1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Yes, exactly what bonjourmarlene just said. I would have no issues whatsoever with Miichan dating someone while in the group, but not a guy who defended Zuumin's almost husband. It would be slightly less worrying if the rumors said they were just dating, because it would be simpler to get out of it, but engaged? Really hope it's not true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Apart from that, what is it that attracts borderline creepy guys to Miichan, remember that bass player that basically stalked her while she was 16 or so.
    And there were persistent rumours about a very rich IT guy being very interested in Miichan.

And then there was that time bunshun tried to link Miichan to a fraudster as they were seen chatting at a party.

Btw, I have no idea about this guy, but being, self proclaimed, madly in love with Miichan for 6 years or so? that's kinda weird.

to be honest, call me old fashioned, but I'd like her to find just a steady normal guy, not some flashy celebrity
    (not that I should have any say in the matter of course :) )

to be honest, what's also disconcerting is that bunshun cites an unknown source who claimed to have frequently stayed over at Miichan's ....
    Talking to bunshun about Miichan is the lowest possible betrayal there is in my book.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

Oh , the irony.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    God I know... when I saw the engagement rumours pop up earlier today, I thought about that post as well...

And I also thought Miichan has a history of bad choices with men. I feel sorry for her because she's always been the kind to crave attention – it was a running joke after all that she'd do everything for screen time. She might feel like obsessive personalities are a true sign of love.

It seems they are definitely dating but I have actually no clue about the engagement rumours.
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2207422/full/

The article is a bit repetitive but yeah... there you have it. Not entirely sure what to make of it.

5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, the only actual choice was Alan Shirahama, from what I understand all the other instances seemed to be pretty unilateral.

anyway .... both agencies basically say: there was no engagement proposal, they are on good terms and please mind your own business
    make of that whatever you want.

In other news, Tenso received a package for me, so I'm guessing it's the fanclub item?
    It arrived in the Netherlands on Monday ... but it has been stuck in customs till today .... because since beginning this year you have to pay custom duties even for small packages, and if you pay you get 'better' service :)

btw the fanclub is divided in "I'm happy when Miichan is happy" and "It's private, Miichan will tell us if she's ready, please don't speculate"

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    There was another guy known as KAZMAX who she was seen with a couple of years ago, it was alleged that he'd been involved in some sort of Bitcoin scam. There was a series of posts about him at the time starting here: link

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    That's the fraudster I was talking about, but imho it looked like they just wanted to drag Miichan into that whole sordid affair (ow, just followed your link and found myself jumping to Miichan's defence :/ )

8. Sashirin

Sashirin Kenkyuusei

Somewhat old news about Miichan that may be no one mentioned yet. She went on the Variety show Shujii ga Mitsukaru Shinryousho. Basically, a medical/health related show where they do a physical check on an entertainer. Most famously, it's the same show in which Yukirin went on, and she found out that she had some bone related disease that she had to went to an operation for. It was an interesting show for Miichan. She went for a physical check up and consulted some of her health problem. She said that she recently doesn't sleep very well or very deeply even after a tired and long day. The doctors advised her to not eat as many sweets at night and refrain from using the phone an hour before sleep. It also showed her recent schedule to be very busy, often having 3 recordings or 3 location filmings per day.

upload_2021-9-17_21-36-47.jpeg
    (Her recent 3 day schedule. Yellow = work, filming, radio, or location filming. Gray = eating. Blue = sleeping. Green = private time.)

upload_2021-9-17_23-37-8.jpeg
    (introducing her normal routine and investigating the cause of her difficulty in getting good sleep.)

From the physical check up, they found that she had kidney stone 4 mm in size on her left kidney from CT scan. =_=... It's small enough that there is no need for operation. But big enough and close enough to the urinary track that the doctors advised her to drink more water and don't drink as much alcohol, among other things. As she seem to be a heavy drinker.
    upload_2021-9-17_23-26-17.jpeg
    Her kidney stone.

upload_2021-9-17_23-54-0.jpeg

mod edit: please don't post oversized pics, I changed them to thumbnails for you

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I already mentioned Miichan has been extremely busy since her graduation, I think she and her management are well aware of the fact they need to launch her career as a tarento using the buzz created by her graduation and woman's mental.
    So right now that means taking every job offer available.

I'll still maintain Miichan might not have had the appeal of a kami-7 idol, but she does have the skill set to survive (or maybe even thrive) as a tarento.

(added bonus for Miichan, it seems people think she gets prettier with age)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Miichan has just tweeted the following:
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1439169967979589632

この度は、個人的なことでお騒がせしています。皆様からの温かい言葉がとてもとても嬉しいです。これからも人として、タレントとして、面白い!応援したい!と思ってもらえる様に努力していきますので、どうぞよろしくお願いします。ちゃんと歯磨きしてもらいます [toothbrush emoji]

Neither Google nor DeepL seems to make a good translation of the first sentence but I'll go with the latter:

I would like to apologize for any personal disturbance this may cause. I am very, very happy to hear your warm words. I will continue to be interesting as a person and as a celebrity! I want to support you! I will do my best to make you think that I am interesting and want to support you. I will have my teeth brushed properly.

