1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Leah Dizon

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by hanabi, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Rijio

Rijio Kenkyuusei

It's too sexylicious for me XD
    some of her pb looks inapropriate to me =( I mean her voice's great, she doesn't have to play too much on that sexyness =s

2. Daisuki Daiiyo

Daisuki Daiiyo Kenkyuusei

lol general interest in her Gravure career is what enabled her to transfer over to music successfully in the first place. Idk, it's different for some people I guess.

I don't mind her sexy photoshoots, because she did start out as an import model after all. And hey, better get good mileage out of your looks now before everything starts to sag!

Anyway, looking forward to her album! If it's atleast half as good as her Koi Shiyou single, I'll be pleasantly surprised. <3

3. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    She's a gravure idol, I don't think being "appropriate" would sell too many photobooks if you're doing gravure work :lol: It's her job to be sexy.

4. Rijio

Rijio Kenkyuusei

indeed, but i like her more in her musical carrer where she can be sexy w/o being vulgar =)

5. dokidokisuru

dokidokisuru Kenkyuusei

^ Her gravure stuff isn't "vulgar," imo. It's racy, but most gravure is.

Her music career, though, is just beyond disappointing. I was really hoping she'd have a good voice/material.

6. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

well i won't say that her music career is beyond disappointing, maybe it's too harsh a statement. I'd say it's just too...plain. Plain music with a plain voice that will get u nowhere (now i'm not being harsh, am i?) :lol:

7. dokidokisuru

dokidokisuru Kenkyuusei

I didn't think it was too harsh, lol. =x I was really expecting good things from her, but I've been completely let down by almost every single song she's released. In fact, I've only liked one of her songs and that was "AISHITERU ~Love Story."

Her voice isn't just plain, imo, it's painful to listen to - especially live. There are so many ex-gravure idols who've gone on to have wonderful music careers, Satomi Takasugi for example.

8. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    "Vulgar" would mean she'd be posing completely nude and such, so yes, racy is the more correct term.

As for her music, her singles aren't anything fantastic, nor are they terrible. Actually, "Softly" has become one of my favorite ballads ever, and "L.O.V.E U" just continues to grow on me.

Same applies with her singing, pretty much. Her voice is undeniably 'pretty', but it's not amazing.

9. dokidokisuru

dokidokisuru Kenkyuusei

Leah's releasing her first album, "Destiny Line," on September 12th.

Here's a new promo shot:
    [​IMG]

And the covers+tracklist:

[​IMG]
    CD+DVD

[​IMG]
    CD-only

CD:
    01. IMPOSSIBLE
    02. Everything Anything
    03. Missing
    04. koi shiyou♪
    05. unmei sen
    06. Could you be that one?
    07. Are you feelin' for me?
    08. Softly
    09. Time (Clock Of The Heart)
    10. AISHITERU~ Love Story
    11. Wonderlin'
    12. L.O.V.E U
    13. Drive me crazy
    14. Again and Again
    15. koi shiyou♪ (yasutaka-nakata capsule remix) (CD-only bonus track)

DVD:
    01. Softy (Video Clip)
    02. Everything Anything (Video Clip)
    03. koi shiyou♪ (Video Clip)
    04. L.O.V.E U (Video Clip)
    05. Again and Again (Video Clip)
    06. Real Peek

Even though I do rag on her, I am a fan... And I'll probably be getting this. Both editions. =x

10. LAMAHdesu

LAMAHdesu Kenkyuusei

^ ohh ohh preettyyy eh?

well i think i have an addiction to her "L.O.V.E U" song , i mean i listend to it all day todayy att school ! haha , soo catcchhyy .

11. Daisuki Daiiyo

L.O.V.E. U is really addicting! And I'm loving the melody and arrangement for the b-side 'Brand New Day' aswell. lol, the lyrics kind of annoy me though with the 'crazy crazy lazy lazy' part. But other than that, it's great.

12. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

Well ALL of the below is just IMHO.

- She can't really sing. At all.

- I wonder how she made it this far. Miraculously like Kusumi Koharu.

You guys are gonna kill me, innit? >.<

Srry if i offended any fans here. And owh, prove me wrong. Please.

13. Daisuki Daiiyo

lol, Well yeah, she can't really sing, but then again it's Japan. Half of AKB can't really sing either lol. She's been working really hard on it though, going to singing lessons, and she's improved (or so they tell me) since her debut. I think she sounds fine though, I personally don't mind her voice. Her songs aren't meant to be super groundbreaking or anything, just fun poppy stuff to sing/dance along to.

She made it this far because of her gravure career. She's got alot of guy fans that buy her photobooks, and then alot of female fans too that idolize her looks, and usually want to dress or do their make-up like her. I remember reading somewhere that magazine with her on the cover often sell out really quick, and so advertisers want to snap her up to, to have her help promote their merchandise.

Originally, she came to Japan just to sing, but it was the success from her Gravure/Modelling career that enabled her to successfully transfer over to a singing career since her fans followed her there.

14. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

I'd also like to add that in a way shes different cause she has "foreign roots" from Japan's perspective. I mean i like akb members simply because they are different from north american divas or pop princesses.
    On another note now and days you don't really need a good voice or "talent" to be a singer because there are so many new technology to cover up one's crappiness. Anyways jsut looking out for leah <3! well not <3 that much but still i give her my support.

15. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

^lol i guess you're good in anything when ppl's following you nowadays then

16. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

She may not be the best, but she is sexy and has plenty of talent. That's why she's made it this far. She's certainly better than some who are completely there for their image. If you can't see it, too bad for you.

Sheesh, why has this thread been the one and almost only one on this board where people have the undeniable urge to come in and just take a dump on the artist? :confused: I'm not saying you don't have the right to, but wow, this thread's been pretty hammered compared to the rest.

I dare to say it's because she's not Japanese.

17. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Her voice isn't anything fantastic, but it's good, and consistent. She's proven that she's getting to have more and more control over it. I can name a bunch of other "singers" that I don't think sing as well, and that was supposed to be their main thing, singing. She's got good dancing skills too!

One of things I really love about Leah too is that she respects and appreciates Japanese culture. There are so many foreign artists who go to Japan and it's so obvious to see that they're wishing they were somewhere else, mostly because no one's speaking English. Well, duh. They don't show respect too, Mariah Carey or Kelly Clarkson anyone? Urgh.

18. sasami

sasami Kenkyuusei

I like her
    She is beautiful ,sexy and her song is great

19. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

now this is one positive comments in the right thread :D
    i just saw Leah Dizon performed in Kouhaku Uta Gassen 2007-2008, danm she's so sexy!!! :twisted:
    I didn't remember the song she was singing, but she performed right after AKB48 singing Aitakatta (the very short version of it, like only...1 minute long? :x ), so it's like the drastic change of beat, from the upbeat song to that R&B beat...

20. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346