Love ~ I am in, or when was the last time I've been in ...

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by qilver, Aug 6, 2007.

1. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

some excellent advice! Love and Patience, oh so true...

thanks for providing some of your experiences on this thread, please to share more. :)

2. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

I think I'm in love with a girl in my Programming class, she is so pretty, we're great friends now.

3. devnyx

devnyx Kenkyuusei

Any picture of her?? Just curious bro... ^^

4. Namitamakifan

Namitamakifan Kenkyuusei

I think i have been in love before. I had a boyfriend for 1 and half years. and I thought i was in love but it was puppy love.........oh how sad~

5. devnyx

devnyx Kenkyuusei

^ puppy love?? what that's meant???

6. Namitamakifan

Namitamakifan Kenkyuusei

Teenage love i believe. it really means (not real love)

7. devnyx

devnyx Kenkyuusei

Oh... I see.... In my place we call it "monkey love" Hahaha

8. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

I think I'll add my story here. I was in love for a brief while (well I started to fall in love).

Basically I had dated the same guy twice. The first time we started hanging out a lot and people at work used to ask us if we were together so in the end he asked me out. We were pretty much together in anycase apart from the kissing and such. I liked him because he was a bit of a bad boy but at the same time could also be a real gentleman and we used to be inseperable at work. Then I kinda got a bit um...trapped I suppose. I had never been in a relationship before and I started to prefer being single as he wouldn't leave me alone if we were out clubbing or at work and he wanted to see me all the time. Was strangulating as I really like my own space sometimes so we split up - amicably.

Then a few years later we started to get close again and this time we had a very long courting process (very old word but my uncle always used to ask if I was courting anyone). We used to always flirt with each other in work with lots of double entendre's and such. Used to go to the beach together snorkeling, fishing and camping. Then on my 21st birtday we 'finally' got back together and I was really happy. Then later we went on holiday together. Only to a campsite on the coast but I drove us there as he had no driving licence, I paid for the holiday and I bought all the food and such. The first day we were there everything was great then the second day he didn't speak to me at all. I slept really badly that night as I was trying to figure out what the hell I had done, and I had to drive us home the next day. Then when I dropped him home he broke up with me. I was so pissed off by now with the silent treatment that I just said 'whatever' to him and went home. When I got home though I balled my eyes out which was frustrating for me as I always told myself I'd never cry over a guy as I thought my friends were lame for doing it. It was only afterwards that I realised I really, really like him and had started to fall in love with him (or was in love with him).

Anyway I had to work with him 12 hours a night 4 nights a week and it was straining. We didn't talk for 6 months and them we finally decided to change shifts at the same time. He was part of the reason I decided to change and I think I was part of the reason he decided to change. So in the end we only saw each other for about 5 mins for 2 days a week but it was still strained.

Now I'm not interested in having a boyfriend (partly because I want a girlfriend LOL). I just like my own space and not having to tell people what I'm doing and explain to them why I don't want to go out etc. I've had a few people interested in me (guys). One of them is my good friend but I'm not even going there because he's twice my age and has three kids. The other guy that likes me is really sweet but obviously I'm not interested. He knows this but he still does eveything he can for me and tells me that he's only doing it because it's me and he wouldn't do it for anyone else (such a sap).

I do have a hug buddy though who I see if I go in and work extra hours. Having a good hug is always nice.

Sorry for the long post. I could've probably wrote it in a lot less words but I don't like writing much so I'm not gonna even try to reduce it.

9. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

@chibilolli,

thanks for sharing your personal story..it sounds like you went through a lot and learned a lot from those personal experiiences you endured and cherished, or want to forget.

I think being single has it's pros, and cons. Obviously, you have heard that saying before, the grass is always greener on the otherside. People that are single, in someways want and crave that special somone, and attention. Other people that are in relationships sometimes want out, and their freedom...it can go both ways, but i have been in both situations, in a relationship and now being single. After being single for so long, of course i do miss the "being with someone" relationship mode. All the good things in a relationship minus all the negativeness about being with someone, sharing with someone, and gettng annoyed by someone, and all the complications of being with somone besides dealing with yourself. It's hard either way, but all in all, we want Happiness, whether we can achieve that while being single or in a relationship.

10. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

If I may interject on behalf of the, uh, saps.. :x I hope that you've made it clear and he knows it won't go any further. I've been on his side of the spectrum, and it's not always as clear cut as it is on the girl's perspective. Suffice to say, whenever that reality does come, it's pretty damaging, to say the very least.

11. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

at my place, in malay it is cinta monyet which means monkey love.
    but in english we use the term puppy love.

12. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

Ah, I've totally told him. On more than one occasion and I did it in the nicest possible way. Its just where he comes from, if a guy likes someone and they've told the person they pretty much get together. Obviously that doesn't work in the UK. It's getting a bit embarassing now as he's always hanging around me if we're working at the same time and everyone always takes the piss out of me about it. Maybe I'll speak to him - again.

13. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

does that mean you two are on better terms now? your work schedules changed, so do you think you two might adjust it back? He's not from the UK?
    i think he still likes you a lot, and perhaps you two should have a deep long conversation about it all, good luck. let us know what happens if you want to share. :)

14. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
  15. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

^ Now that is win <3

16. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

Hmm...we've always been friends. He works tues - fri and I work sat - mon so unless either of us do extra hours we don't see each other. Which is good as I couldn't put up with his semi declarations of love all the time!!! He's not English he's Curdish.

17. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

a free service :lol:

18. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

perhaps for the better now you two have different schedules..

and he's a different race? was that an issue in your relationship? with your parents, family? or his?

19. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

Qilver - I think you're mixing it up. The guy I had a relationship with was very much white English. The guy who's majorly crushing on me to the point where it's embarrasing is Arabic.

20. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

oops, i got it mixed up...sumimasen.

i'm on japancupid.com, to see if i can meet any japanese pen pals, and make any j-girlfriends. online dating, i am not sure what to think of it really....i tried eharmony, match.com, without much sucess..

anyone else tried any online dating sites, or have any comments, stories to tell..? maybe i am just too hopeful, or just hopeless....hahahaha :x