1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kojima Mako (Kojimako) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I understand that most of the people here doesn't follow Japanese community much, but I will state here that I believe most of us Mako fans DO see this coming.

It all begins with the Agency transfer exactly 2 years ago, but that too long and I will just point at closer signs here.

Mako told us that she definitely won't participate in 2019 SSK. This alone is a sign because she said she was happy that she participate in 2018 SSK.

In letter to Naachan in her seitansai a few months ago, "I have already find my dream" is a pretty big give away.

And lastly, Mako always told us that the proper way to oshi is to have fun. She almost never request anything directly, but she and the Japanese fan community push HARD for all fans to create a Mako uchiwa (cheer fan) for this concert. Mako even sent a Mobame requesting that. It is easy to see something big is going to happen.

I will leave for now.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 7
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

If Juri announces hers soon too ... Juri too has shown signs of graduation. Tomorrow is Team B stage.

Highly likely, she will keep being singer.

3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest, I don't get the fascination with/fixation on Korea right now, what's to gain with exchanging competing in one highly saturated market with competing in another?
    I'm not following it and it might be J-Pop is all the rage right now in Korea (personally I kinda doubt it) but even then ... that might/will pass or not.

It's still a pity to see a graduation of someone who doesn't have seemed to realised her potential (without out her being to blame for it btw)
    maybe she shouldn't have been transferred to Team K ... maybe they should have kept Team 4 together a bit more, played up the competition between Team 4 as upcoming against the established Teams more ... who knows.

I wish her the best of luck outside of AKB, it will be a big change for sure but others have gone before her .. and some of them are doing alright after all.

btw, it's even more of a pity as it looked like she had an upsurge in popularity last year ... at least here on the forum her thread is one of the more active ones in Team K for sure ... and she was kinda knocking on the door of the senbatsu in the SSK...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. jenel.f0506

jenel.f0506 Kenkyuusei

I have a feeling that juri will graduate also.
    Mako..... It's sad to see her go..
    Maybe the reason for her graduation is the debut in Korea..

But why are they aiming to debut in korea.. ?
    I hope im not right about this speculation.

Sent from my Lenovo K10e70 using Tapatalk

5. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    You guys....

Lately I have been getting a feeling that Mako participated in PD48 just because of Juri....

Anyway, Mako prepared for graduation for two years, and she feel she is ready now. She will be working in fashion and as a talent.

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Goodbye Mako, it was a great career run. Thank you for bringing me back to the 48G! Keep being awesome!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    To think that I commented in the first page of this thread and now she is graduating, is hard to believe and I feel sad but also happy for her,she found her dream.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Cross-posting this here.

9. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I was hoping she could've stayed to make senbatsu at the SSK this year...

Did she say it during the SSK last year? I couldn't have missed that, could I?

10. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Iirc it was in mobame.

11. Fmaxter

Fmaxter Kenkyuusei

Whoa... that was unxexpected :(
    Was hoping to see her in top 16 this year...

12. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    This is a bit of a shock for me.

Glad to know she knows she's staying in the entertainment industry.

I've always felt that she had a good head on her shoulders.

Good luck and thank you, Mako!

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    About what she will do next; lately her interest has been more focused on fashion.

"According to stakeholders, she said she hopes to advance to the fashion-related road in the future. Kojima says, "I think it's a dream to be in the group, but ...", the voice from the fans also asked, "Do not stop! Still, "I do not know if it will succeed, but I am afraid ... I decided to give up my hard work, so I will do my best to repay to those who took care of me ..." she said with a firm determination of determination.

According to Minegishi, this concert, Kojima played a role as a mood maker. "It was definitely Mako who made the atmosphere of Team K and pulled it at the center.I surely will be missing that existence

(The graduation time is undecided.)

201901120000978-w500_0.jpg

201901120001070-w500_1.jpg

201901120001070-w500_0.jpg

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/201901120001070.html

Full (google) version of graduation statement (@innosu will probably fix it).

"Before going to the last song, let me present one, I, Kojima Mako graduates from AKB, I graduate ... Yes, that is the case ... That is ... hehe he will be announcing I was wondering whether it would be time for team K to be the first big concert of Team K, but I was at a loss as to which members of my favorite team, the fans who said they wanted to see, the family and friends who came, I decided to give time to think before saying everyone else .. I guess I'm crying ... Ano, I, I, 15 years old to 21 years old I went to AKB for 6 and a half, I've been experiencing a lot of things, finally I've been looking for a new goal for about two years now, finding my dreams and preparing for it recently, so I am finally ready to leave so it's very positive I am graduating, never going to be lost in front of you, and I am also thinking of arrogance to be cheered from now on. Thank you. I think that it is a dream to follow in a group But ... "Well then, do not you stop doing?" (Laughing), but I've learned a lot from AKB and have learned a lot, even if I am not inside, it will be for AKB48 I thought that I could do it and walked outside for the sake of going out and adding it to the ground ... I do not know if it will succeed but I am afraid but I decided to do my best ... for those who took care of me I will do my best to repay .... Thank you ... Thank you very much ... I will keep it as it is ... From now on ... What shall I do ... I want to hide (laughing), I keep trying my dreams like myself, I try hard, so I will try my best, I think it's okay if I do not have one, but thank you for your continued support of AKB and Team K. "

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/201901120001030.html

Added: here is an article with collected tweets and pictures from many members, including Naachan, Miki, Tomu, Meru, Komi, Renacchi, Miichan, and more.

https://www.narinari.com/Nd/20190152833.html

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Haha and I wondered how in the world I was tagged.

