1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Lesbians in the 48 groups?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kawamoto Chiyo, Dec 9, 2015.

1. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Everything you say seems to ring true. The real problem is we are all just guessing about almost every aspect of their lives. Until one or more of them write a book and ''tell all'',( and that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon) it's all 100% guesswork on our part. Do you think the girls sign some sort of waver or disclaimer as part of their contracts to never write such a book? A really good one would be a monstrous best-seller and we all know certain girls did not leave the group with a lot of good-feeling concerning how they were treated.

2. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

There is a clause in the contract that members "must not become involved in activities that could harm the group's image and reputation." I'd also imagine their contracts include various non-disclosure agreements and limitations as to what content you can make. My guess is that the contract probably says that AKS owns exclusive rights to any media regarding AKB. Period. So there are probably things that would make writing such a book difficult (but not impossible).

But yes, you're definitely right, this is all a big guessing game. How much of what the girls do is an act, and how much of it is genuine? Also, what do any "genuine" actions really mean? It's really all up to personal interpretation. So a girl seems to not mind kissing other girls. Is it because she's gay? Or is it that the reason she's so comfortable kissing girls is that she sees at completely non-sexual and innocent, and thus it's not a big deal? (whereas kissing a boy would be romantic/sexual, and serious.)

I think the remarkable thing about AKB is that you can kind of look at them and see whatever you want. If you want to see them as sweet and innocent, you can. If you want to see them as naughty and sexy, you can. If you want to see many of them as bisexual or lesbian, that's an option. If you want to see all of them as straight and attracted to men who happen to look just like you, that's also a possibility.

I think most of the analyses in this thread tell us more about the posters themselves than anything real about the idols.

3. richard durbano

You're absolutely right about ''looking at them and seeing whatever you want''. That is sooo true and is sooo much a part of their allure. They can simply be all things to all people and since there are so many girls, the permutations are truly staggering. If you tire of certain members and any particular team, there are scores of other girls and scads of other teams to peak your interest. It's quite a racket, isn't it?

4. allihx

allihx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I used to think Jurina was gay, tbh. But ever since I knew about her scandal with Takeru from SuG, well, I think she's at least Bi ... or really good at making girls' hearts go all crazy.

Most if not all her female fans in Japan are in love with her. (I'd be too if I ever happened to meet Jurina in her ikemen character, hahaha)

5. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

New lesbian in 48G:awesome:
    SNH48 member Jiang Shan was caught dating with a wota-girl (and got punished)
    zp_10119.jpg

6. richard durbano

I'm amazed this thread gets such little response from everyone. It's been up for a year and a half and we're only on page 6. First time I saw this topic I thought everyone and his uncle would want to weigh in and give their opinions, especially with all the ''AKB kissing videos'' on Youtube. As I mentioned here earlier, this thread is, of course, all guesswork and speculation, which is pretty much pointless. But I thought it would prove a very popular subject. I guess not.

7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    What's your source for this? I haven't heard about it anywhere else...

8. richard durbano

google this girl. you'll see it on her page.

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Cool, and she is married to tennis star Li Na! (You know about these women tennis players.) That's what I found on google. :)

"Li Na, husband Jiang Shan welcome baby girl"

And she is also a 38 year-old actress, whom I have seen in Little Daddy and 大丈夫 (I don't know the English title).

So much for google, much as I like it and use it all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    You need to google 'Jiang Shan SNH48', because there's too many Chinese people with the same name [hehe] I think this is the page richard durbano was referring to: http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Jiang_Shan

11. Hedoko Akina

Hedoko Akina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    No, it doesn't matter. The thread isn't about it being bad or good though. It's about fun speculation. :awesome:
    As for me. I was pretty sure that the statistics were 10% of people were gay. That would mean one in every ten people were likely to be homosexual. This being said, in a group of 48 girls I'd say there could be at least three or maybe four. But who knows. :confused:

I'd want to say that Takamina was. But that might just because of the drama Mendol. She started that series looking so homophobic. Then that girl started having the hots for her while she was dressed for a guy.

And when her cover was finally blown and she saw that Takamina's character was really a girl and she still wanted to be with her.

I really liked that they got together. that seen where they were eating together in the park and those people gave them a funny look and Takamina got up and was like, "Do I gotta kick your butt?" :^^;:

I think I'd be happy to hear she really was a lesbian.
    I wouldn't be all that surprised.

But aside from that. AKB does seem to have a pretty LGBT friendly theme. I mean, there was the lesbian and trans character in Mendol. Then there was the trans character in Majisuka gakuen. (I'm actually really behind on that! Woops!) [hehe]

12. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I hate to disappoint you, but Takamina has dated/is dating (not sure if it's still going on or not) a guy after she graduated. So definitely not a lesbian. She could be bisexual at most.

But yeah, I agree with the statistics (though I think the 10% is referring to any non-heterosexual orientation, so homosexuals, bisexuals, pansexuals, etc. included). And also don't forget idols aren't supposed to date guys - something that's a major downside to becoming an idol for a straight girl, but a lesbian wouldn't have a problem with it, plus she would be constantly surrounded by other beautiful/cute girls [hehe] So as long as they're not too creeped out about having male fans and doing gravure shoots and stuff, it's not a bad deal for a lesbian :^O^: So I wouldn't be surprised if there were quite many lesbians/bisexuals in the 48 group.

Also, I was remember watching some Japanese variety show a while ago. It wasn't idol-related, but it contained some lesbian couple competing in the show... One of the girls in the couple said she used to be an idol (not 48 group, and I've never heard of her before, so probably she was in some less known, more underground idol group but anyways) and when they asked her about being an idol and a lesbian, she said there's actually quite many lesbians among idols, they're just not open about it so they don't ruin their fans' fantasy... So yeah, there are definitely lesbian idols out there, and I'm 99% sure there should be at least some in 48 group as well, considering the number of members :^O^: But we're likely to never find out about it, since they have to keep up with the innocent-yet-available image for the fans.

13. Hedoko Akina

Hedoko Akina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    In any case I guess I can just be happy she was open minded enough to play a character like that. Unless she is bisexual which is of course still possible.

You're right about that! I doubt a lesbian idol would last lonf if male fans creeped them out. But they could just hide their displeasure. Use it to sharpen their acting skills. lol

14. Macron48

Macron48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    haradaaoi
    You would think being an idol would be the perfect job for a young closet lesbian. Get to hang out with cute girls all day, not only would never be expected to date a boy but you aren't even allowed to date a boy.

Sakurai Reika gives off big lesbian vibes to me. I don't think her crush, Wakatsuki, is though.

15. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    But wouldn't it be hard (literally) for the girls?? Like they're surrounded by cute girls everyday but she gotta hold her sexual drive like there's no way that girl could stand a day without getting extremely horny

16. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I'm sorry, but what? I was around girls my entire school life, and even now and my sex drive doesn't act up like that? I mean, I have no idea how guys sex drives work but I'm pretty damn certain that it isn't like that. People usually know how to control their urges.

17. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Also,if I may allowed that otherwise delete my post,they could always masturbate the edges off!Like I know women sexuality is not often talked about so the girls might not explore it but still!I had many crushes and never really had problem neither!

18. PassingByHere

PassingByHere Kenkyuusei

Hasn't Okada Nana confirmed that she's a bisexual?
    Also, I don't think it would make them horny all the time, but I'm pretty sure it could be anxiety inducing for fear of being found out or for being too close.

19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Where can I watch/read this?

20. PassingByHere

PassingByHere Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016