1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kubo Shiori (Kubochan) / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

She's too popular to be an under member.

2. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    This is an eargasm galore. Her words mean nothing to me I just want to listen to her talking :inlove:

I used to have the same idea. Used to. I wanted it for this 22nd single. But because Under center is for Kiichan who is also in need for that position, I can't blame management. Kiichan deserves it.
    Now, I don't want it anymore. Kubochan has lost too much opportunities, I want her in the spotlight for next single.

Management has done leap of faith in the past. Asuka was a second row tier member when they trusted her to center HadaSummer. Ume was an Under before they got her center the coupling song Sora Tobira. Can't they do one for Kubo as well?

3. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    kubo is finally back in under construction! it's been so long...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mas Hir

Mas Hir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    Twitter:
    h2umi
    New series for Miyagi sendai tabi shiori

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Today, she went to Taiwan to attend the event of "Nihon Tohoku Recreation Day 2018"
    cywc47opc2wtehedirxm25c8.jpg 6iokwpi72wnlq2fks65sl0go3.jpg 4bvn6ain8opsf3s2sh4bk54gl.jpg 3d9v9is8ipjdipp471jpc2pm6.jpg
    Source

• Like Like x 1
  6. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Kubo-chan is rising!

7. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

of course i am bias here and nothing against other fans' support for the other girls when it comes to future nogi ace. but this girl is to me is the future or let me just say my future nogi ace. a humble demeanor and the talent she has. we have yet to see the best from her.

8. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I'm afraid that her path will be more like Iku-chan path. I believe at first management seems want to push Momo-Zukki-Kubo's trio, but as time goes, now they seems has changed to push Yoda-Zukki-Ume recently. Atm i'm pretty sure she will become a first row member in near future or at least perma-fukujin member, but to be called ace/face, i doubt it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Kubochan in youtube :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. NyanNyan's Pet

That's why I put there "my future Nogi ace". I'm just saying I put my bet on her. She has everything she needs to move forward. And we all know the reason she's out of the picture as of the moment. You said it yourself, it's changing. There is no clear cut even if it looks like the current situation is Yamashita, Umezawa and Yoda. If she's gonna have the same path as Ikuchan, well that's awesome if you look at the bright side.
    We still have Shiraishi, Ikuta and Asuka. I'm gonna add Hori because they are front runner for center position next year. Well maybe not Ikuta as usual. But it's also possible that management will start putting 3rd gen as center and that could depend of which single of the year.
    I have my doubts too. Doubts about the girl many thinks the management will push as the future ace/s. Ok I'm not gonna go much further. I'd rather see it happen first. Kubo is back, just at the right time. Let's wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  11. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Kubochan's second day in Taiwan. She is really cute with ponytail.
    yl8se1kprantfztenryq1sdm.jpg a92wusb7t0ok8l1w804mn2zx.jpg 1jp7xhcvfjq54djjx0z0086wc.jpg 1jinmf54xo2w2gwg69ccwf33c.jpg

Video in the first day

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Thanks for saying this.
    I will keep my faith in her. In my opinion, her hiatus and now Under position gives way for management to push Minamin, which is good for Minamin herself and the group (could always use more popular member). Imagine having a party of RPG characters, and one of the character goes down, unavailable to be dispatched for a while. You level up other character first to fill in so you can stabilize your party strength. It's a win-win because in the end, you have more strong characters to choose.
    What I don't really trust is the management. There's no telling what's their decision after this. They've used every reason available to restrain Kubochan now (she was sick, she is in Under), but for the next single, they will only have one possible reason, which is 'we're used to this and we're comfortable', and that, is something I can't and won't accept.
    Hope they won't do that.

