Mexico48 Rumour Discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Hedoko Akina

Hedoko Akina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    If Mexico gets one. America should be next!
    The 48 shall inherit the earth.
    Mwahahahaha.

Just kidding. It might be cool if it happened, I might even check out their music if it did.
    But it seems a bit fart fetched when I try to imagine it.

2. allihx

allihx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Besides the supposed language difference between 'neutral' Spanish and 'mexican' Spanish -- which I see as none, really. LOTS of TV shows were distributed through all Latin America using Mexican Spanish and no one had trouble with understanding it.

Anyyyyyway. What I wanted to say is:

It's unlikely that we will get a MEX48. Why? Because of the culture shock that having underage girls working as idols with miniskirts it will cause in Mexico (mexican oshi here). Even working girls at the age of 17 is scandalous.

Also, Japanese girls have this tendency of 'blossoming beauty' starting from 14 years old or 15 years old; with mexicans (most of the time) it's around the time they are 19 years old or even 20 years old. So, I think that if AkiP wants to make it work with really pretty girls from Mexico, without having trouble of people bashing the group for pedophiles only -- he'd have to allow older girls to apply. I don't know.. probably a SDN48 similar concept?

To be honest ...
    I do believe a Latin America (be it Mexico or whichever country you want to use for an example) group is more probable than a USA48.

3. Criss

Criss Member

Not gonna happen, at least in the next 5 years or so.

4. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Well... just what i think. thanks Criss.

5. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    So...are the rumors in MXC48 settled down?

6. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Nothing was said... yet...
    But, Pedro Damián is known here for working TOO MUCH SLOW...
    ... and in this year had been a LOT of rumors about RBD´s coming back
    ... AND the TV network that he is associated is getting renewed this month...
    ... is too soon to leave this issue on the freezer

7. Radioactive Man

Radioactive Man Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yuko Oshima is in Mexico right now.....hmmm....do you guys think that might have something to do with it!? Obviously she graduated ages ago but she is still very close with Akimoto-san (there is a picture of Yuko & Aachan with him in NY on her Insta a few months ago) so maybe she is helping him make it happen?? Just a thought.

8. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Wait what... Yuko is here????:blink:

9. Radioactive Man

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
  10. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    I was expecting she being in CDMX, not Acapulco TBH :^^;:

11. Radioactive Man

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    She is always travelling - so who knows! Maybe you will meet her! You are now in the same country!! :)

12. aquaticdragons

aquaticdragons Kenkyuusei

Every time AKB has a big concert, big announcements are expected. Since mexico48 wasn't announced last year along with the other overseas 48, I wonder if perhaps it will be announced this time around (assuming plans didn't fall through).

So, I decided to look at Pedro Damian's twitter. He is the Mexican producer that met with Aki-p at the end of 2015. While looking through his twitter I made an interesting find.

When I saw these pictures, I jokingly told my sister that in the back you could see plans for mexico48, and pointed to the 48 that can be seen at the top. After looking closely at it, I realized it really was about akb48 and perhaps mexico48?

Here are the pictures (the pictures in my desktop look horrible but on my phone they look much more clear, I don't know why). Quicknote: pictures are from late January, early February 2016.

Here is a translation of what I could make out. I'm not 100% positive everything is accurate since a lot is hard to make out, but I don't doubt that it really is about the 48 concept. Anyhow, if someone who knows how to read spanish or can decipher more of what's on the board by all means go ahead. Also, anyone who thinks some parts are different by all means please let us know. My sister and I found it fun trying to figure out what was on the board, but alas this is as much as we could figure out.
    akb-mex48 1 trans.jpg akb-mex48 2 trans.jpg

By the way in the board it says Sabritas, which is a large company in mexico that makes chips/snacks. I'm guessing it's one of their sponsors.

13. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!
    *cringes*

Well, i tried to see more in that picture... whatever it is, is truly 48G based...

... and expected to be a mixed group.

14. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    It looks just like a brainstorming session, nothing to be alarmed just yet :^^;:

15. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    I would love a 48 group in Mexico!

I think there's always going to be purists who reject non-Japanese 48 groups, especially those outside of Asia, but personally I'm more interested in the concept of *48 than the fact that it's a Japanese group, so I'd follow them regardless of where they're from. Also I think Mexico would do really well with producing such a group, they've made some awesome girl groups before. Jeans comes to mind as one that had a very idol-like sound:

16. Hayuucchan

Hayuucchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    WHAT?! Why now that I am 22 and no fit for an cute underage idol :'c
    I actually do not know how to feel.. I would really like a Mexico48 but... I don't know...

And I don't really think a cutesy idol group can survive here right now... I can already see people bashing them...

17. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Prayer circle so it doesn't happen [hehe] Not under the 48 flag, no.

18. ranchu

ranchu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    obviously is talking about AKB48 but nothing has been confirmed, and it looks that it's going to be girls from different countries from what I see written on the board, maybe that's what it refereed with mix.

19. aquaticdragons

aquaticdragons Kenkyuusei

With the recent announcement of Produce48, I decided to check if there was anything that might hint at a Mexico48.

It just so happens that the Mexican producer, Pedro Damian, the one who had met with akimoto two years ago has recently arrived in Japan.

He could be there just to see AKB's anniversary and or their Kohaku. OR it could be that a MEXICO48 is definitely in the works and may soon be announced.

Since the anniversary has passed and a team shuffle occurred, perhaps the earliest it could be announced is at KOHAKU or REQUEST HOUR?

Anyways, here is the link to Pedro Damian's Instagram
    arriving to JAPAN
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BccJFGDnk0q/?hl=en&taken-by=pedrodamian01
    AND WITH AKIMOTO
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcefe_ZHZaw/?hl=en&taken-by=pedrodamian01

I think there is a big chance that Mexico48 announcement is nearing. The producer has recently been working on a new project which is going to be a new group...so people get ready it might just be that MEXICO48 IS COMING SOON!

20. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    Isn't Damian recruting for a boys and girls group that's supposed to be the 2nd RBD? Which by the way won't top the original <3 lol