1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kubo Shiori (Kubochan) / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Kubo Shiori "Japan Tohoku Recreation Day 2018" greeting

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  2. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Kubo Shiori in Taipei (from Nogizaka46 LINE)

• Like Like x 1
  3. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    The next Nogiten 2 (12/27) will have a theme of "Kubo Shiori's Ideal Holiday". In this episode Tokyo-born members will recommend places of Tokyo for Kubochan to visit.
    https://twitter.com/nogiten2/status/1076025624530042880

Just in case it got taken down, here's the same video from Nogizaka official facebook page

• Like Like x 3
  4. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mas Hir

Mas Hir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    Twitter:
    h2umi
    Kubo-chan new episode from Sendai Tabi Shiori series

This episode Kubo visiting Matsushima

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Kubo made me visit Matsushima before, and now I want to go there again.

7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2018
  8. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I am intrigued with her second haiku in the video:
    幸せをみんなに届けるヒロインに
    shiawase wo minna ni todokeru hiroin ni
    to be the heroine who delivers happiness to everyone

The word choice of 'heroine' is unusual for her. Seems like she's really looking forward to 2019. Me too, girl.

Excerpt from Kubochan's pages in OVERTURE no17, with never seen before pre-debut pics. Gotta translate it, as it's interesting.
    006G0NdYly1fyiup9p6wtj31yj293npd (1).jpg
    Childhood

When I was a child I liked to play outside, I made mud balls, playing princess, I was a really active person. The sisters of our family always played together with our childhood friends who are also siblings, the 4 of us. We didn't have many friends, but our relationship was strong. But, within these 4, I was really selfish. When we were playing house, I decided my own role first, 'Me! Me!' I was a kid like that. When I was told 'Let's go!', I would oppose and said 'No! I want to go there! (whilst pointing at other direction)', when I got angry at my sister I also fought her while crying. I was an annoying brat who inconvenienced my childhood friends each time.

006G0NdYly1fyiuqwtiigj31uk2iynpd (1).jpg
    Elementary school

Stature, physical strength, and scholastic ability were all average. But, I really liked music. The teacher of my brass instrument band was strict, the feeling of not wanting to get scolded got stronger, and I couldn't fit in the class as well. By the time I was in sixth grade, I had the thought of 'I'll become the air' (tlnote: meaning she felt like she's invisible, having no presence).
    Couldn't just staying put seeing me having anxiety and shyness around strangers, my mother got me to start cheerleading. I entered Rakuten cheerleaders when I was in third grade, I met a lot of lively kids, and we could talk, so I was able to conquer my shyness. In fourth grade, I attended special class to prepare for a performance at a big event. Me at school and me at cheerleading, I think we were completely different person.

006G0NdYly1fyiv0xhpb9j32781whnpd (1).jpg
    Junior high school

I was engrossed in my badminton club activities. I was really serious doing it, and despite not being good at it, my teacher appointed me as the club captain. Thinking about it now, maybe that was youth.
    The class of second grade was fun and my life was saved. Everyone was indiscriminately voicing their opinions and visions, it was an 'adult'-like class. In that class when we had a mini athletic competition, we won the championship, and at choir contest too, we got the most valuable award. In that class, I was not 'air', I was 'Nogizaka46 missionary Kubo'. To increase the number of the kids who like idols, first of all if I always talk to them about Nogizaka46, one day, everyone will love Nogizaka46.

006G0NdYly1fyitvbqsrsj32972lmnpd (1).jpg 006G0NdYly1fyj9v2xn36j30na0z2wig (1).jpg
    I think for now no one can beat her at being Nogizaka #1 otaku.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    kubo will be helding a titled show at line live starting next January and it is surprisedly announced in today's line live streaming!

Congrats to Kubo chan:banana:

• Like Like x 2
  10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    https://live.line.me/channels/21/broadcast/10216433
    That was... one hell of a broadcast. Almost one hour of nonstop, fast paced talking Kubochan style, with organized contents. I love how she made a quiz about Nogi and one question was about Ayame-chan ('Who's the youngest member of Nogizaka?') :blush: Okay I am biased.

