1. Because I will be attending the actual sousenkyo in Okinawa, rka is conducting our exit poll in my place as he did two years ago. Click here to let us know how you're voting in this year's sousenkyo and why!
  2. Results for our 10th annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

Maria Genoveva Natalia Desy (Desy)

Discussion in 'Team KIII' started by CherryBlossom48, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hendry

Hendry Kenkyuusei

Desi on Ny. Nunung. She appears starting 2:45.

2. Veraunophile

Veraunophile Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Jessica Veranda
    JKT48 ofc mag
    that caption tho :^^;:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
  3. Hendry

Hendry Kenkyuusei

This is her interview from the OFC Magazine:

As the tallest JKT48's member (172 cm), have you ever felt insecure with your height?
    I did. Whenever I wore high heels. I felt confident at first, but people often commented, "Why do you wear heels? You're tall already.". It kinda got into my heart.

So you rarely wear heels anymore?
    Yes. Eventhough I have some pairs of heels and wedges. I rarely wear them. Especially if Kak Melody is around. She'll jokingly say, "Desy, you're so impolite." (laugh)

What surprised you the most about JKT48? You were not really familiar about it...
    I already knew about it. I was already a pro even before I became a member (laugh).

Do you see any difference about JKT48 as a fans and now as a member?
    I used to see Wawa (Desy's oshimen) from far away. Now, I can stand on the same stage. Eventhough we have never been on the same unit (laugh).

You were originally from Cilacap. How did you convince your parents that you wanted to be an idol in Jakarta?
    Well, they didn't know about idol, they only knew celebrities (laugh). Mom already knew that I love JKT48. I put Wawa and JKT48's posters on the wall. I tried out for the audition, but I didn't tell them. I told them when I was accepted, "Ma, I was phoned by JKT. They are the group that often perform with a lot of members on TV."

A lot of member?
    (laugh). Yes, that's what JKT is identical for. My parents supported me. I went back and forth between Jakarta-Cilacap when I was a finalist.

What did your parents say about your career on JKT48?
    They were pesimistic at first. Only the senbatsu team that frequently appeared on the television, right? My parents even said, "Do you make no progress?". I was often asked about this on Cilacap as well. For example, when I went home for the three fingers stamp (note: probably for school graduation), I visited the school and was asked, "When will you appear on TV again?", "I watched you on TV. The one on ANTV when you went to Japan. Do you often go to Japan?", eventhough that was my one and only time there (laugh). They put a big hope on me.

Now you are on the variety show, Nyonya Nunung.
    I'm not the type of person who will tell if it's still uncertain. I didn't tell my parents when I taped for the show. I just told them, "Just be patience. I'll make progress here. But you have to wait."

What was your parents' reaction when they saw you on Nyonya Nunug?
    That is on Net TV. We don;t have that channel on Cilacap (laugh). They have to go to another family's house with parabole. So a lot of people watched it. It was like watching a cinema (laugh).

What about Super Family 100?
    I actually felt inferior compared to Kak Melody, Kak Veranda, Kak Nabilah, and Kak Haruka. Even on Twitter some people said, "Did they send the wrong person? They actually must wanted to send Shania." (laugh). Our manager already told my parents about the taping. My Dad asked, "Lie, I'm already waiting since 6 pm.". I told him, "Not today. Today was only the taping." (laugh). That's why I rarely told them about my taping schedule. I told them when it's ready to air.

Why did your father call you Lie?
    That's my Chinese name, Hong Lie.

What's your target on JKT48?
    This year... senbatsu. Amen. Now I'm also on Nyonya Nunung. I hope it will continue. Not just a one or two times appearance. I want to have more TV appearance. Because the far fans and my parents could only see me on TV. For my team, Team T, as well. Often when we performed outside, people will call, "Melody... Melody" eventhough Kak Melody didn't perform at the time. (laugh).

What do you think is the toughest thing as JKT48's member?
    When I read fans' critics. It often got into my head. Especially because peole often gave different commentaries. Some people would say that the performance was good, but some other would say otherwise. I often thought, I want to please everybody, but that is impossible.

What is Team T's biggest challenge at the moment?
    I think the current setlist, Te wo Tsunaigara (Sambil Menggandeng Erat Tanganku), are easy listening. I'm afraid that people who had come several times will be bored. It's sad if the theater is empty. The challenge is how to make the theater full of people. We make show-off or other inovations so people won't be bored. Also, Team T's members don't have their signatures yet.

Lastly, you have a very long name. What's the meaning?
    My real name was only Natalia Desy Purnamasari Gunawan.

