1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Members you hated, but now love (or vice versa)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

well I can actually deny that she is right LOL. I think she is wrong. I don't think saying hurtful things help in anyway. it literally makes no difference, except being hurtful. there is Naachan who made a comment about Riripon too (indirectly), and it was a lot more mature. that's the kind of "speaking up" that I respect, and I am not a fan of Naachan so I'm honest with this.

You're right that Juri doesn't care too much and lacks self-awareness and use harsh words, which is exactly my issue and probably the reason why she isn't Team A's captain and will most likely not be the successor to Yuihan. Yuihan is too lenient, I agree, but Juri is harsh and not good with words and expressions.

I personally think management should not give the center push to Naachan since she doesn't suit being center at all, but she suits being the leader/captain. She knows what words to say, she is not too lenient, not harsh, and understanding with others. She's not made for ace push but she would be good for leader.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    What she stood for was undisputably right. It's just when, where and how she decides to express it.

Being hurtful to others doesn't change the fact she is right, sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes we need people to point it out. Problem is we all know that but most of us choose to be silent and just let it go because of not wanting to be that person to hurt a relationship and be the nice guy/girl, but not for Juri. If Naachan is the good cop, then she would rather be the bad cop. Like nowadays, who would still support Lilipong and what she did in the SSK and the treatment to her fans?

She is the one friend that will point out the wrongs in your face so you or anybody else won't dare to do it again in the future, initially you may hate her for being insensible and harsh but then at the end of the day you would be glad that you have a friend that isn't afraid to be honest with you. That's Juri to AKB.

This is just another type of leadership which I think is good for the group in general, so the girls don't fall to lies and fake relationships because we have Juri.

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just want to say it's amazing how people can view things differently LOL I mean you see the good sides of Juri's personnality, and that's fine. but I'm seeing things in a different way because they are idols, their actions are made public, and it has consequences. so to me being harsh for the "truth" is not a suitable behavior for an idol. She can act like this in private to other members and they can appreciate her for it, it's all good. but in front of cameras, she's not doing things right. and it can hurt others. and I really think management dropped their plan to make her future leader when they saw this.

I don't really hate her for this, I just strongly disagree with her actions, which in result make me dislike her as idol. but not as person because I have no idea about how Juri is in real life, and some personnality traits that are not good as celebrity can be good in real life and vice-versa.

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Juri quickly became one of my favourite members when I entered 48G fandom and she was one of the girls who I bought 2-shot tickets for when I visited Japan 2 years ago. I entered her booth and greeted her with her name but she snapped back “JURI!!!” with just slightly more emphasis on the second syllable than I had used, which rather surprised me! She didn’t really smile in the photo and I left with some disappointment. Having said that, I still do have a generally positive opinion of her, I think she’s been a good captain in Team 4 but sadly I still keep thinking about my encounter with her.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well of course I'm not trying to argue with you but just sharing my view on it.

Imho Juri's career as an ace prodigy has hit the strides and it goes the same with Mako along with various mid-tier members, unless some miracle happens to spark a 2nd wind for them then this is pretty much so far they can go. So it's down to their personality and character that gains fans respect now instead of trying to wait for management pushes to be carrying the AKB flag.

What they should be considering now is to rethink their role in the group and set a good example for the younger generations of AKB on work ethics and idol values. Which I think Juri is doing a good job on preaching with her actions (her twitter post announcement regarding the draft 3 event, speaking as the new Team B captain would be another good example) and the rest of the girls are just doing fine now, and most important of all they should be focusing on enjoying their time being an idol.

Juri is still a strong leader in the group and management still gave her a team to lead right? What I'm excited to see is if she can discipline some good qualities out of the Team B members under her starting this Spring.

6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    She's still an applicant in MNL, but I'm starting to like Khrenzel Dizon

at first, I hate her fierce attitude then I don't know what I saw in her but she has a hidden charm in her...
    she has a Team K aura in her...

7. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

AKB48 :
    Kato Rena: dislike - -> love
    Iriyama Anna: Like - - > Neutral
    Takahashi Juri: Neutral - - > Love
    Mukaichi Mion: purposely Ignored - - > Love
    Nakano Ikumi: dislike - - > like

HKT48:
    MeruMio strongly disliked - - > like.
    Tanaka Miku : Looved - - > neutral - - - > strongly dislike
    Yabuki Nako: purposely Ignored - - > love
    Murashige Anna Loooooveeeeee - - > Neutral - - > Like

Nogizaka46:
    Nishino Nanase : dislike - - > like

8. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    @Mana
    You are judging Juri way too much by her facial expressions without knowing her true feelings.
    She wasn't unhappy about Rinrin as captain in team A,in fact they are friends and both from Ibaraki.
    Like all the girls she was confused and didn't even know what to say.Maybe because just wanted to be longer in T4:
    DQiecnpVQAEsR9C.jpeg

Juri did a good job as team 4 captain and management aknowledge this.no wonder she was chosen as captain again!
    With more experience i have no doubt she will be a strong candidate as a leader and Yui's sucessor

i agree with everything marioworldakb said and i would like to quote Juri's speech again:

I don't see how Juri said anything wrong or hurtful.
    She was thinking about the feelings of the members who follow the "rules" and yet couldn't rank and fans that put lots of money in an unprofessional member who used Sousenkyo to cover up for a scandal.
    she felt that was the right thing to say and i really respect her and naachan for the guts to state their opinion.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  9. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    AKB
    Juri : like -> love
    Naachan : neutral -> love

SKE
    Rara : neutral -> like

NMB
    Milky : neutral -> love
    Mirurun : like -> neutral

HKT
    Sasshi : neutral -> like
    Sakura : like -> dislike -> neutral

NGT
    Rika : neutral -> like

Nogi
    Nanase : neutral -> like

10. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Like > Neutral
    Minegishi Minami - I sometimes think she's trying a little too hard these days.
    Tano Yuka - I like her, I think she's very funny and talented but some of her recent comments from her live streams are kind of a... turn off.

Neutral > Love
    Watanabe Miyuki - Didn't really 'care' too much about her until I've started going through an 'NMB phase'.

Neutral = Neutral
    Miyawaki Sakura - There's something not genuine about her... I'm really trying to like her but I don't know what the ef is wrong with me that I just cant seem to do it.

11. Rinupft

Rinupft Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    Lindaapft
    Neutral -> love
    Sugawara Maya
    I never know that SKE D2 are full of interesting member till I know Maya. She's so beautiful. Visual Queen. Her stingray impersonate is adorable. And I love her relationship with E senpai like nonmeikumanackytani.

Dislike -> Love
    Irriyama Anna
    Back then in 2014-2015 I always saw her the girl who not strong willed and laid back. Now, i know Annin better. She's not as bad i used to know. Beside her beauty and always look classy drive me to love her more and more.

Love -> Dislike
    Okada Nana
    There's nothing wrong with her. I just dont like boys chara.

12. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm seriously sorry to say that I used to dislike Okada Nana.
    Around the time she had those mental problems, I used to think she was a big drama-queen. She was also being treated as next-generation Takamina or something, and Takamina's graduation still affected me pretty badly, so I was irritated while hearing that stuff and thought that nobody could replace Takamina. When Nana rephrased Takamina's famous quote in the SSK, I got irritated even more. So I guess my dislike was partly based on my grief on Takamina's graduation.
    Now that things settled, I got another chance to take a look at her, and I realised I was starting to like her. Her performance ability, her honesty, and her care for members really made my opinions of her change. I love her now, and am looking forward to her future activities.
    So yeah, I guess giving members you dislike another chance really works miracles sometimes.
    Oh, and I used to be pretty neutral with Sakura, and was even irritated a bit when she was the center of KimiMelo instead of Mayu, but she is just TOO CUTE both appearance-wise and as a person, and well, I love her acting, so now she is my Kami <3
    I wouldn't believe that I'd fall in love with Sakura this much a few years ago, but now, she's an irreplaceable presence in my heart.
    I saw a lot of people say that they came to like Rikahime when they used to dislike her, and yeah I can understand why. I am a Katomina-oshi and was sad when they decided to push Rika instead of her, and couldn't seem to get to like her for quite a while, but after watching her in LOD's and seeing that video of her bashing antis, I became to like her [hehe] I seem to like girls who are honest with themselves and fans, I guess.
    Annin too, I used to not get her push, but she just moved my heart, and now she is my oshi <3

Looking at my oshimen list, I just realised that most of my oshis are love-at-first-sight [hehe]
    Hinachan and Moeka almost instantaneously became my oshis, while Yuipon and Sakura slowly climbed the ladder.
    Komi and Mako too, I started to like them quickly after I saw them for the first time. I guess there is no limit to how members can become your oshis.
    (Am I counted as a DD for having this many oshis lol)

13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Lol judging someone by their physical appearance much?

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Saying he/she doesn't like her chara doesn't mean he/she's judging her.
    I'm really okay with Naachan now. In fact, her presence feel bigger & bigger since she cut her hair imo. But I can't seem to like her as much as before now. I feel kinda neutral towards her.
    (I'm really glad she got much spotlight now).