Some Kubochan fanarts
    Dt7_h44U0AEUjgX.jpg Dt6bf7uVsAAkO_h.jpg DtGOX0HUUAAKtup.jpg DuAaaOpVsAA9hL-.jpg DtPRsZbV4AAx_HZ.jpg
    (source: 1 2 3 4 5)

• Like Like x 2
  13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

What's confusing for me is, what requirements to get 'pushed' by management. Kubo have both talent and popularity, yet they still put her on under after she comeback from hiatus while they put Manatsu and Iori (cmiiw) on senbatsu. Ofc they have different reason for their hiatus, but at least management should tell us their reason to put this girl on senbatsu or under after take hiatus.

14. NyanNyan's Pet

afaik, manatsu was her studies, right? i'm not too clear about iori's case.
    kubo on the other hand is health issue. same with hime and kiichan. they all end up UG after hiatus from health problem. i feel like it's an automatic UG if that's the case.
    sucks because all 3 girls are my favorite :hmm:
    that is my biggest fear. which reminds me of himetan. has the talent and popularity but they rather use her at UG. and when health problem stopped her momentum after finally making it back to senbatsu, it was really a sad ending for me as a fan.
    if management dare do that to kubo (keep her UG) . . . let's wait
    i don't want to badmouth any other 3rd gen since i love them all as a group but kubo has the most potential among them. and with my high level bias i'd say she's the most center material member from 3rd gen. watching their 5th BD live performance convinced me a lot. she's a natural performer on stage and she enjoy doing it. and we all know she can sing, live!!!
    i'm already disappointed about 22nd single putting her at UG. next single it's only right to bring her back no matter which position. i don't want to think of any other scenario.
    But one important thing. She is busy herself doing lots of promotion. And she carry with her their group name Nogizaka46.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Iori also went hiatus due to her study. But both her and Manatsu take hiatus just right after they accepted as a Nogi members, right? So it's nothing to do with their popularity among the fans why they choosen as a senbatsu member since they're not yet participating on Nogi's event. (Even Shitara asking 'who is Akimoto Manatsu' on 4th single senbatsu announcement iirc). We all know what health problem Himetan facing, but we don't know yet what health issue with Kiichan and Kubo. For Kubo, i don't think she's facing mental health issue since she's young and always looks happy. However, i'm hoping the best for her in next single. I'll be happy even if it's only 3rd row on senbatsu :inlove:

16. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    On the 3rd day, she visited some of landmarks in Taipei.
    IMG_20181216_234231.jpg IMG_20181216_234234.jpg IMG_20181216_234250.jpg IMG_20181216_234312.jpg IMG_20181216_234317.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    what ikuchan path here ? Ikuchan had the brightest career comparing her 2 fellow pushes from the early days ( Ikoma and Hoshino ) , very low amount of antis while those 2 had famously tanks lot of the antis back then. and she's still being top tier member till this day. she's along with Nanase , Maiyan and Probably Asuka was different tier among the rest of the group , and its already been like that since + until forever. maybe nanamin can be on this tier too if she's still in the group.

if you said she's lack of solo center , well im not in position to judge that. that's obv unfortunately , but what can i say is if you're group had 3~5 super popular member , cant expect all of them share the same amount of centered song tho.

Iori , Himetan never been got a super solid sales like kubo. while in kicchan case i believe its not solely an health issue, but since its all only rumors and news from close friend which heard , so i left it to be unspoken here

idk should trust management or no , but i think even they're sometimes doing a dumb decision , but obv there's a lot of management decision too which had been consider regarding Fans Demand.

thats 3rd Gen on 22nd single , only Zukki and Yoda which can be considered prolly a little bit more popular than Kubo. both all of them shared almost same handshake sales. Minamin is rising(+pushed) lately, but i dunt think she's already above step of kubo.

as there's 2 vacant spot in senbatsu for next single, i really believe and hope she's pretty sure entered the senbatsu. filling waka's position as 2nd row center , or more wildly swap position with minamin while minamin being the 2nd row center

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

That's what i mean. She had bright career, inside or outside Nogi's but even she have the talent she lack of solo center or even solo song. Imo, she's the best singer in Nogi atm. For me, she's at the same level with Nishino and Shiraishi but her position in senbatsu never the same with them. Ikuchan's barely at the side of the center position except on their early days (cmiiw). While Nishino and Shiraishi always in that position if not they are the center since 8th single.

