Members you respect the most

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Akira Hitoshi, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Let's face it, most members of AKB48 are cute or good looking enough to like. However, only a few of them are worth "respecting", which is different. In terms of their personality, leadership, and compassion toward the other members, who in AKB do you respect the most? [wonder]

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Re: Which members do you "respect" the most?

Takamina (duh) XD

I fear to see what will happen to AKB once Takamina leaves. It's obvious she is the rallying point for the members. Looks like with that officially recognized general manager position, Aki-P is trying to keep her around any way he can, and I don't blame him. From what I've seen she's extremely hard-working, personable, willing to take the fall in place of others and shoulders tons of responsibility, a good girl all around. Plus she's great at being an entertainer, with good skills in singing and dancing as well as comedy. I don't care if Acchan says Takamina's stories aren't interesting at all, I think they'd have to be XD

But other than Takamina, who is the obvious one everyone will list...

I think I respect Akimoto Sayaka quite a bit. Even with the terrible hand fate has dealt her lately, she's been a trooper. I mean, she's gotten totally shafted lately. First that BS scandal, now her bro Sae is leaving for China and to top it off, she's been stripped of her captaincy in team K in favor of Yuuko, which has to hurt.
    Plus, she keeps her blunt personality in check really well. I have the same kind of personality and I find it hard to hold my tongue sometimes, so I admire her for being so considerate and kind to others.

3. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

For me it will be Takahashi Minami, but there are other member whom I respect for a different reasons like:

Akimoto Sayaka - for leading an awesome team [rock] .
    Watanabe Mayu
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Oshima Yuko
    Matsui Jurina
    Iwasa Misaki
    Kikuchi Ayaka - Coming back after being fired & climbing up the stairs from ground zero ~ KKS ~ Team-A
    Shimada Haruka

4. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu

I agree with you guys, number one has to be Takamina, cause she is literally leading the entire team, for reasons that you can't see with your eyes. And your also right about Aki-P trying to keep her around, and I also don't blame him. However, I kind of have a bad feeling about her leaving the team later on. I honestly don't see any member that can be the successor of Takamina right now, no one has those leadership traits that she does.

The closest member I can think of is Yuko, because she also has the ability to motivate people. I don't know what it is, but whenever I watch videos of them talking about serious matters, I start to realized that these girls aren't just there to entertain for the sake of it, they actually know exactly what they're doing, even though it seems that they're fooling around sometimes. That's why I respect only so many members, cause the new members nowadays are actually there to become famous, I doubt it's for anything else.

5. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I'm thinking someone is going to start displaying the leadership qualities they've been repressing (or haven't been able to use to full effect) once Takamina leaves. So there will probably be someone.

Don't be too hard on the incoming girls. I think many of them started as AKB fans and felt the "AKB spirit" and that compelled them to try out. Many of them certainly seem to be trying quite hard, anyway. Even if they started out just wanting fame or to use AKB as a stepping stone to a real career in entertainment, I bet the AKB family spirit takes people over pretty quickly. I know I feel it just by watching them, lol.

6. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu

lol, yeah I understand what you mean. After all, the old members do have to graduate for a reason: which is to let the next generation succeed in their place, so I guess your right as we should look forward to the new members. Let's just hope that they will be able to properly succeed in the older generation's roles, especially Takamina's role as leader.

Although we may not see it, I think there may be one or two new members that may be able to become the true successors or senbatsu's of the present generation, we'll just have to wait and see.

7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

Akimoto Sayaka & Takahashi Minami
    reasons? should i even say? :lol:

8. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Takahashi Minami and all captain (past and present) of AKB48 teams

9. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu

Honestly, I still think that only certain members deserve respect. Obviously one member would be Takamina, because she actually leads the entire team. However, since we haven't seen every single member of AKB shine yet, I can't say for sure. But judging by the things that the popular members do now, definitely Yuko and Takamina, because of their recent actions like Yuko apologizing for Acchan and Takamina leading the team since the beginning pretty much. We just have to wait and see what the next generation can offer. ;)

Btw, who ever came up with A.A (After Acchan) era is pretty good, cheers to you [rock]

10. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

Takamina, because she is the best leader I´ve seen between idol groups and listen to everyone´s problem, try to fix it and everyone in 48 groups respect her and only have good words to say to her, thats says something about how great person she is.
    Sayaka, because she is nice to her fans and give them advices, she doesnt let wotas say harsh words to her and make them apologize, she is a strong leader and could lead team K to how it is now, a great team, she also never give up despite all the hardships she went through while being akb, even if she thought about giving up she didnt do it, if she decide to graduate soon, she will be able to overcome any obstacles,
    Yuko, because she showed that she can lead a team helping Sayaka in her job, she also helped Takamina when other members were playing and not working in Seibu DOme and Takamina was sick so she couldnt talk to the other members in a proper way, she is also very hardworking and makes feel better everyone with her personality, she also try to become closer to other groups and it feels like in recent polls between 48 members, Yuko is one of the most respected senpai

11. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

All those girls who didn't get the benefit of being part of the earliest generations and thus filling up most of the best popularity spots, but endure quietly for a long time, with any benefits they attained being by good luck or strength of talent.

