Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    My hair colour changed as I got older; I was born a ginger. I started dyeing my hair when I was about 11 so I was unaware my natural hair colour was for a loooong time but I've finally allowed the dye to grow out and I've discovered it's ashy brown these days. It didn't really lighten during the summer, but my ends, which were dyed light brown/ginger went almost blonde in the summer. I guess the lighter your natural hair colour is the easier it will lighten in the summer sun.

2. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Create a channel on Youtube & You'll have my sword sub :)

3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    How did the Miichan thread suddenly warp into a hairstyle thread? ;)
    otoh ... knowing how often Miichan changes her hair style (and no, not in that way!) it's kinda fitting :D
    Aren't you free to open an new topic dedicated to it? or would that break forum rules if it entails criticism of members or triggering their wotas?

call it "Durbano's barbershop, everything you wanted to know about Idols' hairstyles but were afraid to ask!" :D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  4. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Hahaha!! Very good. All of you are correct. My apologies for digressing into other unrelated subject matter here. I've let my lunatic opinions and conspiracy theories concerning Yuki's haircut seep onto other threads. My bad. I will cease and desist immediately.

5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ow ... this wasn't meant to be a cease and desist notice at all!!! if it came over like that I would like to offer one of the many, many Japanese ways to apologise ... is kome na sai ok? or should I use something more formal? ;)

6. richard durbano

dutchie, I've come to realize that many folks take these threads very very seriously. I think it should be a fun place to joke around and enjoy each other's opinions on everything AKB. You seem to have the same mentality, but others obviously don't see it that way and view unrelated opinions and jokiness as sacrilegious. My silliness about Yukirin's haircut have some of her fans on the verge of irritation with me over on her thread. I want to be careful not to bring out the wrath of too many souls here on Miichan's thread, lest I incur the wrath of the moderators.

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, I haven't been around here for too long (long enough for a pair of slaps on the wrist though, all my fault :/)
    But the followers of Minegishi-san seem to be a pretty laid back group ( and that's no more the natural as we have the most awesomest versatile funny smart pretty oshimen ever ;) )

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  8. richard durbano

I gotta tell ya, it's always been difficult for me to have a favorite girl. All of them seem so cute and talented and hard-working, I tend to pull for all of them. I can't think of a single member that I flat out disliked---ever. A few haven't interested me much, but to pick an oshi from so many girls seems next to impossible----at least, for me.

9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    First AKB MV I ever saw was KFC ... and the one that stood out then was Mariko, being so tall compared to the others
    then I started searching for more AKB related stuff and I stumbled on the 'aitakatta' episode with Miichan and Mr. Beaver and she was just adorable in that.
    Then there was the 600 seconds episode, in which she drops her wrap ...
    TV tropes has as one of her attributes 'adorkable' and I think that's it for me, she quirky, in a good way imho
    Things like kicking Sata in the Idoling AKBingo episode, I can't see anyone else (apart from Yuko maybe) doing that, or the complete over the top happiness on winning the sumo match against takamina or in the AKBingo episode 97 where Yamaguchi Tatsuya was going to choose his oshimen and called her Gachapin ... and in episode 98 selected her for the first round, those things

if the video does not show watch the video here

And seeing her grow as a person is kinda amazing, from being the benjamin of the group to being the last 1st gen and captain.
    And with the happiness there are the sad/moving parts .. Maeda's last theater show where Miichan had a complete melt down, the general election after her scandal, yuko trying to cheer her up while Miichan is obviously terrified out of her wits, after that the interview backstage with her parents.

oops ... sorry it's gotten a bit long ...
    tl;dr ... I like Miichan because she's different
    (and I still like Mariko as well btw ... or Yuko, or Takamina or Sasshi or Shiichan, those are all girls who are not your run of the mill idols imho)

ow and there are of course some things I'm not so keen on, e.g. Miichan doesn't have to stress she's the last 1st gen ... everybody knows that.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  10. richard durbano

Yeah, very true, Miichan really stood out on those first few years of AKBingo. She was so calm and confident on camera and she actually seemed as though she WANTED to be there. As opposed to some, she was made for variety. As obtuse as I can be sometimes, even I realized that many of the girls thought AKBingo was an absolute chore, especially when, as Miichan complained on camera, that taping 5 shows on one day could be a royal pain.[hehe] I'd watch an episode and funny Miichan would be my favorite until I'd see a video where Yukirin or Maeda or Mayuyu came over as heartbreakingly beautiful and then they'd become my oshis. After a while, I just gave up. I love them all.

