1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Matsui Jurina (Jurina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by ithebigc, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Won't it be beneficial for Jurina fans to tweet campaign with #Produce48 and promote her sousenkyo goal in the tweet? I assume she's gaining new fans considering she's one of the more talked about contestant from Japan.

2. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    Maybe, don't know if the new Korean fans are even interested in the SSK, especially with having to pay to vote.
    They might be more interested on how she does on PD48 instead.
    Although im pretty sure that Jurina's Korean fansites are already spreading the news to the new fans about the SSK anyways.

3. Chiarara

Chiarara Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know what the name of the korean girl Jurina was interacting and being cute with is?

One thing I loved seeing the videos of Jurina arriving to the P48 event was the sheer amout of korean fangirls screaming her name like no tomorrow (honestly I would too) As someone who follows kpop a bit, it seems shes becoming very popular with female fans. Her interactions with her “korean gf” also got her a lot of cute comments.

Ill be supporting Jurina all the way in P48, and Im really excited about her participation. Im actually kind of happy thats shes not immediately on top, because I think she can have a story kind of like Somi, where everyone was sure she was gonna be on top but she wasnt, but this made her seem more “human” and less perfect, and seeing her work hard and climb her way to the top made her super popular. I think Jurina might go through something similar. And making her not the top from the get go also makes it so no one can say shes getting some special treatment for being a veteran 48 girl, and instead is being judged based on her skills. And that way Jurina has room to grow and fight her way to the top (hopefully with her new korean friend by her side).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    Not sure who her new girlfriend is, but they should be releasing the profiles today, so keep a lookout for that. :^^;:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    She was really on point with the fishing on-camera... that last one at the end of the performance was great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I'm not a big fan of 'pouting Jurina' but kudos to her for doing it. She probably figured that most girls will do a wink and a cute smile. For sure she got noticed more. Very pro!

I'm still hoping she ends up on top, or at least, the highest ranking 48G girl. Winning SSK and Prod48 would definitely make this a great year if ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I am thinking of this storyline when she starts out with a cute and childish personality and slowly shows them her ability as a performer. It will be a great story to explore.

And the Twitter tag is so full of negativity I must say please don’t go there. There are a lot of antis and while I dont really care if this will bring her more antis it is just sad to see people beating over the dead horse again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    its true that many didn't like her "pouting" pose at the end,
    they say that it was a try hard move and an early gen idol pose.
    although i myself prefer a more subtle pose like the korean heart,
    i too gotta give her props for being confident enough to do it and try to stand out.
    well thats why she's named as one of the best fishers. :lol:

i think she will be well established in pd48 initially because of her current status as a top tier member,
    hopefully she'll meet the korean public's expectation, she tried really hard too for this!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Fangirl support is good given they should be the majority of more hardcore voters (as we’ve seen S2 votes dwarfed S1)

10. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I kinda hope Jurina goes for a more cool character rather than cute. There's a lot of cute characters in the 48 side (Sakura, a bunch of young gens, etc.), not sure about the Korean side but probably as well. Cool character would make her stand out better and also make her popular with many female fans. I didn't follow the Korean Produce 101, but I'm watching the Chinese one now and the cool characters seem to be doing pretty well there too :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    not very familiar with the 48g korean fanbase,
    but from what it looks like theres more fangirls?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Chiarara

Chiarara Kenkyuusei

I actually found her pouting super funny as opposed to cringy. Everyone was trying to wink and look cute, and suddenly Jurina appears with this exagerated aegyo and pout it made me laugh so much. It was so out of place it made her stand out. [hehe]

Cant wait for her to casually mention she loves wrestling and can wrestle and basically supplexs one of these girls off stage.
    Id would be amazing though, shes acts all comical and cute and the moment she gets on stage its like “Btw, theres a reason why im known as the SKE ace”

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Jurina’s Korean Fansite List: (c) Fatalite @ OH

Jyu t'aime
    https://twitter.com/mj970308net// http://970308.net
    Komorebi https://twitter.com/jurina_gif// http://komorebi0617.tistory.com
    Deep Affectionhttps://twitter.com/deepaffection38
    StarrySky https://twitter.com/starryJurina
    Spring Jewelry https://twitter.com/spring_jewelry
    LoveyDovey https://twitter.com/loveydovey_JRN
    Junolist https://twitter.com/junolist970308
    Glory Day https://twitter.com/glory_jurina
    Tsuyoki Diamond https://twitter.com/Tsuyoki_Diamond

Bless your eyes with HD candid pictures of J, bless Kpop and their fansites :worthy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Ok - I've read like the last 2 pages and will say most of you are 'over the target'.

