1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kojima Mako (Kojimako) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Hey. At least I have a hope. Not that I don't see this coming.
    I also did not expect that she won't get any screentime at all during initial Concept grouping, so...
    (I initially didn't plan to watch, though, but then I remember we have initial concept grouping)

2. marumarumako

marumarumako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Mako being eliminated is entirely mnet's fault for not giving her a little screen time. Besides she is higher than 31.. i'm just sure of that. Maybe mako isn't part of mnet rig agenda idk but man knowing she actually got fans supporting her on the show to be out before concept song upsets me.

Oh well.. onto bigger things in 48g!

• Like Like x 1
  3. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Okay. I did say last rant. But I will just put this here as my own closure for PD48.
    First, I think from the start that Mako will not debut -- as I don't see Sun Music allowing it. I am still firmly behind this.

Second, Mako lack of screentime/storyline is the entire reason behind her elimination. But this might be because it was requested that she wasn't in the final group. (Though it's just a conspiracy theory). It is not like other 48 girls without screentime -- Mako has strong Korean fans since before PD48; she has the first billboard (since middle of May), she is top 3 in both view and likes on her introduction video on Naver TV. She performed consistently very good in all evaluations.

Some people say she did not look like herself in first two episodes -- I disagree. She just needed time to adjust to new place, and she was just observing so she know what is okay and what is not. And she was consistently given reaction shots (if only there are variety evaluation...)

I mentioned this before, and I will say it again: doing things smoothly without any conflicts is a very good way to survive in real world, but not a good way to survive in heavily-edited survival show.

It was obvious to me since before the show actually begin, and it get more obvious as show goes on, that Mako has a lot of first-pick vote, but rarely got tacked into 12-person vote. I expected this evaluation to be the harshest, I am not wrong. If only she was given airtime/storyline, she would be more likely to be included in 12-person vote, and thus higher chance of passing this elimination. If she were to pass this round, I am not worried at all for 2-pick round, but alas, she did not.

On the bright side, Mako improved her skill a LOT during this show. I wasn't expecting the level of dance she performed in HandClap. Her solo (not AKB) career seems to be going smoothly too, so I would worry not.

To Mako-chan, thank you for your hard work. You did well.
    To Mako fans, especially Koreans fan, you did well taking Mako to where she is now. Thank you very much.

4. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I was the same. I actually didn't have a chance to watch the previous episode last weekend so when the time came to do so I already heard Mako was probably eliminated. Which totally reduced my enthusiasm.

It's more annoying since the reason she's going out is lack of screen time rather her not grabbing people's attention or anything.

I do suspect if her performance was in the first part of the episode she might have just sneaked through however. It's a bit unfair to the people who perform in the second program as the voting closes so soon afterwards.

5. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    she got no screentime whatsoever, surviving the first elimination feels like a curse now, if she got eliminated early, she wont need to put time and sweat just for a coupe of minutes of screentime

i hope she got paid a lot of money, because she sacrifice a lot of her time for this project (which in the end really does not worth it IMO)

6. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

at least now Mako can focus on AKB again, because she need to reclaim her throne as AKb center
    she already left behind Naachan or Mion, need to catch up them

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    I have mix feelings, she probably feels a bit sad for being out of the final group so I don´t like her to be sad,I hope she will cheer up soon.But on other side, I think is the best for her,she won´t have to deal with a crazy schedule and she can focus in the important thing that is her AKB´s activities. I´m actually happy she will be able to focus on AKB now.
    Also she still has new fans because of the show so that is great!. They can support her in the next election,hopefully!!!!!!.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, Mako's solo cams are the best thing that has and will ever come out from Produce 48. Thank you Mako!:mail:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Instagram Translation
    37795020_244746146159512_6746484420389109760_n.jpg
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmC5tt3hSkO/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    man, that Instagram post is just too sad. I feel as if she probably cried writing that. She really wanted to debut.

what upsets me the most was that she had so much buzz going into the show with her mascot intro and spoke very good Korean. she improved her dancing abilities so much too! just check out the concept evaluation practice and she dances as well if not better than anyone in her group.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  12. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    Though I'm sad that Mako got eliminated last Friday, I'm still glad that she appeared a number of times in this episode though most of those were because of her reactions. I'm mad at MNET, but it is what it is. Mako gained new fans and she never failed to give lackluster performance.

I maybe a masochist because I never get tired watching Minseo and Mako's final goodbye. It was so heartbreaking but I couldn't stop watching it.

13. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Kinda confusing episode for me. When her group (for the song) was voting for the center position, Mako wasn't even there. She just appears out of the blue in practice footage later.

I was so surprised when I first saw her because I was like "Wait? She's doing this song? This is the first time I've seen her!". Maybe she had a schedule or something. Wouldn't really have changed the votes of course since this was aired in the same episode where the vote count was anyways. I hoped to see more of her overall. Only times the Korean fans of the show really got to see her was during the performances mostly I feel like.

Oh well it is what it is. If we would do votes compared to screen time I wouldn't be surprised if Mako is top 3 overall.

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  15. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Here's the interview I promised.
    This is quite a bit over my Japanese level so I apologize for any inaccurate translation.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    Thank you for this. The friendship between these two is commendable. I'm so glad to read this interview of my favorite AKB members.
    I've read somewhere that Disney invited Miichan, and so I guess Miichan invited Mako to be with her as well?

17. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    You read it from Mii-chan thread, and that translation forgot where Mii-chan mentioned Mako at the beginning -- so it actually read "Mako invited me to Disneyland"

18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    That's my bad, Twitter starts the post on the line below the name of the poster, instagram just kinda puts everything on one line ... I missed that, bakka des :/

anyway .. thanks a lot for the translation

19. nura

nura Kenkyuusei

mii-chan name droppin her friends name like their myth/legend to mako.

20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't really have a good understanding of what you are saying there, care to elaborate?