Matsui Rena (Rena) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Oct 5, 2008.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Actress Rena Matsui attended the production announcement of the musical drama "Kayoukyoku ~Nakagawa Taishinojo Change~" starring Taishi Nakagawa held in Tokyo on September 13th.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  2. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A stage-greeting event to celebrate the release of the movie "Yodaka no Kataomoi" (directed by Yuka Yasukawa) starring actress Rena Matsui was held in Tokyo on September 17th. MAiDiGi used the title "Rena Matsui recalls that her love for the original work was too strong, and that she had a "battle" with the director, "It was noisy".

Update: Another

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Rena yesterday ceremonially dispatched the first Nishi Kyushu Shinkansen bullet train departure from an intermediate station on the new line at Ureshino-Onsen:

• Like Like x 4
  4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A new short trailer for 'Boy's Abyss' with Rena singing while driving a car:

• Like Like x 3
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The official calendar for 2023 is now on sale! It's limited to fan club members,

• Like Like x 4
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I recently finished 2 dramas that Rena played in this year. My post will be spoiler free, except one part that I'll mark as a spoiler.

Octo ~Kanjou Sousakan Shinno Akari~
    Akari is a detective, who's suffering from a type of synesthesia, in which she sees colours coming from people's eyes depending on their emotions. This synesthesia was triggered after her parents were murdered, and her older sister Shiori (portrayed by Rena) was put into an awake, but non-responsive state, when Akari was a child.

The reason why Akari chose to become a detective was so she could learn as much about emotions as she could for the reason that she cannot see any emotions coming from Shiori's eyes.

Each episode featured a different crime, but the overarching story was figuring out who murdered Akari's and Shiori's parents, and caused Shiori to fall into that unresponsive state. Some episodes make me cry really, really bad. They were so heart breaking and beautiful, but mostly heart breaking.

The revelation at the end really shocked me. There were elements to it that I did expect, but also quite a lot that I didn't.

Rena's character was a little scary, because she just stared ahead blankly all the time. There were flashbacks, to when her and Akari were younger, and it's crazy the contrast between a young, beautiful and lovely Shiori/Rena, and the current one who looks waxen and... pretty much dead.

I really, really recommend this drama. I guess there won't be another season, as with most J-dramas, but I would 100% watch a second season. 5 out of 5 stars.

EDIT: They also did a spin-off focusing on Shiori and Akari as sisters, in which Shiori is actually responsive. However, I haven't seen this because I'm not sure it's subbed.

Shounen no Abyss
    This was a really dark and intense drama, with lots of moments that made me uncomfortable. I started watching it after all the subs were already released, but I wished I'd watched it as it came out, because I simply couldn't binge this show. You need time to digest what's going on, there is so much mention of suicide and hopelessness.

The main character, Ryou, is a young boy, who's father ran away years ago, his older brother is a NEET, his mum is struggling to keep things together, and the grandma needs constant support with feeding, clothes changing, etc. Ryou and his best friend Chako aim to get out of the town eventually, hoping to go to university in Tokyo, but in reality, Ryou feels he'll never be able to get away because of how much his mum depends on him. Chako tells him about a novel that is set in their own little town, about a couple who commits a double suicide at a river.

Later that day, he runs into Nagi, an idol from Tokyo, who has come to the town undercover as she's on a mental health hiatus from the group. After seeing right though Ryou and how miserable he is, she asks him to commit suicide together at the river of the novel.

Rena plays Ryou's teacher, who prevents the first suicide attempt, and then becomes obsessed with the idea of being the only one to save him. Bored as a single woman with nothing to do in a little town, she dedicates her life to him, and hopes he will see her as his saviour, "the only person who can help him."

[HIDE]She ends up taking advantage of him sexually as well, and dangles the money for university in front of him on the condition that he may not see any other girls, including the idol Nagi as well as his childhood friend Chako.[/HIDE]

While I don't necessarily recommend the drama due to how intense it felt to me, Rena did a really good and convincing job in her role. I think she's an amazing actress. I'd give the drama 1.5 out of 5 stars, but Rena's performance 5 out of 5.

• Like Like x 2
  9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 4
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She will be appearing in the 2023 NHK taiga drama "Dosuru Ieyasu" (starting January 8, Sunday 8:00). Also appearing will be Kubo Shiori.