Another highlight is her birthday this year that was celebrated together with the graduates, Himetan and Marika. These two kind-hearted senpai surprised her by giving her the first birthday meal in her life. The three of them ate the food together and talked a lot. They are planning to do it again next year, but they will invite Sayunyan too next time. Kinda emotional in this part.
    DvWH0s5U0AEcw0W.jpg

And then one kanji she chose to write:
    DvWt3gwVsAE_kof.jpg
    走(る). hashiru. to run
    She decided that she's going to run in 2019. Finding places where she previously stopped, and resume running. Yes. Take over your deserving position.

This broadcast apparently was due to invitation for Kubochan from LINE LIVE, so maybe that's why Nogizaka official twitter account didn't tweet anything about this, as it's not the group's program.
    I don't know if this is normal for a LINE LIVE broadcast and I don't know how their viewer calculations differ from SR, but here's Kubochan's recapitulation right after the broadcast ended.
    kubo shiori line live dec 26 2018 ending stat-crop.jpg
    No matter how you see it, it's amazing.

As additional info, the show LINE LIVE entrusted to her is a 冠番組, kanmuri bangumi, crown program. It is a program where usually the name of the host/main participant is attached in the program's name (like Bananaman no Bananamoon GOLD, Nogizaka Koujichuu, any program with Akashiya Sanma as the host). So for Kubochan it may be 'Kubo Shiori no something' later [hehe]
    Of course the program will be broadcast in LINE LIVE and not on TV/radio like examples above, but to think that it's regular and in such a huge scope platform... way to go, Kubochan. Congratulations.

Edit: video link update

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    2018 has been an unlucky year for her, hope 2019 will be better, she is so promising.

12. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Like Like x 3
  13. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Found an article of Zaikei, written on Dec 30, which I mostly agree upon, so I decided to translate it. It's written in a bit of different perspective, so be warned.
    At the finale of Kouhaku Uta Gassen, regarding Nogizaka that is facing the graduation of its great ace Nishino Nanase, whether willing or not, 2019 will be the year of generational change.

In 2018, there are 8 graduations; Kawamura Mahiro, Ikoma Rina, Sagara Iori, Saito Chiharu, Noujo Ami, Kawago Hina, Wakatsuki Yumi, and Nishino Nanase, and what's concerning about this is, most of them are in the intermediate age group of their generations.

Currently, who's left are the eldest Shinuchi Mai, and Shiraishi Mai, Matsumura Sayuri, Eto Misa as the veteran older sisters group, then Saito Asuka, Hoshino Minami, and Hori Miona who take the central role of the next generation aces. On the surface it is unlikely for the mainframe to collapse, but as the intermediate age group who possess both experiences and skills are almost completely gone, it's becoming like an army without officer, unexpectedly fragile.

Especially, Kawamura・Saito・Noujo・Kawago, four people who also served as advisers for the juniors through the Under Live, the sense of loss can be felt greatly.

Of course, the youngsters who are left... particularly, the ones entrusted as the Under Live leaders Wada Maya or Higuchi Hina, and the second generations which expectations and responsibility are becoming bigger, it is obvious that how the management handle them will become more important than ever.

It isn't just about their breakthrough as an idol group, and management has been doing a great job in managing them individually with emphasis in theatrical plays, but the limiting treatment they gave to second generation in 2018, and the abolition of all members individual PV is seen as a poor move that stood out.

Frankly speaking, photobooks, individual jobs, and handshake meeting may stand out, but reporter has the impression that the fundamental activities as an idol group are not fulfilling anymore.

Most of the Lives become Graduation Lives, although the enjoyable pure idol Lives are (in the end this is personal opinion) National Summer Tour and Under Live.

The simultaneous Live that was held in Jingu and Chichibunomiya became a hot topic, but because mostly Under and Senbatsu are separated, the sense of unity of the Live as a whole is poor.

In that sense, in 2019, I definitely want them to refine their songs and performances just like artist Nogizaka in their first year.

And the ones who hold the key to that, are Kubo Shiori and Sakaguchi Tamami of third generation, aren't they?

Kubo's singing ability is at the comparable level of Ikuta Erika and Kawamura Mahiro, and Sakaguchi Tamami's flexible overflowing expressive dance has a charm that surpasses, or at least not inferior, to Nakada Kana and Ito Marika.

So far, members with high singing skill and dance sense are being deferred in the Under, and though Nogizaka also has success by focusing on members whose growth is developing, I want to see you take on the challenge by bringing these two to the Senbatsu front.