And Sasshi and her have now started a series of replies [hehe]

Sasshi:
    Don't ask me to brush your teeth, don't you remove your makeup (angry)

Miichan:
    stop! !! !! !! Don't break it up! !! !! !! Also, don't talk like Fuwa-chan! !! !! !!

(Fuwa-chan is a comedian/talento who ISTR co-hosts a TV show with Sasshi)

And Miichan's Tweet has been quickly picked up by ModelPress:
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/2776925

11. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    ^Lol is this a confirmation or not?:lol::^^;:
    Welp I hope not, this guy is screaming the wrong aura....:fear:

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    it might not be clear from Miichan's tweet, but in the ModelPress article you can find that he confirmed it, and the toothbrush thing has to do with him not always brushing his teeth daily
    she basically says: "I'm going to make him brush his teeth every day"

I want to point out what a great friend Sasshii always turns out to be for Miichan, even thought they were rivals in AKB as variety queens they always were the best of friends and while Sasshii admitted to be a little envious of Miichan in the past, Miichan never had any problem with Sasshii's immense popularity.
    (and then Sasshi made Miichan cry by asking her to direct the MV for =LOVE ... which was one of the cutest, heartwarming things ever)

and I wondered if it was ok to make this public, but Miichan confirmed she was dating in the fanclub as well.

I'm just going to quote this tidbit from the (rather long) fanclub post
    so there you have it, Miichan is happy and no one will know what the future brings

o, Tetsuya made a statement on YouTube

if the video does not show watch the video here
    btw his video seems to be #1 on trending in Japan

(ow, bonus point for him, he's a cat person)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Hiroyuki, the founder of 2chan and the host of the 'We got surpassed by Nogizaka' TV show, has today posted a new video on his channel in which he talks about Miichan and Tetsuya (but I don't understand enough of what he says to know if he's being positive or negative about their relationship):

14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi

mmm he sounds more appealing every day... /s

• Like Like x 2
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think I should rectify this "not always brushing his teeth daily in the past", that was sloppy writing by me, sorry

About the 2chan crowd, not sure how Hiroyuki thinks about it, but 2chan has always been a cesspool of hatred for Miichan (but then again it's a cesspool of hatred, period)

in other news .... this just arrived from Japan :)
    [​IMG]
    snack cafe '31'

btw Miichan's confirmation tweet has over a 100.000 likes
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1439169967979589632

ow, I forgot to mention, she confirmed her relation in the fanclub 6 hours before she sent her tweet.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sashirin

Sashirin Kenkyuusei

On the brushing teeth conversation. I think it goes like this:

Miichan: ..... I will brush my teeth well.
    Sashi: I didn't tell people about others brushing your teeth. Also, please remove your own make up. (angry)
    Miichan: Stop!! Don't reveal my stuff any more!! Also, don't talk like Fuwa chan!!
    Sashi: (Love)

I think Sashi may have referencing that she often take care of Miichan when Miichan stayed over at her place. Apparently, they stayed at each other's place quite often even now. Long time ago, Sashi have mentioned that once when she had too much to drink, Miichan took Sashi to Miichan's house, took off Sashi's clothes and put her to bed. By the time, Sashi woke up the next day, Miichan already off to work.

https://twitter.com/345__chan/status/1439170626657263622
    Separately, Sashi retweet Miichan's tweet and put a note that says "Urgent Recruitment. People who are my fans."

17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Mitz Mangrove who appeared with Miichan on TOKYO MX "Goji ni muchu!" posted this on her instagram
    ===============
    It's like a two-handed peace.
    It looks like you're happy.

To the people of the world, please continue to take good care of my little sister.
    ---------------------------
    [​IMG]

iirc, a long time ago she was being rather mean to Miichan on a TV show, but changed her mind after she got to know Miichan better and they then became good friends.

this was posted before Miichan's dating news came out and Miichan does look radiant

As an aside, a lot of people in the fanclub worried if Miichan would post again in the group chat after the news broke, as it would obviously be kinda hard as some fans (just a few though) reacted negatively to the news.
    She, as I mentioned before, posted a statement well before going public on twitter, but she might of course not feel as comfortable to talk to the fanclub members.
    Miichan has mentioned having the tendency to run away from problems, but yesterday she resumed posting in the fanclub group chat again.

Miichan will be a guest on "Nice to meet you! Farthest relatives", a show looking into celebrities' heritage
    I'm curious wat kind a things show up :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Miichan at a media event for something called the 'Halloween Jumbo Lottery':

She also appears briefly in this video:

• Like Like x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    It's a lottery, and they asked Miichan what she would do if she won the main prize .... she said she would open a national chain of gyoza restaurants ... because, as we know, she loves gyoza .... and shrimp, but no tomatoes :D

the funny thing of course it that Oricon and MyNavi News are not focusing in the description for the videos on the reason of the event, the lottery, but on Miichan's relationship.

btw, Miichan looks relaxed and confident.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Former AKB48 Minami Minegishi (28) appeared with Milk Boy at the online "Halloween Jumbo Lottery" and "Halloween Jumbo Mini" release commemorative event on the 22nd. Appeared in the first event after discovering her love for YouTuber unit "Tokai OnAir" Tetsuya (27). Minegishi, who appeared in a Halloween witch-style dress, did not touch on dating, but she gave a happy aura with a smile from beginning to end.

https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2021/09/23/0014700880.shtml

• Like Like x 2