I'm glad some of you noticed the "pout face"- on the surface it's a "zero" (neither PRO or Con)- But now you see what you're up against. Kpop fans will seize the slightest thing & make it viral or a pitch-fork. I, myself thought it seemed a tad try-hard because Jurina is classier than that (LOOKS classier than that) and we all know she leads by strength & performance- NO AEGYO!! don't try. Channel Momo or Mina- NOT Sana!!!. It basically looks like a Japanese Idol did a pout face - DON'T Worry. I haven't seen much (if any) hate on my end. But yeah, Koreans loath a Try Hard. Many thought Dahyun (Twice) was a Try-Hard...but then you realize she's just Hyper & Weird & you get used to it...it's more Cringe when you fail than outright 'Dislike'.

If Jurina can rap - she'll probably nail the 'Girl Crush' requirement. That is a rare component in Kpop. Usually the better dancers are the better rappers (like Mimi of Oh My Girl or Hanbi of Lipbubble). So relax, Jurina has arrows in her quiver.

As for Jurina's 'Girlfriend' (of course J would have one) Kim Minseo is apparently getting MARRIED in May (not to Jurina) according to Soompi So maybe Jurina picked the wrong GF - Kim SiHyun and Kim DoA are getting the biggest wave from Koreans based on what I've seen...BUT it's anyone's guess.

Just Be WARY of any comparisons to SOMI in Prod48. Why?
    She's known for being a "PUSH" that was simply that. For the record SOMI actually won #1 rank in Prod 101 (by the end) but despite an excess push when the show was over many of the other ranked girls went on to better projects & Somi just had her rank. E.I.- Chung Ha #2 VERY successful Solo artist (got signed hours after Prod101 ended), Pinky #6 exploded in Pristin & endorsements. Weki Meki (former losers from "Prod 101") became a successful group. SOMI was often overshadowed even in I.O.I (the group formed by Prod 101) after awhile. Many suspected her "push" in 2016 was because she was a picked by JYP to be on "Sixteen" (reality show that created "TWICE" & predated Prod101) and was thought to be a lock but in the end was overlooked. Some fans jokingly referred to her as the '10th Member of TWICE' (which has 9). I myself haven't heard ANYTHING about her since I.O.I broke up- I think she's in college or acting now. Somi had a polarizing effect on many Knets- Either you got her or you didn't. Jurina surpassed Somi in "Idol prowess" by the time "Uza" happened- Any other comparisons are crap in my opinion. You don't want her to become the next Somi in my opinion.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina

Is this the same Kim Minseo though? She looks a bit different from the girl in the photos/videos with Jurina, so I'm not sure if it's the same girl, or they just have the same name.

17. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    its not lmao, actress kim min seo is 34 yrs old anyways, i don't think she's in the age range for this.

18. Chiarara

Chiarara Kenkyuusei

I dont want her to become the next Somi (cause shes motherflippin Jurina) and Im honestly not very familiar with what shes (Somi) doing, or not, following the program . I was just saying I believe she might have a similar narrative throught the program in the way its edited ( Member with high expectations -> fails to meet them earning a not so good rank receiving criticism and being forced to “humble” down -> works hard and makes her way to the top proving herself a great performer and her initial hype). Of course, I could be completely wrong, but Mnet likes to stick to these little “character arcs” in their shows.
    Thinking from a purely commercial point ( I do study this stuff in university yknow), Im sure theyll make it so that Jurina thinks of herself better than everyone else because shes a veteran (she doesnt, but theyll edit the program to make it seem that way, specially if she wins the election), only to have her rank lower than younger girls and Sakura to play up a whole "your arrogance made you fail" message. Now in the dirt (were talking B rank probs) she will be left defeated and doubting herself, forced to admit that shes not that good. Bitter and crying. "She got what was coming" fans will say. This "forces" her to become more humble, showing a more human and flawed side of herself, becoming friends with other girls in the same rank as her and well as a more funny and delightful personality. Thanks to the power of friendship and humbleness, Jurina is now filled with a newfound confidence, deciding to prove herself, alongside her new friends. Now, theyll begin editing her story as redemption and in a hero kind of light. (again, sublte moral message) Shell excel in performance, climb the rank(s) and finally reach the top, having proven herself to the public and gaining everyones support along the way and allowing Mnet to subconsciouly give people a moral message while having a great narrative within the show. Its the kind of character people get involved with, for good and for bad. And as someone who watches these Mnet shows just to see how they edit peoples story, its definetly plausible theyll edit Jurina this way ( its how reality television almost always edits contestants who are already very popular and talented from the get go, either giving them a villain edit if they dont think the persons characters is "sellable", or making them go through a humbling redemption arc. Youve got all the elements anyway: Hero whose "arrogance" blind him (Jurina), the friend and sidekick ( Kim Minseo), the rival (Sakura) and a very clear main goal. (Not saying Jurina is arrogant but theyll edit her that way). 10 bucks if this happens lol.