Also, the lack of Live footage is something Nogizaka should improve. Now, including Under Live, at every Live the competition is fierce, there are a lot of fans who couldn't get a ticket, although they are craving to see the Live scene.

Because you can't do theater performance relay like AKB, can't you at the very least make it into CDs? The fourth generations are also entering, to help remembering names and faces, that kind of business effort is needed...

In any case, this year, I really enjoyed to run after Nogizaka. With gratitude to both members and management, I wish for you to leap even further next year.
    I only a bit disagree about the Live footage part, where Nogizaka actually put effort to have Live viewing on screens for those who can't get the venue ticket, and concert DVD/Bluray is not something new. But to be fair it takes years for them to release it, so this article's point stands. Not to mention not all concert/event are made into video fans can buy.
    But about Kubochan and Tamachan, I concur. Tamachan still has the chance to make it, and Kubochan is definitely front row level.

A page from latest Seventeen
    DvfxvSAVAAAhC3v.jpg
    Kubochan's aspiration is
    幸せを寄せて届ける
    shiawase wo yosete todokeru
    to gather happiness and deliver it

Consistent with her haiku from Tabi Shiori.

006k30fOgy1fyoxunb616j30a10e8wks.jpg 006k30fOgy1fyoxundnnhj30a10e8te4.jpg 006k30fOgy1fyoxun8c1fj30a10e842p.jpg 006k30fOgy1fyoxun8qnfj30a10e8n1f.jpg 006k30fOgy1fyoxun9d0ij30a10e8gpj.jpg 006k30fOly1fxh1duvwjoj30a00e8gn4.jpg 006k30fOly1fxh1dv16j4j30a20e8goe.jpg 006k30fOly1fxh1duy6s5j30a20e8tb3.jpg 006k30fOly1fxmmkxw7nzj309x0e8wf7.jpg 006k30fOly1fxmmkxz83hj309x0e8756.jpg 006k30fOly1fxmmkxzc7lj309x0e80te.jpg 006k30fOly1fxa011rzvhj309x0e80u7.jpg 006k30fOly1fxa011sau0j309x0e8abi.jpg 006k30fOly1fxa011q0xej309y0e8wf3.jpg 006k30fOly1fxa011rtnej309x0e8myb.jpg 006z6nxLly1fyoususjebj30hs0nqdjn.jpg 006z6nxLly1fyousvedx6j30hs0nqn1n.jpg 006z6nxLly1fyousn7om7j30hs0nqjvf.jpg 006z6nxLly1fyousvue29j30hs0nqwie.jpg

Happy New Year, everyone!

• Like Like x 4
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Totally agree with the article. Under has lost several 'big' figures recently. We could say now they will rellying on the young member.

15. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Nice acticle. Honestly, I'm anxiously waiting for Senbatsu announcement, already. I only need to hear one name. I expect her back to Senbatsu.
    Tamami on the other hand, I think that's the cut-off. She could be the last 3rd gen to make Senbatsu. That's what I'm hoping for personally even though I prefer Mukai or Reno. But I could be wrong. We'll see next single.

16. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    i wouldnt say that i disagree with this , but in my view the problem which holding them do a superior BD live like in the earlier days , it wasnt because the talented members were in unders or lack of talented girls in the front row. but with the popularity already rocketing high right now , tons of individual jobs right now , its pretty obvious they cant perform all-setlist in whole bd live. its almost impossible to practicing all those setlist with their current individual schedule right now.

i agree , despite the prestige of dome and all those huge venues right now. harshly speaking their live is sucks comparing with the previous years. setlist is repetitive ( although we had the Jikochuu-produce unit in summer tour ) , but as a fans who witnessing all their BD lives , i agree these days live is kinda bit underwhelming comparing to the past.

would i be complaining or disappointed ? disappointed yes , but i wouldnt complain with it. its the price they need to pay due to be very busy right now. my point is about the separating members about unders and senbatsu at previous bd live is , its not the time they could gather 40+++ girls at the same time to do a rehearsal / practice anymore like in the past. the best way is separated it and probably rehearsing it could be much easier.

about the Live DVD/BR releases take some time.. , well maybe its a marketing tactics ? i mean , if they release it quickly , it would triggering people mindset " why do i need to travel far away while i can wait the dvd/br release in few months later ? " . i see it they keep holding to release the DVD/BR also took a part for keeping people interest to travel for their live performances. it was an obvious fact , if they holding live outside Tokyo such as previous summer tour , it wasnt the local people who came to their live , but still the majority was fans traveling from big cities to attend their live. if BR/DVD got released pretty quickly , im afraid it could hurt the interest to attending their live outside of Tokyo.