_QExX0dE.jpeg

FkYyxuNXwAAAfdt.jpeg

"Daughter of the head priest of Ikeigai funa shrine.

After escaping from the war, she became a lady-in-waiting in the service of Sena, and eventually came to serve at the side of Ieyasu, who was living at Hamamatsu Castle.

She has a mysterious and bewitching charm, and enters Ieyasu's heart, which is weary from the fierce battle."
    https://twitter.com/nhk_ieyasu/status/1605042808255135745
    https://twitter.com/renampme/status/1605160943738310656

[Thanks to a tip from guga on our discord]

• Like Like x 4
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Miyake-san praised my skin today, and I was happy to realize that my daily skin care is paying off \(^o^)/"

https://twitter.com/renampme/status/1616430425035145216
    https://twitter.com/encountofficial/status/1616360364496535553

Story in Encount
    On the 20th, actor Rena Matsui took the stage to announce the production of Shinkansen faces Shakespeare "Minatomachi Junjou Othello ~Tsuki ga Tottori Kojouhen~", which will be held in the spring performance of the 2023 Gekidan☆Shinkansen 43rd Anniversary Show. Matsui, who participated in the theater company for the first time, enthusiastically said, "I want to fulfill the role I have been given."

In the play, she plays Othello's wife, played by Miyake. When asked about co-starring with Miyake, she sighed, "His eyes are so sparkling... I feel like I'm being sucked into the scenes where we look at each other's eyes." It's perfect for Othello."

On the other hand, Miyake praised Matsui's beautiful skin, saying, "There are quite a few scenes where the distance is close, but the skin is very beautiful." "I look at the texture of women's skin, and it's so smooth that I wonder, 'How do you take care of it?'" Matsui praised, "I was shivering. I can't wear makeup in the practice room. I'm sorry.

250fc47c2edf694a4a08fc178e61f41d.jpg

https://encount.press/archives/408754/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

• Like Like x 2
  13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    This is from Bunshun (so as usual a pinch of salt needs to be taken) - it's reported that Rena is dating composer Kondo Akio and they plan to marry at Disneyland this summer:
    https://bunshun.jp/articles/-/63066

(According to our Wiki he composed the NMB48 coupling song Aoi Lemon no Kisetsu.) (but see post below)

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I actually did a bit of research about this because I wanted to see if there's any picture of him and I saw an older man in the results. it seems like the other man is another composer, he's apparently the one who composed the NMB song. Their names are not written the same in japanese, the composer of the song is '近藤昭雄' while Rena's boyfriend is '近藤晃央'. and I'm not sure about this but it seems like their names are also not read the same way, the composer is Kondo Akio while Rena's boyfriend is Kondo Akihisa. google translates both as Kondo Akio, I guess this is what created a confusion ^^;

Anyway I actually remember this NMB song and MV and it's a nice song, so if anyone wants to give it a listen, you can watch it here! even though it's unrelated to Rena's boyfriend... :lol:

A little more information about the rumor: apparently Rena has been dating him for 5 years. and he's 36 years old (she is 31). Nothing is confirmed yet but if it's true, congrats Rena!! <3

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Thanks for the clarification, I was reluctant to do a copy-and-paste of an electronic translation from Bushun in case in doing so it produced any possible false information about their relationship but even so I still got the wrong person. :( For confirmation it is Kondo Akihisa and here is his official website:

http://www.akihisakondo.net/

17. ET920

ET920 Member

Rena just confirmed that she's dating someone just now via her fanclub.

rena-dating-someone.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    And Instagram

348681131_178084901882864_7550122022438854406_n.jpg

To all of you who have always supported us, and to everyone concerned.
    I apologize for surprising you with this sudden news report.
    We have no plans to get married or have a wedding ceremony as mentioned in the article, but we have a good relationship with a tolerant person who kindly looks out for us.
    I will continue to devote myself to my work with sincerity, and I ask for your continued support.
    I hope that you will all watch over me warmly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsuxE1uPSq_/

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm happy that Rena has found love. I just hope she will never be the real-life protagonist of her famous performance in Kareha no Station.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    No reason to apologise. She's a grown woman, she's left her idol career behind many years and deserves to be happy. I hope her relationship is supportive and loving <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1