1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Masumoto Kira (Masumo) / 2nd generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by Atsu-nee, Feb 17, 2020.

1. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Kira-chan in B.L.T. (Vol. 57)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    creds

---

Kira's blog post after the online Live / name-change announcement (ty @toomuchidea)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I wonder if she's self-conscious about her braces and that's the reason she doesn't smile a lot?

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Thread starter @Atsu-nee can you please switch around the names on the thread title? It's in first-last name form, which is somewhat discouraged. The correct form is: Masumoto Kira

4. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Wow, these killer eyes are just something else!

5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    It's quite hard for me to understand what goes on in Kira mind... and I think in five years starting today it will be the same lol. Which makes her truly interesting and I wonder what kind of member she'll ever be.
    She's surprisingly photogetic and there're many pictures in which she's very pretty; yet I think one of the her best qualities is the way she is naturally funny and how that reflects on her expression. So I chose this pic to make my tribute portrait.
    Perhaps the most difficult one so far

Kira 1.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Ladies and gents, the camel Oda Nana may have been taken from us but fear not...

Here is Masumoto Kira to take her place as variety queen [hehe]:p:banana:

7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I don't care if her face would look better after removing her braces, which will surely more or less be the case. i just wish this take some more time as these braces give her a UNIQUE look. This look will be irrevocably lost after the braces are gone.

Also I am looking forward for a smart/baka test among the new 2nd. I am expecting Kira to be the brightest kid. Even if this is not the case, her ways of thinking are surely original and ... exotic!

8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I think @turbogig will like this:

[​IMG]
    I knew the instant Kira brought out her homemade shirt that someone is bound to sell it LOL

9. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Teaser for Kira’s Nobafa PV

• Like Like x 1
  10. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

I was totally caught off guard by Kira opening the meguri call by saying “Merry Christmas” while wearing a Santa hat. What followed was a whirlwind 30 seconds that at one point involved Kira pointing at herself and saying “Japanese people.” Definitely didn’t get a chance to say what I had prepared. That was probably the dumbest I’ve come across in one of these calls yet, but Kira was fun! I guess it should probably be expected that things won’t go according to plan when you’re talking to Kira. Sadly don’t have any tickets for her in any of the remaining sessions.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I was making some sketch of the PVs and watching Kira's was like being it by an ephiphany

When I was a kid I had this toy not that different from Kira's superballs. We called it Magic ball; it was bigger then the ones in Kira's pv and when you threw it, you never knew where it would end... usually on someone'else face lol

Kira is just like that.
    Once she start you never know where she'll end to... but you know it will be fun for sure [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    :ome:
    Gonna drop a Happy Birthday to Kira because she appeared in a couple of Nogi members' blogs (Sato Rika and Hayashi Runa). Runa's was fortuitous and hilarious as it was Kira's picture instead of Runa in the twitter timeline.

BTW, did any former sakamichi kenshusei post any reunion pics of them from their meetup at kouhaku?

13. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    Happy Birthday, Masumoto!!! :ome::ome::ome::ome:

May you continue to spread genuine laughter and fun with your unique, quirky self.

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She's irresistible. Out-of-it but imperturbable. She creates her own category: "stunned moe." The fact is she's beautiful, but her entrancing weirdness but may mask the fact. Of course she must be self-conscious about the braces, but I can't help liking them, maybe as bringing her quirkiness and beauty back into the normal world, as a normal girl-next-door. It's hard to know if what's going on in her head is un-guessable, or so open and straight that it's invisible, like air.

Her intelligence is a bit hidden, but I was shocked when Karin called her "Total Weirdo Number 2" (after Onuma-san) at how quickly she came back with: "Number one would be better." A real mind going on in there.

After a year and a half of mourning, perhaps these funny and talented Sakura-chans are bringing me back to the idol world.

EDIT: The bilibili compilation from the auditions is beyond weird and above wonderful. Thanks, @risanen.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  15. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I said it before and I will said that again, Kira must have a very high IQ (despite the goofiness she exerts in front of the cameras - to the borders of being ponkotsu). Her mind seems to run too fast! From all 2gen I dare say she is the most intriguing and enigmatic and the one I would be more curious to know more about her everyday life activities. Her stance towards everything, nature and wildlife (e.g. insects or cats), her new stoic chara (so different from Naako's), oblique opinions and a unique point-of-view make her not only unpredictable but so multidimensional...
    Ah... and those braces are nothing less than one of her waepons, her tools. I think that without them she would be another Kira for which I have the impression tat I would prefer less.

P.S. Welcome back @ukifune and so nice you kept Memi-chan as your Avatar-pic / trademark. Hinatas have blossomed and now it's their senpai-that-became-kouhai turn.

16. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The Kira legend just grew Sunday night on SokoSaku with her story about getting her head stuck in the opening in the back of a plastic chair.

[​IMG]

Her ears wouldn't let her back out, and she eventually had to go straight through. One commenter said: "It's a good thing she had slimmed down." Here's a page with comments and a full strip of screencaps. She ended up saying that next time she'll put her body in first.

As one comment said: "Kira-chan sasuga w" (i.e., "That's Kira for you, lol").

This didn't happen when she was a little girl, but just last month, as a 20-year-old. In telling the story and reacting to the reactions, she never seemed upset or excited, just her straight-faced weird self. Gotta love her.

18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    The one-million-dollar question (and the one we won't ever get an answer) is what the hell she wanted to do putting her head like that in the first place...

Ladies and gentlemen, we trully have a TRIO of "death" there: Akiho, Kira, Marino... The AKM trio of brains that operate in a parallel universe, see life differently and bless us with amazing imagery. Although we won't be able to comprehend fully, whatever is in their head is definitely much more interesting and certainly less boring. They should keep on revealing it bit by bit in the most indulging way (indeed this pic of Kira made my day yesterday... and today... and tomorrow, bless you girl).

Let's hope that management will continue focusing on these 3 and give them even more opportunities to amaze us.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I like the fact that the first thing to be done is to take a picture before helping her get out of her predicament.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @JoltFiend wow I LOLed so much at your comment... So true, seen from this perspective: When around Kira, just make sure to capture those moments that only her can create. Capture first, anything else comes second!