Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    As Rurouni said, Paruru is with Big Apple (ビッグアップル),and the Japanese wikipedia lists only four artists as clients:
    • 中山美穂
    • 西村ミツアキ
    • 松永京子
    • 島崎遥香 (元AKB48)
    It is small, but it is affiliated with Burning, which is number 1. So small alone doesn't mean that much if the agency has good contacts.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ビッグアップル_(港区)

2. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Well, I can be wrong, and I'd love to be wrong in this case. But again… considering which members they have there… I find it hard to put any faith in them. Takamina is the most successful of the bunch and we know she pretty much manages herself. Nyannyan knows basically everyone who matters in the fashion world. Mayu's situation is best described as a head-scratcher. And if we loop back to the beginning of this conversation, we all know how “well” managed our dear queen is. So… evidence isn't on their side.

Also, even if an agency lists less talent than they have, they'll definitely list the best/most famous ones. Which, again, in their case would be kind of pitiable.

My impression is that they used to be big at some point, but not anymore.

But I hope I'm wrong.

3. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Miichan interview on WEB

if the video does not show watch the video here

AKB event

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  4. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Slightly frustrated that Miichan wasn't picked for Media Senbatsu.

• Like Like x 1
  5. khaulabear

khaulabear Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ME TOO!! huhu.. been waiting for her to be in senbatsu again -.-

6. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Seriously, I have no idea why she is staying in AKB. Its just literally draining her of what could be her peak. She is too amazing to stay in a group who can't even see how amazing she is.

7. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I think it must be obvious to everyone that Miichan simply enjoys being an idol. I'm sure she gets all kinds of perks from remaining in AKB that she may not get once she graduates. I assume she likes being around the younger girls and being on stage. We all get the impression that some girls really didn't care for the ''idol lifestyle'' and everything that goes with it (Maeda comes to mind right away and I'm sure there were many others). Miichan is probably the polar opposite. And she's a modest, humble girl who seems to lack a massive ego and doesn't take it personally when she isn't treated as well by management as she deserves. I wouldn't feel bad for our girl. She's doing what she loves. I wish she would stay longer but at some point we all know she'll grow bored and graduate.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I'm not too much interested in the music videos or the performances in the theater.
    Because I can only see her for a few seconds, always hidden by the rest of the generic members of the first two rows.
    Maybe this will change now that she is the only one of the 1st generation.

I suppose the managment are waiting some time to make her farewell concert and bring from the museum all the graduates.
    They will sell many tickets, they will allow Michan sing a couple of songs and be center for a while and when appear Acchan, Mariko, Yuuko and the others, they will send her to the bottom again.

I am a fan of AKBingo (or I used to be, but that's another topic) and some variety shows the group: "AKB48 Show" "SKE48 EbiSho" "Keyabingo!" etc,
    I feel that since Miichan is no longer at AKBingo, it is as if she had already graduated.

9. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Miichan has been selected for the 48th single. Congrats Miichan!

11. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

In keeping with the imminent arrival of springtime, here's a little analogy that I've created about Miichan. For those of you who aren't baseball fans, please forgive my clumsy attempts at comparision:

Every great team has such a player. He's the GRIZZLED OLD vet who seems to have been a part of the team since the game was invented-----way back when. But if truth be told, he's not grizzled at all, because he has kept himself in marvelous shape over the years. Today, our man is as fit and strong as he has ever been and everyone in the clubhouse knows that to be true, whether it is spoken aloud or not. He has kept himself in fine form, partly, out of pride and vanity, no doubt, but also because he knows that is what we demand of him. And we are acutely and painfully aware of the extent of the sadness and remorsefulness he exhibits whenever he has failed to live up to our lofty expectations. And he's not that old, either. It merely seems that way to many folks because he has played in so many games for so very many seasons. He doesn't get to play as often as he once did, not because his considerable skills have been eroded by time or by injury, but because management now deems it necessary to promote their younger players-----the more ''glamorous'' and ''appealing'' players, who, bursting with youth and seemingly-limitless potential, are seen as the future of the team. It is these youngsters who anxiously await their chances at the superstardom our man has enjoyed for so many years. Many older players would bristle at such treatment. Most would, invariably, feel hurt by such a demotion and would, in turn, weaken the team with juvenile manifestations of poutiness and spite. But not our man. He knows that, if called upon, he still has what it takes to carry his team, but it is not for him to decide such matters, because he is, first and foremost, the consummate teammate. This newer role, at times, makes him seem more like a coach than an active member of the team. Our man may feel some sadness over such a curious turn of events, but he will never express those feelings to his fans and will remain as upbeat and professional as ever. He knows his main job now is to prepare his teammates to excel when they are given their chances for stardom and glory. He is a teacher, a parent, an advisor. He possesses two strong shoulders,one to lean on and the other to cry on, but most of all, he is a role model. When he talks, they listen and rightfully so because our man speaks with the voice of experience, of kindness and of humility. The road he has travelled to get to this moment has been a difficult one, as his fans can attest but it is the bumps and bruises and losses and disappointments, along with the gallons of tears shed that has made him the living legend that we see today. We would all be wise to appreciate him on a daily basis because the day will soon come when he graces us with his presence no longer.

Thank you to those who took the time to read this. I hope you liked it.

12. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    That's not an analogy, you just described her :lol: switching some words like member for player. I'm not a fan of baseball (or really any sport) but I'm pretty sure I've never heard of a case like that, except possibly in wrestling. AFAIK seasoned players with a great track record are treated as stars until they retire.

Also, I'm going to call a “nope” here, because Takamina wasn't treated like that, or Kojiharu, or Mayuyu, or Yukirin. If anything, you could claim she chose to focus more on being a mentor and captain… but even then Takamina got quite enough spotlight when she was general manager.

In the end, it's simple. There's the occasional episode of “gut feeling push” that we never understand, or even “political push” when an agency leans in. But mostly, 48G works by popularity. If a girl sells handshake tickets and goods and gets votes and louder theater calls, she gets more air time. Call it meritocracy, or hearing the fans, or even “lean startup”; it's how it is. So we don't need to puzzle over why management treats her as they do… rather, if we want, we can puzzle over why she's not more popular, and that again might just be due to focusing more on mentoring and the theater.

On the other hand what does get me is why AKBINGO abandoned her. I was until last week assuming it had to do with the scandal and it seems other people assume that too, but I've been rewatching the show and I'm currently about to end 2014 and really, there's a lot of Miichan in 2014. Not quite as much as 2012 of course, but a lot. She even co-MC'd a few events (like the AKVegas revival). I've yet to reach the point where she disappears… so maybe I'll have a better idea when I do.

I guess for us present-time Miichan fans, part of the package is “the mystery that is Minegishi Minami”?

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  14. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That looks tasty... :drool:
    I guess they aren't on a diet, because it looks fattening, too... [hehe]

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  18. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Miichan appears in 忍24時 on 03/29
    (She is in the studio watching the vtr. For her part her reccommended place was her parent's pub and a party place. Her parents and younger brother make an appearance. Miichan's part was short but very entertaining.)

Part 1:

Part 2: Miichan parent's pub @46:00

19. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu