1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. UntilYou_FindMe

UntilYou_FindMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Indeed!

I've seen something about the first season and I think I've already seen that format over here in my country, but I can't remember for the life of me how is it called... Anyway, I remember it was pretty funny in the nonsensical way, at least over here

Miichan's about to have a blast MCing that, she's been training to comment on nonsense since AKBest Top 10:lol:

2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan get's mentioned in this house moving video by Abe Maria

if the video does not show watch the video here
    (it's around the 5:02 mark)
    pretty sure the reaction is 'kowai!' btw :)

Apparently Miichan gave her some sexy underwear (most likely when they were both in Minegishi Team K)

btw, the title of the song is 'your (tooth)brush' ..... what makes you wonder if maybe Miichan (or better, Tetsuysa) was an inspiration in a roundabout way for the song

article about the dating show
    https://encount.press/archives/321495/

It sounds a lot like 'Temptation Island', just like 'Terrace House' sounds a lot like 'Big Brother'.
    Both of which sprout from the sordid minds at Endemol, a Dutch TV production company.
    For all of these I offer my heartfelt apologies.

I hope the Japanese version has a bit more class, from what I've read Terrace House at least was not as bad as Big Brother (even though it had a huge scandal)

(I might add, Japanese TV shows can be pretty extreme in their own way of course)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  3. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I sincerely hope it won't go on THAT kind of bad, those shows get intense over here:fp:

Also what's up with Tetsuya and not washing his teeth? I keep seeing comments (translated with Google translate, but you get the gist) about him needing to "after all" brush his teeth and often this statement gets paired with something about not being able to eat cream puffs... I've heard that Tokai OnAir does some kind of dumb challenges and punishment games, such as prohibiting the loser from eating certain foods (hence the not being able to eat cream puffs?) but... I SINCERELY hope it's just a bad habit of his

Or that's gonna be a real YIKES from me

4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Today was the second session of the fanclub online 'handshakes'
    To make the day fun for those as well who were unable to participate Miichan shared several behind the scenes videos from her last theatre performance and the photoshoots for her birthday goods

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1538161841632735232
    [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1538156002792464384
    That's kinda funny coming form someone who has been in so many MV's its hard to count :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Miichan is quite literally checking off her wishlist of jobs basically at this point[hehe]

A mini live sounds super exciting, it would be awesome to see Mii go on and do her favorite songs and choreos... Recently I found snippets of her doing performances by requests at some Handshake events and those were totally awesome

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I guess you should be able to see somewhere how many members there are in the fanclub, but I hove no idea, it does seems she sold out both days, but that was after they lifted the 1 minute limit per member after the first round (which is kinda fair)
    They had 5 sessions per day, so I guess more fans in the fanclub I expected (as some fans expressed disappointment over not getting a slot)

I also understood if there were connection problems at the time of your slot they would try to call you at the end of the session, and they even told people to install zoom for if the app would not work for them.
    There were some problem last week, and they had some delays, but this week seems to have gone to plan.
    So kudos to M&S for organising it and thinking about eventualities.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Pretty sure the UK version of this is 'Love Island', which is airing again right now over here. I know some people who are properly obsessed with it [hehe] I've not watched it actually, but I've played the mobile game version, so I understand how it works. The attempt is mainly to get people to play games in bikinis and trunks on a tropical island, and hope that the sight of naked skin and the heat will cause tension, sex and drama. It's not the worst dating show out there (cough cough Naked Attraction). If you find conventionally hot people attractive, the show might be nice to watch [hehe]

Iirc in an attempt to become both less shallow and less stereotypical, the UK version had a 'curvy' contestant (not really) and one disabled contestant. I think as time goes on they'll become better shows.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    ^^^ I think that was exactly the one I was thinking about... Here we know it mostly for the memes that came out of our local version so I'm looking forward to seeing the Japanese version with Miichan's comments[hehe][hehe]

Hope they will upload the episodes also on BiliBili so I can watch them easily

9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    member of the fanclub were talking about receiving their membership card .... and I was like, wait, what? ... did I miss something?

ok, found it, you can order one for 500 yen (if you are a member of course)
    [​IMG]

of course with shipping and custom duties it might get pretty expensive for something that only costs 3.50 Euro :/

Miichan's twitter:
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1540341818029617152
    my reaction: when? when? when? :D
    ow, I have my answer
    https://twitter.com/MoeChu4/status/1540300841990901760

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Bold of Miichan to believe that we would want anything less than being her fans for life

The time I spent trying to remember if I missed some MV was so embarassing that I'm now questioning my english abilities. ANYWAY, YAY for another Mii starring MV!!! Plus this guy is actually a vibe with his music, so I'm looking forward to this!

She's so busy recently, I love it

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan appeared on one of the many 'we go somewhere, walk a bit, talk and eat' programs :)
    short video below (no sound)
    [​IMG]

The chef must haven been so chuffed with that reaction :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Yukirin talks about Miichan and their competing tv shows. Yukirin will be MC of Season 2 of ABEMA's original love program "Second Chance Wedding."
    "Minami Minegishi, who worked with AKB48, will also serve as MC on ABEMA's love program "Shuffle Island" (starting on the 28th). I got information that I was doing a different program, so I couldn't lose to Kashiwagi. " Then Kashiwagi also revealed her thoughts to Minegishi, "I've had a long relationship, and Mi-chan also liked the love reality show."

https://encount.press/archives/324513/

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan had tickets to see the 'Spirited away' Theatre production in Nagoya for a second time (first time she saw it in Tokyo) but it got cancelled at the last minute (I'm guessing due to corona)
    She was really looking forward to it (travelling to Nagoya from Tokyo (or Osaka) kinda proves that), she said it reminded her of the reaction the cancelation of her gradcon and the first Rocky Horror Show performance.
    btw, DeepL gave me a different translation of Yukirin's remarks
    I the google translation it looks like Miichan was quoted, but in the DeepL translation is't just Yukirin, a second person (co-host?) and the interviewer, which seems more logical to me.

btw, somehow I doubt Yukirin ever saw Miichan as a rival, always ranking significantly higher
    On the other hand I think Miichan only ever saw Sasshii as her 'rival' as 'variety queen' of AKB
    (and even than it was more like pure respect of each others talk abilities)

not saying Miichan might not have felt somewhat jealous at times, although Miichan doesn't come off as someone who is jealous (and apart from that must have learned to deal with it ever since Nagisa no Cherry)

Miichan went golfing .... I guess for the first time as it says:
    [​IMG]
    anyway .... it's not a Gorurun outfit, she maybe should have contacted Ranran ;)

I like it though ...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Maharajan, in who's MV miichan appeared (and will appear in another one tomorrow) had a concert and Miichan attended
    [​IMG]
    And yes, that's Atarashii Gakkou, it was a dual header concert
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1541783685761929221
    here's what I suspect to be a shot from the new MV, it will premiere on 18:00 JST
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/MoeChu4/status/1541783302977495040
    Miichan also commented on Shuffle Island which also starts shortly, a preview was released today
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/1541765148028719104

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Miichan was in this guy's tweet
    https://twitter.com/eVb5LB42Zx550ys/status/1541467065756061696?t=oekNCthzd-oipgDA6dNrtg&s=19

I believe he might be someone from the Tokai OnAir team, as there's also a quote tweet from one of the main frontmen about it... (Google translate gives me something about the guy in the picture stealing the opportunity from Tetsuya skhsishske)

Mainly everyone's reaction was "this guy stole Miichan's first photo with the Tokai OnAir crew LMAO" and "FINALLY Miichan!! idc if it's not a photo with Tetsuya"
    She's so loved:cute::cute:

16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I saw that ... and thought ... just 3 years ago a photo like that would have caused a huge scandal :/

17. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    OH DEFINITELY
    But now everyone just seems honestly excited to see them together

Plus I've literally found a channel on Youtube that compiles moments in which the Tokai OnAir guys talk about Miichan and let's be honest. That guy is head over heels for sure
    And all the others are always up to say nice things (from my very limited Japanese knowledge and Google Translator), with all the comments translating to "they are all so supportive and protective of her"

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    the second MV dropped

if the video does not show watch the video here
    ok, if you need something to brighten your day, this is it!!!!!

Miichan, not just 'The Last One', but also the idol who became an IDOL after graduating ;)

She and the two kids looked like having so much fun :)

lyrics (well, assuming these are the lyrics)
    someone commented: Miichan's cuteness in full bloom.

family photo ;)
    [​IMG]

ow, more comments:
    Seems like some people agree with me that Miichan became more idolish after graduating

ow, after thinking about it a bit, I think I know what it is .... Miichan is having so much fun!
    If you look at older performances of for instance Gyakuten Oujisama it was the same, having fun as if she had no care in the world, and during big concerts Miichan was also always like that (Tenshi no shippo or Miniskirt no Yosei at Toyo Dome).
    But the last years, maybe starting 2016 or so) on TV shows at the third row you could not see that joy, she still enjoyed performing but it was not the same ,not as carefree.

Here it's back, with a vengeance :)

https://twitter.com/th85s/status/1542073472956133377
    I was thinking, why does this account show up in my twitter feed, and why do they retweet the video?
    Then the penny dropped .... that's Miimama or Miipapa :)

And then I wondered how their pub is doing and if it's still open :/
    The answer, I don't know, they retweet a lot of Miichan related news, but before corona it was mostly advertisements fro new speciality beers and such.
    Last bar related tweet seems to be from last year where they announce they will be closed from July 12th to August 22nd to conform to the government request.

this tweet is pinned for May 27th
    諸事情により休業しております。 営業再開の目処が立ちましたら改めて報告させていただきます。
    We are closed due to various reasons. We will report again when the business is about to resume.

I often wonder how some Ruyokan we visited in Japan are doing now, corona must have hit those hard as well

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  19. UntilYou_FindMe

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    That MV is just too cute!! I'm not sure what it is, but this is some quality MV, love it

I'm not sure if the dance was choreographed by someone or by Miichan herself, but it's clear she's really enjoying it all! Some steps reminded me of some old AKB title tracks (my mind going to that jumpy intro step in Labrador Retriever... I had even forgotten I knew the choreo to that one)

Also I agree with all the comments, she seriously glows 100% more now:cute: That Miniskirt no Yousei performance back in 2012 was extremely cute and carefree and I'm happy she found that joy again! (I always thought that at Tokyo Dome they were totally setting her up to go into Team B and take out her more idolish side, making her do Tenshi No Shippo, Miniskirt no Yousei and Candy, all super cute and kinda "burikko" songs... well now she's out here being the cutest idol/non-idol ever[hehe][hehe])

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The MV lists MiE as choreographer but she might have had some input

But Team K, especially at that moment in time, was the energetic team, Team B were the pink fluffy idols
    And ... they transferred her together with Tomochin who they wanted to contrast with Yuko, to give Yuko competition (Tomochin said so herself in one of the documentaries)
    They (Aki-P) did tell Miichan she would have more opportunities in Team K but after that transfer happened they seem to have concentrated on Tomochin vs. Yuko .... and kinda forgot about Miichan (although she did get Gyakuten Oujisama)
    Miichan in the same documentary states that she's always at the back (they show her in Hebirote from the back (all the way on the left in the back)) but that she realises that there are still people specifically watching her.