That's still long (laugh)
    Is it? Maria Genoveva was from church. Maria is my baptist name, while Genoveva came from a sacrament. I was named Natalia because I was born on Christmas day. (note: Christmas = Natal, hence the name Natalia).

What about Purnamasari?
    Because I was born during the full moon (note: full moon = purnama, hence Purnamasari). Well, that's what they said. Of course I didn't see it. Gunawan is my dad's name. My parents said they wanted a prettier name, but they ended up adapting the situations.

So they put every situations during your birth to your name (laugh).

Attached Files:

• desy.PNG
      desy.PNG
      File size:
      309.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  4. Veraunophile

Veraunophile Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Jessica Veranda
  5. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi
    look what i found, Desy at her dark age fangirl time CLP48

6. YuiNounen

YuiNounen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (Team A)
    lol... ^
    cilacap48 xDDDD
    desy bareface is so pretty <3
    Ce3xsvYUAAExkFh.jpg

7. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shinta Naomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      83.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
  8. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shinta Naomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2
  9. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shinta Naomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2
  10. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    The Capricorn girl that will make you feel romantic
    I was disagree she cut her long hair but this just looks perfect.
    desrtv.jpg
    Seeing the pic, comes the chorus of dakisimecha ikenai song jkt version : "ku suka rambutmuu.." / I like your hair (
    Unno that long bass in F note)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  11. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia

JKT48 VERSUS - DESY VS SHANI

I separate these into Shani and Desy thread cuz making transcript like kyla-zara and melo-frieska is pretty tiring (tbh I do it like all day since my eng fluency is level C+)

This episode, Desy vs Shani was supposed to speak with their Javanese accent since both from Java. Desy is already with her north coast java accent but shani is slightly with hers (Javanese from jogja tend to be lighter sometimes). It was Andela Yuwono who has very thick accent speaking like a “wayang” character lol.

DESY’S DISGRACES FACTS RIGHT FROM SHANIS’S MOUTH:
    -Was feeling shameful her TV program stopped . The devout catholic Maria Genoveva Desy then preached the audiences that God is generous one day she will get another one (amen)
    -Worrying about her tall height might be difficult to find the right man in the future (the myth is guys get inferior with taller woman)

-Feeling forced to learn playing guitar replacing Dhike in jkt band, dislike the consequence makes her finger tips thick & hard (I suggest desy quit playing guitar, just play the bass okay? Wait!, bass is guitar too) #notfunnyhuh

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  12. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Desy said her parents own a small shop in cilacap (central java), her hometown that sell anything including paper as material to make kites. I think this is the shop she’s talkin about behind her (in the below's pic). She took the photo while still in holiday weeks ago at home. There are woman dresses over there that might be stay in the shop room for quite many years :XD:.

desy klontong.jpg
    But I believe if Desy is the shopkeeper many more customers will visit for the dresses than to buy kite's paper.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  13. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Nobody see Desy's got potency to be a photo model? She has long leg, long arm, long backbone and ofcourse long name :D. Ideal physical also distinct look. Not strikingly pretty but it is the calming cute one.

19955632_318002628646513_5370223873360920576_n.jpg
    Better soon she takes side job as freelance model beside jkt. I can see her modeling an established Batik fashion brand.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  14. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
  15. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Her pic before K3 concert weeks ago .

desy kaos con.jpg
    Indonesian expression: ” ngga liat kamera aja manis apalagi liat kamera”
    English: Not looking at the camera Desy’s already cute, let alone have a look, would be hella cute (I hope its correct :^^;:)

I kinda wish Desy post idol life (ofc many years later) should be like Rica Leyona , marry a Japanese and live in Japan.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 1:08 AM
  16. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    One of the queer in jekety grupo.
    Lately Desy loves talking to herself in her pics

dess.JPG

des hika.JPG

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 1:37 AM
  17. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Desy yesterday greeted the the Indonesian Scout Day (Pramuka)
    des prmk.JPG
    After searching in google I only found this unconvincing photo of her wearing scout uniform.

des pram.jpg

Apparently an experienced girl-scout at school had experienced broken heart too

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM
  18. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Desy used to say her jkt48 oshi is Sonia and she looks like Sonia a bit here.
    But I see no interaction between Desy & Son in twitter. See? typical capricorn girl easily has another man.. Uhm I mean woman

desyhutri17.jpg

Red and white are seen everywhere in the whole country.
    The day Indonesians liberty from the colonialist (but now is jkt48 country oshi XD)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 at 1:31 AM