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just spotted a 2-page interview with Miichan which was published today on the Japanese website The Page, hopefully it's of interest to anyone here who can read Japanese (or who can make sense of Google Translate!):

https://thepage.jp/detail/20170929-00000003-wordleaf

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Nobody can make sense of Google translate ... :)
    I had to read the first part twice before it dawned on me they were talking about her backflip ... and it only went downhill from there :)

regardless of google translate's faults ... thanks for the link!
    (btw, bing translate, used by twitter, is even worse .. Mii-chan consequently gets translated as Shii-chan ... (who btw I like as well, but that's another matter) )

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Lol yes the bing translator used on twitter is terrible, it makes me laugh sometimes. I usually copy tweets into Google Translator as they make at least a tiny bit more sense then...

14. 3iv1ipon

3iv1ipon Kenkyuusei

15. richard durbano

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    European 48g would be cool, but I can't see it happening within the forseeable future. A lot of western people still think music has to be honest and personal, and idols aren't exactly that. They are 'manufactured', put together without any regard for chemistry most of the time. So I think a lot of people that listen to western music would shame the way 48g are put together

17. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Even within Asia, many tend to think Idols & Artists are the same class.

Due to the different cultures, once a person who is not familiar with the terms sees a young and upcoming idol perform, they will tend to think "ooh man ...she's too young ... her dance & singing sux, " etc ... but for a person following & supporting the idol, he will see that she is improving, on the way to the start line, etc.

It's really interesting to see the reactions of such people, especially their behavior & mentality :^O^:

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest, I don't see an AMS48. happening at all, we have trouble enough with American imported social justice warrior antics as it is :/ , but apart from that it just doesn't fit with the Dutch 'culture' nowadays.
    Back in the 80ties we had a number of girl bands, Luv, Dolly Dots, Doris Dee and the Pins etc. (some of which were kinda successful in Japan as well iirc) but nowadays I don't think the idea would work, objectification of women ... it's pretty much frowned upon.
    ( guys with sixpacks and no shirts however seem to be no problem :D)
    From my own experience, my nieces find the whole idol idea pretty weird, ludicrous and even a bit insulting.

Anyway, the appeal of AKB48 for me is that they are Asian/Japanese girls, it just wouldn't work for me with European girls I think.
    (to be honest ... I'm not event that interested in JKT48 or MNL48)

Well, in the 80ties lots of acts were manufactured, Stock, Aitken and Waterman had plenty of bands, groups ... and Milly Vannilli, Venga Boys, Spice Girls, Back Street Boys etc. etc. ... manufactured bands aplenty that had success.
    I even dare to say a lot of current bands still are 'manufactured' ... all the Mickey Mouse club acts for instance ;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  19. richard durbano

I was joking, of course, with the idea of an Eastern European version of AKB. I can't even begin to imagine it. Maybe Miichan simply has the travel bug. Perhaps, one of the perks she gets, as a long-time member, is to travel abroad for free as a PR representative for the group. (?) I imagine the concept of an American version of AKB would probably be as popular as a fart in church.[hehe] I've always found it tedious even trying to explain the essence of AKB to my fellow Americans. :wall: People see me out and about, always sporting my headphones and trusty IPod Shuffle (replete with over 300 JPOP songs, and I've come to dread the inevitable ''whatcha listening to?'', because when I try to explain or give them a quick listen, they will ALWAYS get that odd look on their face which invariably tells me they think I've completely lost my mind. Like dutchie says, AKB is SO Asian and you either ''get it'' or you don't and no one I know, besides myself, has ever come close to getting it.

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    From what I got from the article she was there partly to record an TV item, featuring the castle of Elisabeth Báthory ... a not so nice lady (and that's an understatement), I expect they would be spinning it into a ghost story ... because Mrs. Báthory almost puts Vlad Dracul to shame :)
    And they mention Miichan discovers something in the castle at night ...

which can't have been something bad ... because a week later she was back in Tokyo :)

anyway ... more info about Mrs. B
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Báthory

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017