1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kojima Mako (Kojimako) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She is also in 15th overall, ahead of her Janken partner. As mentioned in the P48 thread, the vocalists either got high scores or low scores, while the dancers were closer together. On these lists, the top 9 are vocalists and the next 6 are dancers, Mako being the 6th. Now it is up to the public, but I am feeling better about her chances.

Also, innosu mentioned that she wasn't feeling well ("Btw, it is mentioned by Korean that Mako was not feeling well during the evaluation"). You could sort of see that in the dorm and when they were practicing; she seemed to be dragging a little.

2. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Well, I think it’s fair to say that Mako is in danger of not making the next cut. Even though she performed her best yet, the combination of getting little screen time and not winning her group will make it difficult for her to move up her current rank of 31. Also with girls like Sae, Miu, and Chowon all but assured to move up past 30, she’s going to need some help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am not sure of the rules. If previous votes carry forward, then she is indeed starting at 31 and has to pass more people than pass her. But if only new votes count, she looks to be in pretty good shape being in 15th out of 57, but the public could ignore all that (e.g., that Sakura is in 26th).

4. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

In the 6th episode, before the girls chose the songs they wanted, one of the trainers said that all of their points would be reset.

5. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Well, she is shown as explicitly 31st, so that might help. We know almost nothing about how ranking is going to be this round, though.

6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ voting was reset on the day after the first elimination. Reason why I think Mako will have a hard time making the cut this time was because when the show began she started high in rank with her appeal videos and started to drop once the season progressed where she wasn’t shown on screen all that much. Some other girls also are in the same situation so let’s hope the best for Mako.

7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Her videos still have lots of views. On naver, her solo from handclap is over 300,000, which probably puts her in the top 10.

8. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Yes, I saw that. What I am saying she is explicitly single out as 'if you don't for her she will be out' so that might help.

I might not be as annoyed if PD48 doesn't conflict with TIF since even if member are eliminated they won't get to appear at TIF anymore. Sigh. And also I don't know why she has been in Korea since 23rd since the next episode sholud be elimination, and voting just closed today. (The good news might be she doesn't need to go back-and-forth as much as SSK senbatsu member since she isn't part of Sentimental Train promotion campaign)

9. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

You know, I've seen a couple of posters bring up TIF...but, wouldn't the festival be more important for really new/obscure idol groups trying to gain a foothold in the industry? Unless you're actually talking about Mako having the opportunity to physically perform in front of a large audience in Japan, which I understand somewhat (I get the vibe that Mako is one of those 48g members that is relatively popular, but never gets invited to perform on TV or other big stages outside of the theater).

10. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Yes, exactly. Mako almost never get to perform in these big stage, especially in summer music festival. Last year AKB performed in several events, yet Mako is part of only single of them. (Granted, a few of them were probably result of schedule conflict) If I read between line correctly in recent interviews, she considered these her failure.

11. marumarumako

marumarumako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
  12. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I have seen enough different rumors that all of them can be either out or in so just take it with grain of salt.

Also remember that there are upcoming concert on Aug 1 & 2, and some group has HS last weekend, etc, etc. The schedule is all over the place right now.

13. marumarumako

marumarumako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Finger crossed.. I just want one more stage from mako & i'll be content w whatever result she'll have in the show. She's been gaining new supporters from the handclap so for her to be eliminated now just.. unfortunate >____<

14. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Someone on the P48 subreddit calculated the entire amount of time Mako was on screen so far (it includes shots where she was present but wasn't the main centre of attention, but not the performances outside the first episode)

In total she had 10 minutes of screen time spread across all the episodes.

if the video does not show watch the video here

For comparison Ahn Yujin got 8 minutes of screentime in episode 5 alone.

With that it's no surprise she might be heading out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. popocake

popocake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    waiting anxiously for the translated interview :corr:

16. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    i wish i do not know this, now i'm upset

17. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Thank you for the link. At least if she is really out we can console ourselves on the reason. I will reserve my judgement until the episode actually air though.
    And the description in that thread is like, a documented journey of Kojima Mako through PD48 as MNET want us to know. If she is really out, I feel really sad for her Korean fans for their effort.
    Sorry for the delay. Got caught up in real life. Will try to push it out within this week, next Sunday at the latest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Yeah I really feel like I haven't seen her on screen much at all in the latest episodes. Really concerned that she might not make it in for the upcoming elimination. I feel like it is gonna be close.

I'm not one of those people who feel like Produce48 people have anything against her or anything, as I'm sure it's really difficult to distribute time evenly for the editors when what you really want is to showcase storylines. "The underdog, The pressures of Center etc" we all know these stories too well that often gets pushed in reality shows. I hope it will be easier for them to show all of the girls more evenly once they're only 30 left but realistically they probably will be pushing a few favorites too.

On a sidenote I actually don't feel like the current top 10 girls have had that much screentime, but it certainly hasn't been even.

19. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Okay this is gonna be my last rant about PD48.
    MNET give a lot of screentime to trainee that is likely to be eliminated today, but Mako (and Tomu) still get none of it. (I mean, as the 31st her commentary was kinda a must).
    Sigh. At least I will get 2.5 hours back per week.

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I got 2.5 hours back today. I didn't bother to watch as we knew what was coming.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1