1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Members you hated, but now love (or vice versa)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Oct 20, 2011.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Well, we have a thread about 'Songs that you once hated, but now love!', so I think we should have a thread like this, too, a thread about those members you used to dislike (or even hate) but somehow you changed your mind and now you like (or love) them, and members you used to like (or love) but now you dislike (or hate). I don't think we have a thread like this yet (please, correct me if I'm wrong)

IMPORTANT: please, try not to turn this thread into a 'why won't you like my oshi part 2' thread...

The member I used to dislike is Aamin. I'm not sure why, maybe it was just that I didn't like her 'bunny smile', but she was one of the members I liked the least. But when I saw her in the 'Dakishimecha ikenai'...she totally caught my eye so, perhaps she's not one of my favorite members, but now I like her far more than I used to.

2. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Good idea for a thread Karles.

First Komorin. When I first got to know her I absolutely hated her. She was a terrible singer and an even worse dancer. Then I got to know her a bit better and I found out she was funny and actually a bit shy. She is definitely
    one of my favorite members nowadays.

Second up is Yui. When I started getting into AKB48 for real she was just promoted.To me she was undeserving of her push because I thought she was boring. I learned about the fact she subbed a lot for Mariko sama and actually sort of taught her the dance routines for A6 and my respect for her grew. Combined with that killer smile , her sweet and gentle manner of speech she completely won me over.

3. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

It usually takes a while for KKS to grow on me in general, but aamin in particular I really did not dig at all. She just didn't look like she belonged. But because of her great voice, she slowly grew on me since enkyori poster. And then there was that one fashion ep of akbingo where she came out in shorts and a white blouse.. :cute:

As for members I've come to hate..

First is Mayuyu... nobody has been more disappointing to me. She was so cute back in the BINGO PV that it drew me away from H!P. But the more I saw of her, the more her cutesy routine wore off. Maybe it's the fakeness or the voice...

Close behind is Kasai. She looks just like an ex-gf of mine so it was like insta- :inlove: . But then she turned out to be more similar to the ex than I had expected... girly girls... never again... :fp: I may change my opinion of her in the future... kinda hard to not like that cute face.

4. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Well it's only Yuko I guess. I didn't hate her or dislike her ever, but I just.... didn't like her as much as the rest :/ I felt that she was talented and had a great personality, but I just don't understand why I didn't like her that much, maybe cos her looks don't really appeal to me :/ But after watching her more in shows she grew on me and now I love her lots!

5. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao
    Hmm tbh the only member I truly dislike is Acchan, and as for the others it's mostly just lack of interest.

First of all, I thought Shinoda Mariko was boring at first. but now I really appreciate her blog entries, mainly her beautiful pictures with the other members, and I also love her fashion sense.

Secondly, I didn't really like Mayu 'coz she seemed like just an idol with cutesy face and nothing much more, but her friendship with Yukirin made me take interest in her and now I respect her determination and perseverance, and the fact that she thinks more maturely now is a big plus.

Third is Maeda Ami. She really never made much of an impression except for "Mayuge Boon", and I think most people think that way. But stumbling upon a few of her videos, I realize that she's really well mannered and a very decent girl, and most of all she was one of those amazing members who were a part of Dakishimecha Ikenai.

6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I used to hate Ogiso Shiori because i couldn't stand that a newly promoted member was getting sembatsu right away.. no it was rather that i hated her character and that all she seemed was all about having a small face, too dull for my tastes and it gets on my nerves when someone so boring is given plenty of screentime. It sucks to watch, but eventually her character started showing and it turned out to be kind of interesting (itte koi) so i may not love her per se but she's gone good.

7. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i used to hate itano because of her bitch face and snaggletooth.

now, when she's actually into something, i find it amusing. for example, the past akbingos with the murder cases she was on fire.

i think what really won me over was when i was watching the majisuka gakuen outtakes (i didn't even watch majisuka gakuen, just the outtakes, lol) and she seemed really cool and funny.

8. blownawayy

blownawayy Kenkyuusei

this is interesting~

when i first got to know AKB i think i like all the top members (prolly because i only knew them then) and hated mayuyu coz i generally dislike the too-cute types, kinda the main reason i cannot appreciate any team B stage. i like mayuyu much more now, i think she is a cg girl with a pretty real personality. [rock] on the other hand, while i like mayuyu now, i am starting to dislike yukirin more. she seems really fake to me, like trying too hard to keep up an idol image and appeal.

i've also never bothered about newer members and kks, but aamin is one girl that really shine out to me when she first came to Singapore for the theatre performance. she was good on stage and was genuinely excited and sweet to the fans off-stage. <3

9. MayaChanJuritan

MayaChanJuritan Kenkyuusei

Acchan I think. I fail to see why she centres of singles when there's nothing speacial about her. Her voice is just as good as other girls and I don't get why fans are so taken by her. Obviously I quickly realised that It's horrible to dislike her because of this (Same for Suzuki Airi fro C-ute) so now I really like her ^_____^

10. MERC

MERC Kenkyuusei

I have flip flopped a few times with Tomochin. When I first discovered AKB48 ~2 months ago, she was the first member that stood out to me. Once I did more research, I kind of lost interest in her. I didn't really find anything about her that interesting. Not to the point of hate or dislike though, but just lower in my rankings. As of late, she has regained a lot of her former glory, but her ranking is starting to slide yet again as I have been discovering new members.