It's not my right to judge, but stand beside the center it's like stated your position in the group.

So in Ikuchan case, imo management didn't utilising well their 'greatest treasure'.

19. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Ikuta Solo Song were 2 , thats above Maiyan ( Offshore Girl ) , Asuka ( Katai kara no you ni dakishimetai ) and if you want to put Nanamin also like i mention above how i believe she can be among the top tier along the others if she's still around , she even didnt have any solo single ever.

Maiyan and Asuka got their solo center just recently , especially maiyan after so many years passed.

only 3 amount of fukujin separates her with Ringo and 2 with Manatsu , which popularity level there's a huge amount gap obviously between those 3.

my point was , just dont because she didnt had amount solo centered song that you think she's really behind among the rest while in fact she is far above from lot of girls from the rest of the group. if you want to put her on Maiyan or Nanase place at the single few years ago,

well what can i say , maiyan + nanase pushes bring a lot benefits for the Nogizaka46 brand itself with Maiyan who's very popular in modelling world and non wota audiences + Nanase growing her wota fanbase rapidly. i wouldnt say if Ikuchan on that position will make Nogi become worse ,

but lets be real , with nogi brand become large its surely benefit on ikuchan nowdays career tho. who would tought that little girl who only filling AKB Kohaku as guest pianist now had an MTV Unplugged solo Live , Involved in lot of Top Tier Musical which she had loved since long time ago , had a lot amounts of solo collab with top artists in big tv shows

if speak about singing ability , how about rotti then ? she's arguably on par with ikuchan or even better. but she's never got a chance and even got witchhunted by fans for her scandals. Reika and Misa can sing too even far below Ikuchan talent but never got a 'real' chances. Zuumin got destroyed by her own group and Kyonko , even her group didnt get their official debut single yet

after all Idol Groups was only their opening of long journey showbizz career, which on ikuchan condition right now i think she's already achieve so many great achievements which can guarantee her success even for her post-graduation career later. yes as a nanase oshii even i believe ikuchan future is brighter than nanase. Yes , IMHO only Maiyan + Ikuchan which already guaranteed their Post-Graduation career later 99.9% Success

there's nothing about underutilized about her imho. since even she's not on nanase/maiyan position back in their early days , Nogi itself already become #1 idol group + she had amazing individual career right now. so everything is win win condition for me.

if only Nogi just a low tier group right now , only on that condition we can say " if only xXx being pushed rather than qWe at that moment "

dont get me wrong here , im not discrediting her. even i would say i love and admire her so much. count out all nanase center + solo songs. almost all ikuchan unit was my favorites, Nandome + Kimi no na ha Kibou ( which arguably being her 'signature' rather than ikoma ) was easily my top 5 outside nanase 7 centered songs. honorable mention for i’m listening more to ikuta version of Migikata at MTV Unplugged rather than the OG singer acchan which been one of my kami oshii long time ago + im still loving her till now. Nogi had a lot of amazing girls , which not all of them even can stand on par with the others, mentioning Ikuchan soundly underwhelming/underutilized in the group srsly seems really unfair for lot of girls which i believe didnt got too much chances but also deserved it so much too.

but for sure im waiting and hoping the chances she's centering another Nogi single tho.
    special mention which i love from Nogi was , no single members being "overutilized" like our little sister , which would bring a lot of fortunes and exposure for lot of members and surely will bring them a good amount success later

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

So, seems i've misunderstand about 'Ikuta's path' here.

However, for Kubo, i really want her on the spotlight. Eventho she's not my favorite 3rd gen member, i want her as a first 3rd gen member who solo-centered a single.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1