I did planned to translate it here --- if I wasn't spending time since her announcement until around 4 hours after that translating everything in Thai (I runs Kojimako Thai translation account) that's why I just write summary before. I based my translation on the speech transcribed by @s_egg which I think is a little bit more detailed.

In a blink of an eye, we entered encore. In a blink of an eye, the next song is a last song. Before that, let me make one announcement. I, Kojima Mako, will graduate from AKB48. The reason I announce it here is because this is Team K first big concert. I was not sure If I should borrow the time or not, but in the end, I want to do it in front of beloved members, the fans said they want to watch this concert, families and friends that come to see me, so I decided to announce it here. I am not going to suddenly disappear from everyone -- I arrogantly think that everyone will continue to support me.

(Small voice) So I cry...

Eh, er, from the age of 15 to 21, about 6 and a half years I am here in AKB. I get to experience a lot things, but about 2 years before this, I found my new objective, new dream. I believe I have now finished carefully preparing and is ready to face the world. So this will be a forward-looking graduation.

Well, I think that I could also chase my dream here while still in the group (Guest: So don't!) I am indebted to AKB48; I have learnt a lot, so I think that even as an outsider I could still be beneficial for AKB48. So for myself, I want to take a step outside and place my foot on the land. I don't know if I will be success or not and I am scared, but I decided that I will try me best so that I could repay people whom I am indebted to. So, from now on, I will... How to say it. I want to hide right now. I will chase my dream steadily in my own way with all my might. [To member] Don't cry. Because everyone is doing their best, when I won't be here anymore I think everyone will be just fine. From now one, please continue to support AKB48 and Team K.

Mako [To Miichan] "I said it"
    Mii "You said well. Really. About 1 year ago Mako seriously think about her own path. To put it simply for everyone, recently, don't you know Mako-chan Instagram is fashionable? These changes are all part of the a great effort that Mako-chan put in for herself. Mako-chan that put all these efforts to go to the next stage, even though she is my junior, I find it very cool. For this Team K concert, she helps build the atmosphere. The center that helps pull everyone together is definitely Mako. Losing that kind of presence from Team K is very sad and left us with some uneasiness. Yes, for Mako beloved Team K, I wish protect a Team K with Komiharu at the center so that when Mako see us again, she could say 'Ah, that's really Team K'. So from now on, please support Team K's Future as well as Mako's Future."

--------------
    Lastly, I wanted to add: There has never been a graduation at Mako-level popularity in a LONG time. Personally, I expected a graduation song AND a graduation concert (maybe TDC-level, but Dome-level might also be possible). No matter what people say about Mako, she is in Top 16 of AKB48, and she is No. 1 Under for All48G for several years already.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Come ON, Mako. Of all the girls that could graduate I didn't want one of them to be you... I'm legit upset lol.

I guess there's nothing we can do so good luck kid. It seems like she has it all mapped out already so there is not much else but let her shine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I kinda forgot that she's actually has an external management agency

Probably is the right thing to do. I think she will do well. Looking forward to her beauty and modelling career
    (otherwise she can always be a tanuki)

=====

Don't you dare !! :|:|:|
    (I know I did say in a different thread that I don't mind my oshimen graduates given the current conditions)

17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Aw, what a disappointment really. It's not super shocking per se, but it's still unfortunate.

18. nyahappii

nyahappii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    mikeyspacejdot
    Nooooo!!

My current #2 oshi, behind Yuihan. It's true, there have been enough hints lately. But it still is sad.

As a fan of "AKB's Kojimako", I will miss her dimply smile, and her aura. When Takamina talked about her and said senpais love her, i was sold that my ori-oshi gave her the stamp of approval. Leading TTMC and her acting in the doramas were good. It feels like there was just ... more she could have done still. Like an Iwata Karen or Shida Manaka, its about the loss of potential. I think she would have been senbatsu for sure, esp with Sakura and Nako out. And with many sode groups getting final concerts, lets hope tentoumu gets one...maybe woth a live drama skit of their school cop show with Lily Franky

As a fan of Mako Kojima the person, I'm excited for what she has to do next. Her IG pix are stylish, and ive seen pics of her lately with Yoshida Akari and Murase Sae ... possibly getting style tips and advice for a future career path? Whatever it is as long as she's enjoying it I will support it.

Kojimako, otsukare samedeshita

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I think the reason behind people thinking about a Korean debut is because JYP (one of the Big 3 entertainment companies in South Korea) is planning on debuting a Japanese girl group. There were rumors during PD48 about him scouting some 48g members to be in it. I don't know if that was actually true though.

I wish her all the best in her future and hopefully she's in senbatsu for the next single or at least the single before her graduation.

20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Really a shame to see Mako graduate :( I've always really liked her positive aura and her smile, and this may sound weird, but her speaking voice is really lovely too!! I'll be sad to see her go.

I'm actually not a 100% sure how big of a fan Mako herself is, but since everyone mentioned Juri, she is a really big fan of K-Pop groups and I'd personally really like to see Mako collaborate in some way with Juri or Miki or someone else. Juriʼs reason for why K-Pop is such a big deal is because it doesn't only have a fanbase in Korea, it also has a really huge fanbase in Japan and the west. One thing that is a real shame is that the 48G is still almost unknown outside Japan (EDIT: Asia) , despite debuting 13+ years ago now. 48G also doesn't make it easy for international fans as its impossible to find translated videos of them appearing on TV on YouTube and not only do all lyric videos get copy striked (whereas most K-Pop songs simply get claimed, can still be played but are monetized by the company) but they're also not available on streaming services in the west. NGT's Sekai no Hito e is the first and only 48G song that's available in Europe and the US. If you want to be famous in the first place, I can understand the want or desire to become not only a national but also an international idol

• Informative Informative x 1