1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Majimuri Gakuen (2018/07/26 - 2018/09/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 1, 2018.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Well of course, she's immune now.

For others' reference, description of her symptoms and remaining afflictions after 30:42

She was already doing the opening day guest role so I'm not sure adding one more day (with a break between) is going to be that much of a burden on her. She shouldn't participate in the live performance section though, for sure.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  3. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    Dh is worse than Niantic. they should postpone the whole shows

4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    They won't as long as they have idols available. We'll see the consequences of that. The AKB48 WORLD thing was postponed.

5. nigamushiotoko

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    there are more thann 5k new cases inn Tokyo today. I will be very surprised if there are visitors who still come to the event tomorrow.

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Two days ago isn't today. Guess they thought she'd get better sooner.

I don't think that's up to them.

DH is incompetent in a lot of ways, but as far as their handling of the pandemic goes, isn't this is the first internal cluster they've had since it started 1.5 years ago? (Arguably it's two clusters at once, but they were probably connected somehow.)

7. nigamushiotoko

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    I'm talking about the visitors safety. it's too risky doing an event at this time

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    ... And likewise I don't recall news of any audience clusters to date (from their own events, there've been some from idol events that AKB48 participated in).

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Finally I watched this drama! This is the last drama that I had to see from AKB. I actually thought before starting it that this drama was only with Team 8 but I was wrong LOL it has 48G members especially NGT. Overall the drama was easy to watch, it's not my favorite among AKB dramas but it's always nice to see the girls acting! More opinions under spoiler.

About the story; I think the initial idea wasn't bad but it could have been done better, the whole thing about lower class students having to look down and never looking up was too much, and I couldn't get interested in the revolution against the student council... with dramas like Cabasuka Gakuen or Tofu Pro Wrestling, I could relate the storylines with AKB (doing fanservice, trying to be #1, teamwork, fighting for the top etc.) but not in this drama so it made it less meaningful.

I thought it was quite funny how Lily had fights with all these big men (yankee, kickboxer and even a sumo wrestler) and she always won XD it was cute how she fell asleep after one of the fights in the early episodes, I think they should have used this more but maybe the story became too serious for cute/comedy moments like this. Yuiyui did pretty good in this role, she's a bit awkward sometimes but it's something normal for Maji's lead roles, it kinda goes with their personalities (isolated, no friends etc.). The girls of Hanagumi were nice, Naru looks so cute with her chubby cheeks >.< Miion did well. Hina (Rinrin) was good too, however...

At the beginning, we know that Hina is going to do something against Lily eventually, but I thought there would be a good reason for it? it turns out that there isn't a good reason, she accepted to be on Kaiser's side to have a better future (ok?), but she was like the most passionate about doing the revolution, close friends with other girls etc. then in just 1 minute, and right after they had all the votes that they needed from students, suddenly Hina is attacked at night and then she decides to switch sides? Ok. it's random and not logical... even when Eins (Katomina) and Zwei (Megu) decided to switch from the bad side to the good side, they had a reason (also both of them were not so convincing as evil characters so it was good that they switch sides). But Hina didn't have a reason... she looks cool as Null though LOL. I keep thinking that maybe they'll show an explanation, or maybe she went there as a spy, but no. and it makes no sense that Hina is ok to be with Kaiser and bully/attack her ex-friends but then when Miion leaves the city, she secretly went to see her a last time. LOL

My favorite part of the drama is actually the beginning of episode 8 after Hina's betrayal, when Lily goes back to Tokyo, even if it was short. I liked the moments with her friends Hana, Yunana and Aayan. it was like a normal drama with high school girls. Maybe I just want them to do a drama like this, in Tofu Pro Wrestling too, I really liked the parts that were about the normal life of the girls... I really like Lily's clothes and hair here, and the scene when she kicked those boys who tried to flirt with them was cool, and how she lives in a pc room. I think this role of a "happy high school girl" who needs money and who's good at fighting is more suitable for Yuiyui. I wish they did a drama like this instead, they could have more options for the storyline... (maybe they could still do it now even though Yunana and Aayan are gone ._.).

About the story of Lily's mother being murdered, I was kinda dissapointed too. in the end, we don't even know who killed the mom, just a random "delivery man". We only know that it's because the brother took a bad job then quit and those people wanted to take revenge (what were they going to do in the house anyway?), the fact that they didn't have a knife (so they didn't have a plan to kill anyone) but decided to use a knife from the house, when they're 3 young men against one older woman, ok? o_o and they stabbed her more than once. it didn't really make sense and the conclusion wasn't satisfying, it could have been done better :/

For the ending, uhm... so I guess everyone died in the explosion? The writers really didn't try LOL I also think it's a waste that we saw Manji (Yumirin) getting ready to fight since the start but then she just did a little fight with Lily outside (not a real fight since Lily didn't even defend herself) and that was it. Yumirin looked really cool with her hair and clothes (even if sometimes her voice was too low and not angry enough), I also think Jo Eriko did well in her role.

That's it for my review! Even if some things were dissapointing but I still enjoyed this because it's a drama with 48G, the episodes are short, it's easy to watch etc.

and let's not forget...

Watashi ga Lily!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Gonna reply spoiler with spoiler here.

I watched it quite a long time already, but how I remember the final scene, is something that looks like Lily sacrificed herself and save others in the process?

15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    If only...

[​IMG]

No one died.

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Actually at the end, Lily makes a long speech to everyone and tells them to stop fighting and to be united, they all seem convinced except Manji (Yumirin) who wants to keep fighting, but no one listens to her so she takes the bag from the boy who's with her and Eriko, and throws the bag to the ground and then there's a big explosion. After that they show some cuts of old scenes and a bit of narration. End o_o

No one ever really dies in Gakuen series LOL except Takamina? :fear:

I just thought about it but Hina betrayed her friends to join Kaiser while Naru was still in the hospital because she was stabbed by that crazy guy who was hired by Kaiser. That makes the whole betrayal even worse, if that's even possible D:

17. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    What are you talking about? Basically everyone in Majisuka Gakuen 5 died LOL.

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes but then they returned in Cabasuka Gakuen LOL I mean that even if they "die" in the drama, they take those roles again in future dramas, musicals and stage plays which is also the case of Majimuri Gakuen. So the characters aren't really dead/gone, or they're alive again in alternative worlds.

19. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Well, Cabasuka is an alternate scenario assuming Majisuka 5 didn't happen. But if you're talking about revival, then Takamina is the go-to. She was Maeda's best friend (and died), then she was a detective (definitely not Maeda's friend), then she became a restaurant owner (and wielded a weapon, did she die again? I can't remember.

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Oh I totally forgot these LOL I watched MG1-MG5 years ago :^^;: Although for Takamina she played different characters and not the same (dead) character again. But yes it pretty much means that nothing is definitive in Gakuen series, they just do whatever they want :^^;: