1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Our Miichan does get around. You think Slovakia (Eastern Europe) has many AKB fans? We all know AKB isn't exactly a ''worldwide'' phenomenon, but other than Africa, I can't imagine an area of the world that would have less exposure to all things AKB. Have the girls ever even toured in Europe?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Euh, you might want to rephrase that :D

Not a tour as far as I know, but they have performed at the Japan Expo(?) in Paris, must have been a few years back though.
    I must add, I'd rather see them in Japan, those Japanese fans are taking it to a whole new level, the Tokyo dome filled with lightsticks ... I would like to experience that.
    (but then again I would have liked to visit the theater this august, but there were no tickets available for foreigners at all ... nada :( ... disappointing, got to eat at the AKB Café though, and bought a Miichan fan (as in an implement to cool myself, not a person into Miichan ... that would be illegal ... and weird :D ) and two document sleeves )

3. Joachim

Joachim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    Joche74
    I was 3 weeks in Japan in August as well, and tried to get theater tickets for "Thumbnail" and Team A 7th Stage, but they were not available for oversea fans unfortunately. :(

4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeah, the week I was in Tokyo there was the birthday of Yukirin where Miichan was present and there was a Team K performance with Miichan on Thursday ... ah, well, I still had a great trip, Japan is awesome, even without AKB48, imho :)

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Nogizaka46 performed at the Japan Expo in Paris in 2014, is that perhaps what you're thinking of? As far as I'm aware no 48 groups have ever performed anywhere in Europe. (Wasamin performed last November at Hyper Japan in London but that of course was after her graduation.) (and please add me to the list of failed applicants for theater shows, Mikichan's grad stage took place while I was in Tokyo in March but no luck for me in getting a ticket.)

There's certainly some interest in Japanese idols here in the UK, when Moso Calibration visited this summer's Hyoer Japan they did 3 shows with large audiences and sold nearly 1000 copies of their compilation album CD:
    http://www.jpurecords.com/moso_calibration_sold_out/

6. Bunny

Bunny Kenkyuusei

Yukirin performed at the Japan Expo in Paris this year

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeah, but March was before they 'officially' announced they opened up the application process for foreigners .... and then never let them be eligible for tickets anyway :/
    The question was ... why bother?
    Euh, there was this?

if the video does not show watch the video here

There were even a few AKBingo episodes dedicated to them 'learning' French
    (I had French for 5 years in school ... je ne sais quoi, but it doesn't quite work like that :) )

8. Bunny

Bunny Kenkyuusei

^^
    Thank you. I became a fan of 46/48G recently so I don't know everything :blush:

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @dutchie Thank You from me too, 2009 was also a long time before I became a fan so I knew nothing about that!

(Incidentally I applied for theater shows via the Japanese AKB48 Ticket Center site using my hotel address but still no luck.)

10. deneth

deneth Kenkyuusei

Some AKB48 members performed in Japan Expo in 2009. I met miichan, and i got my PB signed by her. she was surprised

11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    @deneth what was she surprised about?

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Some people might argue that there were no real 'ace' members in that group (by 2009 standards)
    But I would have been a very happy camper if I would have been able to see them:
    Kitahara Rie, Sasshi, Akimoto Sayaka and last but not least Miichan

13. deneth

deneth Kenkyuusei

she was surprised that some foreigner had her PB. And more, a friend of mine got her PB signed too. So two people with her PB was amazing for her :)

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Ah, I think that also explains the reaction at 8:01 in the video from Ohori Megumi(?), otoh ... the guy in question seems like a Japanese expat, so having a PB wouldn't be that strange.

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I would have loved to see them all as well! Ah~

16. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
  17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Ahhh so cool! I don't know if I will be able to wait for the English translation and probably just watch it in Spanish [hehe]

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yeay .... English translation .. yes please ... I downloaded the movie a while back, but my Japanese language skills still don't surpass saying good morning and introducing myself :/
    (And as it happens I just finished watching Moshidora again )

19. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Thank goodness I understand Spanish! I can't wait for the full translated movie to be released

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