I CANT WAIT:drool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I'll be honest, I thought the SAME thing - I specifically Google Image/News Searched her Name again w/ the Keywords "Produce48" & I still got similar results- There's a Million KIMs, Parks, Lees. It's possible it's NOT but I wasn't familiar enough w/ her to judge.

You kinda described Pinky's (#6) early transformation from "Prod101" (S1). I wouldn't worry about Jurina - she can certainly keep up w/ Koreans best, but what does she have that's "extra" (more unique to her beyond Japanese/Korean). There's too much historical proof & documented footage that Jurina's a "class act" - so you need handle her journey in terms of a nemesis or Alter-Jurina. I'v often speculated she needs a "Bonkai" (2nd Act) but maybe she needs better competition - there was never anyone in AKS that was better than her besides Yuko so she's never had a real "rival" in terms of ability.

How I'd handle it
    We know she's a machine & polished - so her rival most be a "Korean Jurina". Probably a Trainee 4-5 years younger who is a prodigy (like Jurina was) Old Lion vs New Lion maybe?? OR and this is more interesting - You get someone who is her Polar Opposite in terms of Style and you tell the tale of Jurina trying "new dance styles" (things she's not comfortable with?) and maybe she grows as a performer? Stranger in a Strange land - Evolve or Fail? I saw a Korean trainee on Prod8 subs who pretended to be a Doctor and then BOOM, she took off the lab coat & exploded in seconds into something Sexier than even Oshima Yuko - it was slinky, sultry, & tasteful and I was thinking NO AKB48 gal has done that before. Jurina should think "glamour" & Fierce - like Black Pink or 2013 Girls Generation. If Sakura has the Aegyo locked, Jurina can snatch the "Sexy" before anyone blinks & she's age appropriate - she could pull a huge upset. A Cute girl can act Sexy more easily than a Sexy girl can act "Cute" - she already swung & missed w/ the "pout face". Sakura can fall back on being Kawaii but Jurina can adapt to Korean standards quicker than ALL of them so she's got a decent shot

It's the Koreans I think that VOTE for the Japanese trainee's (so I heard) so ALL my assessments take that audience into account - We all know what the Japanese think of Jurina so it's pointless to even factor them in if they can't vote.

Don't worry - not gonna set up camp here - Just enjoyed all your reactions. Jurina didn't come all this way empty handed (I hope).

Lastly to put it to bed, JURINA is WAAAAAY more "experienced" than SOMI so when you hear comparisons, just laugh - cause they're crap. Not trashing Somi but, it's Night & Day. For anyone who was curious about this mysterious "SOMI" person- this is a short edit of her on "Produce 101" ep#1. It's VERY Strange & Awkward at times how the trainee's & Judges treated her
    What's crucial to remember is that she had just come off of LOSING for JYP's TWICE (Everyone thought she was a lock)...Only the judges & JYP probably know why she wasn't "Picked". Maybe they thought her redemption story was good for "Produce 101"?? Even she knows there are girls who did better than her but she has a "Hurry up Give it to me already vibe" - JURINA has Never acts that way & admittedly paid her dues - She might be one of AKI-P's favs but she puts the time in & she's professional as hell. She's not snotty. So I consider it an Insult to Jurina to put Somi on her level.
    if the video does not show watch the video here It's funny how some Trainee's kiss her ass & shes like "yeah...ok". I'll be honest & say I never "got" the Somi fascination - It's funny when you realize that the girl in my Avatar is a hyper-active camera hogging squirrel who got discovered in a church dancing like a retard (Dahyun "TWICE") and she beat SOMI for a spot in TWICE - lol.

Welcome to KPOP Jurina - lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I can't believe you made a post in which I couldn't find anything to disagree with

Somi got in through JYP memes basically. The closest thing between Somi and Jurina is both got shitty, unflattering parted-down-the-middle wavey hair for their MCD performances.