1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Members you hated, but now love (or vice versa)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    "And the definition of vice versa is?" that would be the opposite, meaning instead of hate to love it's from love to hate, but your earlier post showed no indication of switching from either hate to love or love to hate, it was just plain dislike. All you said on that post was how you have no idea how she has a large fan base and how you prefer sister groups instead of AKB because of her.

2. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

My original post....I was an AKB honk (slang for fan), Paru is an AKB member. Anyway, it is what it is.

I would like to add that I do not mean to flame or upset anyone by my post. I know Paruru has a very loyal fan base. Sorry if I have offended in any way.

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I can be a fan of a sports team and not like every member. I read your first post the way Maalat did. That you specifically liked Paruru at some point was not clear, at least not to me.

4. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    Even if one is an AKB fan, that doesn't mean you like all of the members, pretty much everyone here loves AKB and I'm sure they've some members that they dislike. Being an AKB "honk" doesn't automatically make you love paruru. Besides, you didn't even give a reason or explanation as to why you now dislike paruru, all you said was you've no idea why she has a big fan base.
    Anyway I'm getting off topic here so that should be it.

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Plenty of people have written about how they went from apathy/neutral to like or dislike, I don't see how @alohano 's post is any different.

6. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Mahalo wlerin. Fri nt, the beginning of a weekend here in Honolulu. My first exposure to the group was when I wasn't even a fan. I worked the Sandy Beach and ABC Store photo shoots with a production coordinator friend. Bikinis and robes as far as the eye could see...LOL. Anyway, Paruru stood out as mature, charming and unlike the other members. Again, not being a fan nor knowing anything about the group, among 10-20 I remember, she was one of them. A year or so later, I watched Kohaku and became a fan...only knowing AKB48 from their location. My mother's hometown is Okachimachi, one station away. Long story short, she seems aloof, "health issues" impact her performances, loads of fun with fans, etc. But she's apparently healthy enough to grace many fashion mags, do radio/TV spots and any number of non-AKB activities. But can't find a bathing suit that works for her? Hey, many find all of those things a charm point. But imagine if there were even 10, much less 20-50 other members like her....that will be unique at all costs. It would be very counterproductive to the whole. So I guess I'm a nail that sticks up, gets hammered down believer.

Sorry all...should have posted this from the get go. Others I used to somewhat not like that I now respect/admire are Sasshi and Mayuyu. It's lonely at the top and they handle that rare air with grace and class.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  7. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I used to find Sasshi to be suuuuuppppeeeerrr annoying, now I actually really like her as a person and an idol :)

8. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yuko.
    I know, I was stupid.
    I was first an Acchan oshi, and my eyes saw no one but her (I wasn't knowledgeable in AKB that much back then), and in the second SSK when Yuko beat Acchan I was super frustrated. But when I got more and more into AKB, watching variety shows and documentaries and such, I realized Yuko was such an amazing person, talented in everything, cute, beautiful, funny and goofy, also having an emotional side, and she was so like me that I cursed myself for not liking her before. From then on, she is my No. 1 and eternal kami oshi. She helped me transform into a better person and saved me in my dark times. I can't describe how much I love her. As I said, I was stupid, and from then on I never judge members because they are sorta 'rivals' with my oshi.

9. Renjii

Renjii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I used to hate Miichan because her personality. Back then, she always looked fake to me, her envy to the senbatsu members just made me hate her more and more. And all the thing about her scandal just made me think that she wanted attention of the fans
    Then when she was transfered to the new team 4, it made saw a new side of her
    Sorry for my english

10. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Mayuyu used to make me uncomfortable. I don't know what it was about her, but she just seemed kind of unreal if that makes sense. Like she was built in a lab to become a j-pop idol. Now she seems like the most normal. More like someone you'd meet normally, and less like a character.

11. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

she's called cyborg idol for a reason :hehe:

12. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I don't think I've ever hated any of the girls (too much effort :p) but there have been aspects of certain girls that I didn't like/made me ignore them, which is funny cos now there amongst my favourites :chuffed::

I wasn't too much of of a fan of CG idols, so in the early days Watanabe Mayu didn't really interest me. I was more interested when she grew up, though, after she started showing off more of her nerdy side and goofed off more, and now she's one of my favourites from Team B (in a constant battle with Yukirin for top place [hehe])

The other one which surprised me was Yamamoto Sayaka: I actually used to not like her voice! I always thought that her voice was "un-idol" like, whatever the hell that meant, since it has a huskiness when she speaks. But after I heard her singing voice I fell in love with it and her natural huskiness, always listening out for her vocals on every new NMB single, and now she's in my top 3 oshis among all the 48 Group! And I'm definitely looking forward to her new album :D

13. Usagi16

Usagi16 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I like all the AKB48 girls of all group but if I thought quietly I can say that, I hate Sashihara Rino I did not like her because since she betrayed they fans some years ago, The manager have transferred to HKTt48 but I think it was a plot of the management to made everything that she arrives the first on Sosenkyo. I was frustrated when she won again
    There are also other girls who displease me because they want to be different in the group, as Momoka NMB48 or the girl which has to win the Janken recently

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  14. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Sashihara because Sasshi is Mayuyu's rival and always beating Mayuyu the real idol but someday i realize that she is very important for this group.

15. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Sasshi. First, I don't her when I thought she's not pretty or cute and not deserve to be an AKB48's center. But, after I watch her in a TV show, damn, what a talent girl! After that, I loved her and released that idol isn't just about a cuteness or beautiful, Idol is about how you use your ability and make someone like it.

16. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I initially hated milky, because of my brother's campaign to hate her.
    Started loving her after I saw Warukii

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Love/Hate to Like: Sashihara Rino
    When I first started following AKB48, I found Sasshi to be kind of conceited and full of herself. Overtime I had a Love/Hate thing for her. Didn't like her in 2016 (Thought her ego was going overboard). But ever since the 2017 SSK, I've actually begun to like her. My Love/Hate thing I've always had for her is pretty much gone (Looking forward to her Idol Group =LOVE and how they will do, her eventually being in charge of HKT48 and STU48, and her official new nickname of Sasshi-P)

Like to Love/Hate: Nakai Rika
    I'll be honest, At first I didn't mind Rikachan. But I think my Love/Hate thing has now gone to Rikachan. While there are some things that I like about her (her friendship with Katomina for one), I do find her to be annoying. No fan her of "crying" act, she's not great at Singing or Dancing, she's mehh as an actress (she did do a good job as a coward wrestler). Imo, she's not Ace Material (and I think she is no longer Mangement's Ace after OgiYuka ranking in the Top 5). She is somebody like Kojiharu and Paruru who could center a B-side, maybe even an A-Side once in a while. But she's not an Ace imo.

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ Now you should read Sasshi's book to be fully converted lol

Rikachan is the tragic heroine in the group. She absorbs all the hate from the anti's.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    i wholeheartedly agree, you should totally read her book

20. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I'll chime in..
    Now, I'm fairly new and only 2 months in not because of AKB, but because I started following Shimazaki Haruka the actress and not Paruru the former idol. So, I'm still on the fence if I really want to get into AKB because I think AKB management are ass and they should all be kicked in the nuts. I developed this opinion after watching their Tokyo Dome 1830 concert day 1 discs and that bonus making off disc..

Now, I started watching a lot of AKB shows like AKBINGO!, AKB to XX, Dojo, tabi, and what have you because I wanted to learn more about Paruru the former Idol. I started with the older stuff, moving to newer ones as I progressed. So I'm more familiar with older members and only know a few newer members. I'm mostly neutral with a nice helping of appreciation towards all the members I've seen so far and don't mind watching them while looking for Paruru except for 1...

Takahashi Minami
    Neutral -> kinda like -> HAHA she's hilarious! -> OMG! enough of her PLEASE!! Imma start puking if I see anymore of her...
    Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate her nor do I even dislike her. She's really not that pretty IMO, but is kinda cute, funny, and amusing and I really have no issues with her as a person, In fact I actually started to like her but.. the thing is, she's EVERYWHERE! I watch a show, she's there. I watch concert footages, I swear, it feels like she gets more screen time than any other member combined. I look up pictures, she's there. I try looking up other members like Kawaei (yeah I know, graduated..) she's there. I look for Paruru performances, she's there.. I mean, I'm actively looking for things about Paruru but I see more of Takahashi Minami more than I find stuff about Paruru..She is EVERYWHERE!! In a span of two months, I keep running into her face so much that I feel like I now have 1 lifetime and a half worth of encounters with her face. My opinion of her hasn't really changed, I just don't want to see her face for a good while. Its like eating pie everyday for two months. You still like pie, but you don't want to eat it for a long while.