TV / Radio Mexican Drama: L.I.K.E.

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Can someone please recap what has happened in the serie ? I would like to start watching it again but since my spanish isn't good I wanna be sure I perfectly grab the changes in the plit before watching

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    In the US, they are still in Israel. How much longer until they get to Japan?

4. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    Since annin showed up a few wks ago, I'd say a month???

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. BoredPikachu

BoredPikachu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Lin Nan
    Twitter:
    KindanShoujo
    Episode 23 airs on Univision tomorrow (according to my DVR) so if they keep up the pace, Annin's first appearance should be a week from now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    Has it really been 4 weeks since it started airing here? It feels like it was less than that... i'm way off on my dates... ☺

7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Does anyone know about the ratings in either country? In the US, it was on at 7 pm when it started, then moved to 3 pm, and now seems to be bouncing between 3 pm and 1 pm. That doesn't sound like a hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BoredPikachu

BoredPikachu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Lin Nan
    Twitter:
    KindanShoujo
    In Mexico the show debuted strong at 3 million viewers but after that it seems to have lost viewers, as of episode 21, the show airs an hour earlier (due to low viewership) and season 1 finishes in January, earlier than what was originally stated. Other than that, there hasn't been any updates on how many people are watching these days but according to Damian, the show is getting a season 2

For us in the States, it premiered at 655k but that was before it was moved to the afternoon timeslots and there's no viewer data for that but if I remember Rebelde had that time slot over ten years ago so ‍♂️

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
  10. Himecchi

Himecchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The drama pretty much won't have a second season. I think there hasn't been an official announcement, but according to some of the producer responses to tweets, a second season is not on the way yet.

Also two of the members of the Like band already said that they are leaving it (one of them said it's because a second season is not likely happening) and for what I understood Annin will to, so I suppose they wont do any tour like RBD but still do some presentations until the end of the season.

Anyway, I think Annin did a really great job, tbh her character(Keiko) is so weird, funny and misterious, she blends well with the drama and quite a huge part of the viewers like her so thats good :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Keiko finally arrived (in the US) . I just finished yesterday's episode where she appears right at the end. Now I am watching today's show, and she is in the first scene.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The end is here. The last Mexican broadcast is tomorrow, January 20. It was shot in Japan. (found on Annin's twitter)

AKB48's #入山杏奈さん @iriyamaanna1203 of Mexican TV drama "LIKE" @Like_laleyenda final episode was photographed in Japan, taken in a live venue Sukapara . It will be broadcast on January 20th MeixicoのTelevisa. # Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
    https://twitter.com/tokyoskaj/status/1086145261204717568

Very short clip:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1086145057541877760/pu/vid/960x720/k5G9E7Wd4CF-GvPZ.mp4

13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Basically, the finale is the conclusion of Annin's arc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Himecchi

Himecchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The last episode will have some Keiko's (Annin) story before she left Japan.
    In summary, Keiko's father is leader of the yakuza and he called Keiko to ask her to come back because her mom was sick, but it was all a trap so he could arrange a marriage with one of his bussines associate's son. Later Keiko's friends arrive to Japan and she tells them the whole story and asks for their help.
    At the end of the previews it's shown that her friends made a plan to have Keiko scape from the wedding and it's shown at the very end Keiko defying her father at the top of a building saying that it's better to die than to have to keep following his orders.

It's unknown if Keiko jumped from the building but apparently this last episode will finally give her the protagonism she deserves.

15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Yakuza, forced marriage, ..... suicide threat .....
    Well, the writing doesn't look very creative.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Himecchi

Himecchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    So the finale was aired a couple of hours ago and Annin's character lived and the ending of the whole stories was kind of a mess hinting that there may be a second season.

The producer said a couple of days ago that he would think of the probability of making a second season and with it I suppose there's a chance of Annin appearing again.

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Annin did tweet that she was in Tokyo only for a short time and would be returning to Mexico. That sounds like she has work there.

18. KojiHaruNyan

KojiHaruNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I have to admit the series had a pretty ok first season. I absolutely loved the ending (after all I did watch it because of Annin, and I'm sure everyone here too). Overall I loved Keiko, she is easily my favorite character (second is Romi). I hope the show can have a season 2. What are your thoughts on the show? Honestly I am about the main characters age but I'm nothing like them. On an unrelated note I did buy the LIKE jacket, I convinced my parents to buy it as a present for me (perks of still being a teen)!

[/The whole Keiko's family being part of the yakuza part totally shocked me. Didn't see that coming.]

19. aquaticdragons

aquaticdragons Kenkyuusei

48 fans please vote for Iriyama for "Best Young Actress pre nominations"

https://mobile.twitter.com/TV_LasEstrellas/status/1091382701079359488

3 days left before voting closes! Iriyama only has 15%

While I really can't say if her acting was great since in my opinion the story script was terrible for this show and I eventually stopped watching... She is part of the 48 and representing, so I gave her my vote :1st:

20. Velociraptor

Velociraptor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mayu Watanabe
    The whole season is disappointing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1