to be to make women more interest in football.
      This has a pretty interesting back story. F.ChanTV, first aired in 2016 on YouTube, was initially planned to have 10 akb members coming for each of the first 10 episodes. Mako was scheduled for the first one, but she did soooooo good that they make her permanent. Initially she was only a casual fan -- her father loves football. But now she is pretty hardcore fan IMO.
    • She never has any formal dance or voice training prior to entering AKB (and apart from short training here and there, I don't think she had them in AKB either). But she was a track & field athlete back in her junior high school, and it shows in her dancing. A lot of people consider her to be among the best dancers in AKB48 (not including sister groups).
    • She has an agency, "Sun Music", which has a lot of comedy talents. She mentioned that she does not want to be a comedy talent, but her action seems to indicate otherwise (HA!). Same things goes for when she said she isn't Tanuku (raccoon) or otter. She even wrote a jacket for an otter photobook!
    • She has a advising corner on her instagram. You can ask her anything in her instagram DMs, and she will (usually) reply. And she is really good at cheering up people.
    • She is extremely cute (is this considered a trivia?), but she seems to wants to be more of a cool type.
    • She also seems to be a type that like to hang out with older people.
    • And I also think she is a little bit spoiled, but she seems to make people around her want to spoil her. She also seems to be quite direct with her wording.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I did NOT know she was already gaining strength in Korea. This warms my heart! I've always liked her - She like many Team 4 gals were FORGOTTEN by AKS these past few years. She'll need all the help she can get.

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    One more thing:

She got into photography while working for FChan.tv, and they sent her to photograph several matches.

And (this is really sad), she got her teeth straightened so she doesn't really look like an otter anymore. :)

10. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^Hmmm... I don't remember her having really crocked teeth.
    [​IMG]
    Besides, I think its her eyes-nose placement that gives off this otter/tanuki look.

11. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    They were crooked back in the day, she's gotten them straightened out somewhat recently.

12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Look at the teeth in your picture. I immediately notice the eye teeth (canines) or perhaps it is the second incisor that is set back, making the first incisor and canines more prominent. They aren't really crooked, but they aren't straight either. They are now all in the same plane. I am just sensitive; I liked them the way they were.

Compare to your picture:

DY-ax41UQAI1tke.jpeg

Here is her tweet about her orthodontist from last summer.

https://twitter.com/mak0_k0jima/status/859235006203412480

13. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It does looks that way --- but even Mako herself said that she bought her own demise.

First, she was getting fat. This is kinda undeniable. She is much, much better now, though.

Second, she was losing fans through her handshake. She was really, really, really bad at handshake back in 2014-2015, and it wasn't until 2016 that she actually realised this and try to fix it. But it was going to be too late. She can joke about it now, but it definitely impact her career. My first knowledge of she admitting to this is her Mobame in late 2016. There's also an AKBINGO! on segment where a senior taught her junior about what could went wrong. This topic was also bought up in last Gochaten (2018.04.12) Basically, she wasn't even answering her fans during handshake -- she always sings something and totally ignoring her fans during handshake.

Regarding Photography, I haven't seen her doing photography outside of those matches -- so I just assume it's one (ok, several) times things lol.

And she will ALWAYS be an otter. Please. Don't spread misinformation :lol::lol:

14. eytr

eytr Kenkyuusei

Sorry it was late at night. I know her bday. In fact tomorrow I will meet with her other bd comitee members to discuss her seitansai. Her bd is 5 days after my moms so it's easy to remember :D

I kinda liked her previous teeth too :/ She seems happy with it so it's good I suppose

15. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I know you know, that why I mentioned silly mistake lol.

Regarding her teeth, she did mention that since her teeth is fixed, she wants to smile a lot more now, and that is what we all love isn't it?

16. eytr

eytr Kenkyuusei

As long as it makes her happier I'm fine with whatever.

Btw the word on the twitter is she is back in japan. You guys probably already heard these but apparently PRODUCE48 will last 4 months. At the end of the 4 months the winning members will sign a contract for 2 and a half years. I think mako has a very good chance at winning. I would be really surprised if she didn't.

17. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    As long as it isn't exclusive contract I am okay. Though I doubt AKS and Sun Music would allow in such case. Also from PRODUCE48 thread, you can't really trust Mnet. Anythings can happen.

18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    don't worry it won't be.
    Officials said weeks ago that they will allow concurencies.

19. eytr

eytr Kenkyuusei

Does mnet have a bad reputation? I don't know much about korean stuff.

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From what I could find by lurking on Kpop forums, it looks like they are used to let infos leak, then deny. Anounce a date, then anounce a postpone, then anounce another, eventually come back to the 1st statement.
    IE why some fan sites used to Mnet behaviors don't confirm the PD48 airing date (06/15 from the teaser description on Youtube).