Those girls who must know they are as good as any above them, but push on with good spirit and accept the fate the AKB management decides for them. Those girls who would also be big AKB stars if subjected to the same place and time.

Lovetan, Fujie, Wasamin and many others we know who we can often only observe dancing always at the back and in the shadows.

12. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

I respect a lot of members :D
    Akimoto Sayaka- because she used to be bullied as a kid, when she was called a gorilla and I think she is really amazing to be able to laugh it off and also act like one. She is really determined, straightforward, serious about her work and a really, really wonderful person. I also read this handshake report about this person and Sayaka and what she said was really amazing (it was on tumblr)
    Oshima Yuko- She actually was produced under Takamizawa-san but then they disbanded and she said is she fails to get into AKB48 she'll start living a normal school girls life again. But luckily, she did get in and now she's the centre, so she totally deserves everything she has at the moment. Her dancing, singing, acting is great but I think Yuuchan shines most when she smiles, she can make friends so easily, she's also silly and acts like an old man (sometimes XD) but actually really passionate and determined in her work.
    Matsui Jurina- Despite how her age is only 15, she works so hard causing herself to collapse.
    Nakaya Sayaka- She couldn't get into AKB48 senbatsu election every year and she even created this auto-biography about herself and I think that is really amazing. I'm really glad that she ranked in high this time :)
    Kobayashi Kana- Like Nakaya Sayaka she didn't rank in any other election but she ranked in 41st this year! I honestly don't know much about her but I think its really amazing that she failed the 1st audition and got in the second audition (Team K audition)

Well overall, I think its really amazing how people can hold onto hope for so long. <3

Wow.. I actually become really serious when its about people I respect
    These members are the ones that I could think of atm.

Well I really can't be bothered mentioning a certain somebody (midget captain <3 )

13. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Other than the littlest captain...

I have a ton of respect for those girls who are INCREDIBLY hardworking in the shadows. Amina comes to mind immediately, so do Haruu, Nakayan, Haachan, Masuda, and Nakamata Shiori.

But the person I respect the absolute most, without doubt, is Oya. I respect her more than Takamina, even. It took her the longest to be promoted out of all the KKS and she never stopped, never gave up, never quit even though she easily could have. She's not my oshi, but she's the person I'd most like to sit down with and have a conversation, and shake her hand, and tell her "congratulations, I'm proud of you".

14. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    ^
    dont forget people like Izuta Rina, Fujita Nana, or Morikawa Ayaka who basically subbing almost everywhere while senbatsu are absent with their own activity. Their theater performance count already equals some of the seniors in such short time. And also super veteran like Kobayashi Kana or Sato Natsuki who literally got almost no job outside theater. Those girls got my respect almost on the same level I give to the likes of Takamina ;)

15. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Honestly, in terms of respect, just like everyone else it has to be Takamina. I don't know, I can't really explain it but let's just say she's as good as a leader can get. If you've seen the stuff that happens backstage, you'll come to realize that she will lead the entire team regardless of where they are. I seriously think that no one can replace her at this moment, but what lies ahead is hard to tell... [rock]

16. Daredemo

Daredemo Kenkyuusei

Definitely Takamina. Nobody else comes close...

17. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Since everyone is posting about Takamina here, allow me to be the odd-one-out [hehe] (cmon, might as well call this the Takamina apprecation thread if everyone just posts only about Takamina :lol: )

From my point of view, respect is quite different for everyone, which is why the member I respect the most would be Matsui Rena.

While not exactly an AKB member per-se, I really respect Rena a lot after watching that 'History of Matsui Rena video and also reading the interviews on her. I mean, after watching how she had a hard time getting into the dance performances at the begining and then looking at her position now as SKE's double center with Jurina and also as an AKB Senbatsu Member, it is really admirable how she managed to strive on despite all the initial difficulty she had and never gave up on pursuing her dream - It is this determination she has that truly makes her my most respected member, and also as my Kami-Oshi :^O^:

18. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Lately I've been having so much respect for Sayanee.

C'mon guys she's center, leader, and captain all at the same time.

She deserves a round of applause.

19. THUCKER

THUCKER Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    thucker2014
    Oshima Yuko - when first i know AKB48 , i attracted to this crazy and annoying girl :D
    Shimazaki Haruka - when majisuka gakuen 2 start airing , i see her potential and start support her until now [clap]
    Yoshida Akari - beautiful face , perfect body , good at dance , she is the best IMO

20. seins124

seins124 Kenkyuusei

takamini, no doubt
    and maybe other captain