1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Learn Japanese!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Shin, Jun 12, 2007.

1. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
  2. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I keep myself motivated by holding in mind that I didn't have to learn much the past years since I started to work for my company :hehe: So I want to learn something again . Sounds strange but it's the truth

3. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

easiest way for me to stay motivated is to do things that are fun anyway, and that teach you Japanese passively. there are apps like this, which are like a quiz, but will also teach you important vocabulary. it's fun clearing all the stages and you will pick up many useful words on the way. it depends on your level of Japanese what else you can do, but since you're obviously interested in AKB, you could for example read news about AKB or read AKB members' blogposts. like make it a habit to read Mayu's g+ once a day in the morning or evening or whenever you have time. it'll help you pick up common Kanji and expressions, and will show you Japanese grammar being used in a natural setting.

4. ossan

ossan Member

It is said that there are 100, 000 or more family names in Japan.

5. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    From self-studying I can read hiragana and a few katakana but not one Kanji :D
    Visiting Japan on April 2015 I wish to learn from you guys so i can get around in Japan better

6. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    For learning kanji:
    http://www.kanjidamage.com/

I haven't used it, but apparently it's a simplified dictionary trying to categorize / teach the kanjis in a different way than how other books do. Also, it's free, looks like.
    Details on the site.

Thanks @gocchisama for this.

7. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    OK i'm trying to romanize the lyrics for THIS song

if the video does not show watch the video here

and so far so good, until the second chorus. the line that starts at 2:06 in the video. both the booklet and the lyric websites have written:
    Fly 体に宿る日に 薪を組む際

薪 is the character that's being a troublemaker. ON reading is shin and KUN reading is takigi according to both wiktionary and my kanji book, but it doesn't sound like she's saying either of those to my ears (although it is kind of fast). to me it sounds more like maki wo kumu sai or magi wo kumu sai.

what do you guys hear?
    edit: something else I noticed is 今夜 being pronounced something that sounds like mayo rather than konya. maybe she's pronouncing imayou?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  8. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    Im staying motivated most to the simple fact that I learn "a lot" (as in a lot for me personally) through wanting to keep updated with my favourite idols, as they tweet a lot and Im reading their stuff throughout the whole day.
    Other than that I try to share as much as I have time to with others, so they can experience the things that I like and maybe get interested in it too. The learning just happens along the road, although I admit, I could be more dedicated with sharing at times :^^;:

9. ossan

ossan Member

薪 is also read as "maki".
    "maki" and "takigi" are the almost same meanings.

真夜(mayo) is the words that are not used very much, but is the same meaning as 真夜中(mayonaka).

10. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    oh ok, thanks! if "maki" is a reading shouldn't it be included in the dictionaries? or is it really archaic or something?

11. ossan

ossan Member

Many kanji have the readings besides the readings included in "Joyo kanji table".
    There are the dictionaries that many readings are recorded.

12. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    i've found this guy on youtube. o/
    only watched two videos so far but he seems quite good and he did't stop after making 20 videos like others did... also, he tries to explain what kind of thinking goes behind certain language patterns which is very useful.
    anyway, it's always good to hear about a certain topic from different people, it helps to understand the concepts more deeply.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    make sure checking the descriptions out under his vids too.

learnjapanesebod
    http://learnjapanesebod.tumblr.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/learnjapanesebod/videos

13. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Do you guys actually care about your handwriting?
    Mine is bad already in my mother tongue, but i am nearly breaking my hand when writing kanji like 帰 or 時. And all my あ look like i am mentally ill.

14. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I'm trying to improve my handwriting but with less effort. My japanese teacher already said :"You don't have to write your name on the paper, I'll recognise your test." I'm not sure if it's a good sign when your teacher says this :D

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Best thing to do is make sure you're writing as per the official stroke order. Because it's more or less standardized, it makes writing much faster once you get used to it. As for hiragana screw ups, well, as long as the character is recognizable and not able to be mistaken for another character, it's fine - but you might want to try practicing to reform your a by tracing over someone else's handwriting of it if you're in doubt.

16. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Are you studying by the book only? You need to find stuff you enjoy doing, and use it to learn a language more. For me, I do stuff like occasionally translate posts, watch MVs and sing along, etc. If you just study, it will become boring. Studying is essential, but it's only a small fraction.

No way. A lot of my friends have worse handwriting than I, and they are native speakers. It makes me feel better. haha:approve:

17. Shinoda Mei

Shinoda Mei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I always do this too, but I always train my handwriting, lol, my friends really don't care about handwriting too :^^;: , but I like to improve it more and more.<3

18. Anchan

Anchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    Hey guys (ง ˙ω˙)ว

I'm learning Japanese as well and was wondering if we should a line group for learning or chatting bits of japanese? I'm sure it'll be fun

Gesendet von meinem LG-D331 mit Tapatalk

19. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I think this is a great idea, let's do this! I stoped learning last year (my level is between N3-N2) and I found out, that recently I forget more and more; it would be awesome to have a place to practice language:)

are you guys in?

20. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Not a bad idea, but it may depend on whether one actually has conversation level or just wants to learn some bits. Maybe we can find a few more people here?

By the way, I'm from Germany as well, so if you're interested feel free to PM me. I guess I have at least a certain understanding of Japanese language.