My guess is that she will probably keep sliding up and down in my rankings until I learn about all the members. She has never been fallen out of my top 50%, but she has been in pretty much every position within it.

11. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

For me it's Acchan and Mayuyu.

Acchan: I have always feel neutral about Acchan, this is true since i start to know AKB48. I have never felt dislike/hate her or got any complain at all about her always being AKB48 centre like some of us fans did. But lately she has kinda grown up a lot in me though. Can't quite say why, only that i find her really charming nowadays :)

Mayuyu: I used to dislike her but now as she has grown up and matured, she has become "Ok" in my book :)

12. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i remember i was pretty neutral on mayu. i think she can be funny but i don't like how she's always promoted with the loli angle.

then i was playing the psp akb 1/48 and she was like "hey, you should come over to watch anime with my friends!"

[boom]

nah jk she's cool in my book.

13. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    That's easy...Tomochin!

I used to think she was ugly and had a horrible voice. I disliked that she appeared to get plastic surgery and thought some really mean things about how she made her way to the top. This all changed once I realized she was a main singer in most of the songs I like: Tsundere, Seifuku Resistance, Dokugumo...etc. Now I just like her (not love), but close enough to where I tolerate her everywhere.

I still hate her solo works. :hehe:

14. jenjen92

jenjen92 Kenkyuusei

I used to like Ichikawa Miori when I first started to see her, I thought she was really cute.
    But now her voice just grates on me, and she has completely overdone the 'fresh lemon' .

15. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    ^ Lol same for me. I call it "Sour Lemon syndrome". Lmao

16. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Oh I forgot to say who I used to love but don't as much anymore! That has to be Acchan, hands down. I liked her when she was not always everywhere, but now that she's basically the face of AKB48 I can't get away from her. She's like the Ai Takahashi of AKB!

17. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Have to say Sayaka.

It really wasn't her fault though, it was more like some of her fans whom I immediately noticed coming into my AKB48 fandom that caused me to have an aversion to her. I hate those kind of fans that always whine about how so and so deserves this and that especially when said girl gets more attention and work than a lot of others. I bet a lot of TG/UG wished they had been in senbatsu at one point and had a sub unit pretty much tailored to their talent. Sad, because Sae was one of the first members that I really liked right away so naturally I wanted to like her partner in crime but simply couldn't. :/ After reading about how she stood up to a troublemaker at one of the events though I immediately gained so much respect for her and my... 'condition' was slowly cured over time. I still don't like DiVA (or DIVA) though despite liking all the members now but I'm glad to have managed to overcome my aversion and see what an awesome person she is.

I'm the type who'll dislike a frontgirl or super pushed girl right away if I don't particularly find them appealing. Acchan was a very rare exception. :lol: Sayamina, Yui, Sasshi and W Matsui fell victim to this syndrome though.

Tbh, my dislike of Sayamina was very superficial because I personally thought she looked like a Predator :fear: but the more I see of her, the more I see that she has a unique and classic beauty to her so I've come to like her.

I'm not a variety show person but Sasshi won me over when I saw one of her segments, she's got mad skills and is really entertaining. She's one member I could watch do random shit forever.

I still don't pay much attention to Yui but she's been winning me over with her incredibly charming smile.

W Matsui though... [hehe] . I'm very VERY slowing starting to overcome my aversion to Jurina mainly because I'm finding her quite lovely these days (as you can see, I'm very much about appearances :hehe: ) but I've gotten nowhere with Rena. lol :^^;: One day... maybe. Maybe if their "kami" status in SKE was actually threatened and they stopped appearing in the B-sides...

I actually disliked Yuko for a bit early in my fandom because I didn't find her pretty but her looks grew on me so I started to like her more. :D

As for members I liked and starting to dislike... sadly, I have to say Yukirin. The more I see of her, the more something just seems incredibly... 'off' to me... I know about her "dark side" and normally I'd be all for that ( :awesome: ) but something about her eyes... they really unnerve me like I'd have to watch my back if I were ever around her. It's a little bit scary actually. :wtf: Really hope it's just a phase I'd get over.

18. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Tomo-chin...

I hate her sweet image in Skirt Hirari, she's better looking in a cool image. Plus, her solo songs are one of my favorite to listen to now. [rock]

19. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

Jurina...

I thought she was shoved in our faces at every turn, but now I've grown over it. Myao is the only member I used to like and then lost interest in her. I don't know why, but she has become really tasteless. No wonder she was kicked out of senbatsu.

20. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Tomochin:

When I first got into akb she was one of the members who caught me eye. She looked different and I probably
    liked her style and thought she was attractive.

Now she bores me to death most of the times. I don't thinks she's good looking anymore. Strange how that worked out actually