15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

We're idol fans ffs.

16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    So my last update was 01 April 2016. Time for my third go! (This may be quite long... so apologies in advance)
    My Nogi and Keya members have basically remained the same since time began, so won't include them on here.

Dislike/Neutrals ---> Like

AKB - Murayama Yuiri - she was always a Neutral, someone who worked hard at the theatre and had a big fan base and was always in the background as someone I would look into more eventually, but the more I looked into her the more I could see why she had that following. Now I do actively like her and have a friend who helps in that :p
    NMB - Jo Eriko - this has happened in the last fortnight, and now I really rate her. Again, she was a Neutral who suddenly drew me in and now I adore her. I've found that as many of my NMB favs have graduated, some more neutral members have sharply risen to take their places.
    NMB - Shiroma Miru - Miru was someone other people seemed to really rate, someone who other fans found appealling. It wasn't until ... possibly last year, actually ... that I started to see the appeal and now she's in my NMB Kami 7. I really love her singing voice too.
    NMB - Ishida Yuumi - from someone I paid basically no attention to, I now find her stunning, loved her dancing in Must Be Now and now she is a big NMB fav.
    NMB - Nishizawa Rurina - this is because of the danso. Legitimately. I genuinely wish she would keep her hair short. She also seems really nice; she went from someone like Yuirii to someone I actively follow.
    HKT - Miyawaki Sakura - this is probably the biggest shock for me; I don't think I ever massively liked her, but now I can get on board with what she does, I find her pleasant and pretty and I'm ok with that :)

Like/Neutrals ---> Dislike

AKB, SKE, NMB, STU - n/a
    HKT - Ueki Nao - this is not so much a dislike, but I can't find anything to like about her. She would go in Neutral, but I seem to actively avoid her, so it's not a neutral thing.
    HKT - Tomiyoshi Asuka - The same thing could be said for Tomiyoshi Asuka. I don't really dislike her, but I don't have any desire to follow her or get to know her more.
    NGT - Nakai Rika - a friend recently said to me that she lacks confidence, that she has mental problems, and I have read elsewhere on the forum that she has been called the scapegoat for NGT antis. The truth is that I really didn't want to dislike her. I have tried to like her, on many occasions, and she would start to rise up my NGT list, inching into my top 10 on one occasion... but then she would do something else that made me groan and wonder why I'd bothered. So now I am not going to try anymore. She has her fans, plenty of them, but I won't be one of them.

Neutrals

AKB - Okada Nana - this isn't to say I don't like her, far from it. It's more that I have many other girls who rank way higher for me, so they take precedence, so Naachan doesn't get the attention she deserves.
    AKB - Tano Yuka - she used to be a favourite, but recently I find myself following her less and less. In fact, not just recently - over the last two years.
    SKE - Tani Marika - it was at some point in the last couple of years that she steadily starting dropping down my lists to the point that I don't really follow her anymore. Now I remember that I liked her, but don't really feel anything anymore.
    HKT - Yamada Marina - I used to really like her, but that has seriously faded away to virtually nothing now.

Think that's it...

17. Matsui Hikari

Just because someone has short hair doesn’t mean they are trying to act like a boy *cough cough* Milky

18. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You said it.
    I'm not trying to say Naachan always try to act like a boy. Damn (almost) no one can deny she's really pretty. Maybe it's just because how she is when she's around Yuiri or how tough she looks as she's STU captain.

Again, I have no problem AT ALL with it. In fact, she's amazing that way. It's just I that like her old charms better.

I don't hate her at all. In fact I believe AKB is on the right shoulder.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Rinupft

Rinupft Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    Lindaapft
    Yes physical appealing does matter for me. I really like naachan in her debut with three musketeer. But i dont have any chance to know her since i dont follow akb that much. I know she works very hard in the past year to gain the position she's now. And I'm nothing against her push. I just dont like boyish chara on her that make me lost of interest.

20. Matsui Hikari

I don't think you guys understood my original post lol. I was referring to how someone with short hair doesn't mean that they are trying to adopt a boyish character, hence why I mentioned Milky. If you even slightly follow Naachan for a second, you would realize that Naachan is nothing like Techi who is trying to full on look like an opposite gender of her. Naachan is still very much feminine and acts like a girl. It's just that her style is slightly more edgy now compared to your generic cute-overload style. Of course, I'm not trying to stop anyone from not not-liking Naachan because it has nothing to do with me but it's just stupid how physical appearance can determine someone's character. That's called superficial judgement.