my only demand about DVD/BR release , i need unders-live BD/DVD ffs. :p

regarding lot of high figures leave in both of unders and senbatsu , i'm aware too but i still put my optimistic on it. the regeneration in nogi is going smoothly, maybe its not perfect , but at least it wasnt on poor condition. and we now got the 4th gen too , all the members in unders already being in the group long enough to took the "senpai" role in that position ( from the 1st-2nd gen at least ).

last about kubo-chan , well... i dont want to jinx it. but srsly i dont think mgmt will be dumb enough to not including her in the senbatsu , even fukujin in the futures.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  17. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Well it's bound to be out of topic because the article is mainly about Nogizaka in general but I posted it here, because reasons :D So it's okay I guess.

I agree with your points. Their schedules are so hectic nowadays that organizing practice and lessons must be a pain in the ass for management. That maybe is the reason why they compromised with the 'reduced quality'. But I also understand the perspective of fans who wants to see their favorite idol group to show a strong performance. Kinda a matter of finding balance I suppose.

For DVD/Bluray releases, I also consider that point of view. If they release it right away after the event it will damage the ticketing sales in the long run, yes. But sometimes they just take their time too much. A DVD/BR for a 2 years old concert? People move on. Personally I think a year is enough of time buffer. Considering even movies usually take less than that amount of time between the cinema premiere and Bluray release, in my opinion concerts should not be that different. In addition, some important concert/events never see the light of day as well, like Principal or Omitatekai. And Andara, yes.
    But they are more lenient with stage plays now, because you can watch them on TV nowadays, so it's appreciated.

18. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    its a nice discussion tho, although maybe a little bit out of topic but i rly dont mind about it and as long people in here didnt get annoyed too by some OOT posts

me as a huge fan also really demand for a strong performances too. not to try being arrogance but i got all of their lives in my backup data + and i almost come to all of their lives in kanto venues since moves here in 2015 , and i watched Tokyo Dome only less than 5 times , i went to watch it due to i cant come + see how beauty the lightning atm. my usual playlist were still and always be 3&5. they had 140-150 songs iirc , maybe reach 160 on this year of summer. asking them for performing whole of it maybe too much , especially if we're demanding it for 7th birthday live which was less than 2 months. but as 4th gen were coming , i've low-key ing maybe they could pull at least half of the setlist in the BD live / summer tour this year.

im agree with the time span for they releasing DVD/BR is quite too long. and if they think BR price is quite high , i believe they already learn to reach more less-strong finances buyer by releasing the each days-type which wasnt too pricey comparing iirc on 3rd birthday live they only had the complete 3days box ?. actly idk how to say it , its a blessing on disguise or what , but we know lately there's a leak from live viewing live in pirated site , and what i could say some of the quality is pretty good too. im just afraid it could make SME getting discourage / hard to releasing the concert BR/DVD.

Andara is pretty much i wished being release too, 2018 they had 3 Under Series in whole year. Chuubu , Hokkaido and Kanto at the end. each live were heavily focused to current Under Center atm ( Ayane-Kanarin-Kiichan ) , and i rly believe Ayane and Kiichan them self really need those release to revert some of people mind regarding them (+1 Kanarin is one of my faves :p)

Omitatekai also very important to let fans know the new girls , maybe including it as a bonus on album release would be good ? as i see our album had good amount of sales too.

with current great run on 2018. pretty successful tours in local + overseas. i hope 2019 bring lot of new interesting things to be released after all

• Like Like x 1
  19. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Photos from Miyagi Sendai Tabi Shiori
    50013036_980272482164709_472645323970314240_o.jpg 48928904_972356676289623_1349275164428206080_o.jpg 48997419_972355246289766_1879837924816584704_o.jpg 49322414_981730895352201_1658587215753641984_o.jpg 49380397_981731668685457_7147751339269816320_o.jpg 49726398_981730998685524_2362781923232710656_o.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Kubo Shiori and Kitano Hinako will be the cover girls of Japanese magazine BUBKA, it will come with their double-sided poster, the magazine will be released on 31 January 2019.

bubka-2019-march-cover.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1