1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Marsela Mari Guia (Sela) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'MNL48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    *gonna pump some blood into this thread!

We haven't seen her intelligence and sports level if it's as high as Yuko Oshima, but true, she's the closest we can compare especially in variety (although Sela is showing more of a "valley girl" humor type and Yuko's more of wacky and ecchi.)

2. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I mean, it's not one-to-one of course, but in terms of where she fits in the group, that's pretty much where she stands.

The super funny, super popular one who's also surprisingly well spoken. We'll see if her athletics matches up as soon as they get the chance to prove it lol

3. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

If I had to pick one girl from MNL's first generation who is poised for future super stardom, I'd put my money on Sela. She certainly seems to have everything she needs. Besides seeming to be a capable singer/dancer, she's drop-dead gorgeous (in my opinion, she's the prettiest girl in the group so far) and she shows a funny personable side of herself on their TV show while not appearing to take herself too seriously. She's got it all. It will be interesting to watch her and see how her career pans out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I agree. You know a girl's on her way to stardom when you see one, and she seemed to have it all. In addition to her apparent singing and dancing talent, she is well-spoken enough (in both Filipino and English) for hosting gigs and she has shown a bit of great acting in few episodes of their online show. She is a natural, as people would say.

This is the reason why I am kinda scared since this might mean a sooner graduation for her if someone offers a better opportunity. :/ I always tell her though to be humble always since at the back of my mind, I know she'll possibly be treated a cut above most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. richard durbano

Yes, you're right. Idolhood isn't really fair because all the girls simply aren't created equal. Taking a lyric from Fortune Cookie, ''the beautiful ones have the advantage, all of the pretty girls always get ahead''. And that is even more true among idol members. If you look at the prettiest girls in AKB history, they tend to be the most successful in their post-idol endeavors in Japanese show business with Sashihara Rino being the exception to the rule. If a Filipino filmmaker sees Sela as a can't-miss movie and/or TV star, her idol career may be a brief one. I certainly wish her well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
  7. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

*In Deep Voice*

Mwahahahaha!!!! You stupid mortal humans! You think you are Angels?!?!? Yet Sela serves a Good of Evil, Hatred, Murder and Pizza. Lord Raindriar mwhahahaha! You are all my minions now in my Innumerable Legion of Evil!
    Lol'kek!
    ------

I love the design? Did you design. It yourself? Used one of them easy made Web Designers? That's what I call passion. This site and all who made this has my Thumbs up!

:)

Edit: sent my answer, part joke part honest to the heart... Have fun!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  9. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
  10. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Chokinah saga continues.. [hehe]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  12. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

14. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

15. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    Sela just started her own web show, Sela's Sosyal Show on her official Facebook page. As to how it started, it was an accident. The cameras and lights were already setup, so she, along with Dana and Jem decided to mess around with it. Sela later got a call from MNL48's creative head, Sir Zeph who saw the file and revealed that they edited it and have Sela upload it on her page and was even told to make it a regular thing with more guests. Guess we might see more of Sela's hosting skills in the future.
    https://www.facebook.com/MNL48SelaOfficial/videos/1465036860338346/

• Like Like x 1
  16. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Good. It's been clear she's had a TV personality for a while now. This is good practice for her lol

17. richard durbano

I'm confused here. When MNL came on the scene I thought all the girls were terrific. Cute. Talented. Great in front of the camera. But I believed beyond a shadow of a doubt, as beautiful as she was, that Sela would be the break-out star and be named center as long as she wanted to stay in MNL. None of that seemed to have happened. She's as gorgeous and funny and personable as ever. Did I simply mis-read her talent and potential?

18. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

nobody also expected a pandemic that affected all.. could be the last straw or was one deciding factor for some members who recently called it quits.

• Like Like x 1
  19. richard durbano

Yes, you're right, of course. The pandemic must have changed a lot career paths in the entertainment industry all over the world. In Sela's case, it's particularly painful. She struck me, from what little I know about her, as the perfect long-time center: big personality, funny and affable, and heartbreakingly beautiful. Bummer.

• Agree Agree x 1