1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Araran

Araran Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I thought it was the only xD What is your first language? I speak spanish.

Speaking of the new single, I was thrilled to see Miichan in Type A with Mayuyu and Yukirin. When I saw her in the MV she looked so beautiful. I have noticed that now Miichan is more "important" in the group. After the scandal his image was not the best of the group, but now it's on more TV shows, also that the dances have given him better places. It may not have the same popularity as before, but she is doing it.

2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    That man ain't right :blink: I shiver just from thinking about it.

Miichan's position in the most recent single is wonderful, I'm still absolutely elated. While her HS sales are not very good, she has a stable Sousenkyo Rank (much more than what could be said about other pushed members), lots of experience which allows her to handle anything thrown at her and excellent public recognition. She has an unusual beauty to her, which makes her stand out a little, and has an easygoing personality which helps to ease less experienced members into MCs and allows her to develop chemistry with many different kinds of members so she doesn't look awkward or out of place by their side.

Management seemed to have given up on Miichan but recently they started pushing her a little more and I think her UG center could have been one of the catalysts. It's much easier to see how a member fares in comparison to others when you give her a front position instead of shoving her to the back again and again, and Miichan hasn't lost much of her spark, no matter what people who believe she should be out of everything think. Even if she's not top tier in terms of popularity, she's established herself as a vital figure in the group, both onstage and offstage, and I don't think her importance can be played down just like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Welcome!! Bienvenido/a!! Don't worry about the language, there are people from everywhere here, and I'm sure you won't have any problems with it. :)

4. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Miichan in mayuyu grad con just too beautiful... :inlove: (& she does look more beautiful nowdays.. More woman like rather than cute.. ;))
    **ignore me.. I'm just passing through here.. Hehe.. :p
    Btw i like Miichan.. I don't hate her whatsoever despite of that "old school" scandal.. ;)
    & like @bonjourmarlene says, she deserve her SSK rank.. No matter what other says.. Just that i have this feeling she want to reach senbatsu again.. & if she does, then the time will come for her to announce grad.. :(

5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, she used to want it the past for sure, but that was partly so she could spend more time with her peers, Yuko, Takimina and Kojiharu, I think the fear of not ranking in the 2013 election was the scariest thing she faced (there used to be a clip on YouTube of Yuko trying to cheer Miichan up, and Miichan was close to catatonic :(), ranking 20th(?) must have been a huge relief.
    But since then she's always 'hovered' somewhere between 17th and 22nd, and I think she might have come to realise a ranking in the senbatsu is (sadly) never going to happen again.

but, let's face it .. it seems like ranking in the senbatsu is kinda overrated, it's just for one single, Sasshi was basically ignored apart from that single in the first year she came in first and Miichan managed to pop up rather prominently in plenty of shows (AKBingo, Mechaike ..) even after her demotion and dropping out of senbatsu.

There's always the thing, what's better, getting 16th .. or being center of the undergirls at 17th?
    (I think the latter is better, but when she achieved that ... why of all the costumes I've seen? .. why those hideous contraptions? :D )

Yeah, it would probably be her high water mark and there would be nowhere to go but down... otoh, if you saw her interaction with team 4 in 'The Time has Come', she really seems to enjoy being part of the group apart from the fame (and fortune).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I used to think Mayuyu will wait with become #1 in SSK to announce graduation. It might be one of Miichan's goals before she graduates but I think she would just call it quits if she really desired to leave but as @dutchie has already pointed out, I think that she does enjoy being in AKB not for the fame. I think she enjoys the role of team captain and being the ultimate senpai, even if she's a dorky one <3

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    :D
    In a moment of 'if you blink, you missed it" ... in 'The Time has Come" after the announcement of the Team reshuffle ... after comforting Takashima Yurina, she asks another member (Nishino Miki, Kojima Mako?) "Do you have an exam tomorrow? Let's go home" ... and then someone outside the frame says "okasan" ... :D
    Mother ... Miichan was just 21 at that time :D
    In her role as captain she is far from dorky I think, and she seems to be at her best around those younger generation girls.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 16.02.56-1.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 16.01.35-1.png

And on another note, if I'm honest, I like this hairstyle best ...

edit: I forgot to type 'someone' making it look like Miichan herself said 'Okasan' :/

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Oh no as a captain I think she is an amazingly supportive person - but she is a dorkey senpai. And I love for her it! For example during a performance (I don't even remember what song it was), her and another girl walked around the stage using face filters on the mother members. The other girl used cute bunny ears and flower crown face filters, but Miichan plastered her own face on top of everyone [hehe]

9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The 'other girl' was a little known AKB member called Kashiwagi Yuki ;) ...

and .... oooh ... some people were not amused that Miichan dared to replace the face of senbatsu members with her own (which was of course a reference to the Kaspersky CM with Flying Get) .. how dare she steal the spotlight of a Mayuyu or Jurina!! :)
    As if something like that isn't planned or at least run by the management beforehand :/
    and as another forum member here put it, as if those other members are wanting for screen time :)

But, the thing is ... the thing with the snapchat filters, it's something you might expect from Miichan a.k.a Shaku (Screentime) it would have been out of character for most other member like Yukirin
    (well, it might fit Sasshi as well)
    MajisukaGakuen2_MinegishiMinami_Shaku.jpg

btw ... on a tangent, I thought the whole premise of Majisuka Gakuen was kinda silly, to say the least :/

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I know, I thought it was hilarious when she did it; and even though the members tried to block Miichan's camera, they were still laughing and calling her name fondly (I clearly remember Sasshi doing this).

11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    It seems Sasshi and Miichan have a really good relation, they used to exchange info about their juniors in Team 4 and HKT48 and in the Mechaike dissolution dokkiri Miichan and Sasshi interact the most (although Miichan hides behind Kojiharu when Takashi Okamura comes in as Takamina's boyfriend)
    In an ANN program with no3b Miichan came to the conclusion she's a groupie, she always befriends the popular members :)
    Acchan, Yuko, Takamina, Kojiharu ... yep .. groupie, or as once said in that TV show with Kojiharu and Akiyoshi ...
    Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 00.53.20.jpg
    Replace 'Kojima' with other name when required ;)

:D

12. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Personally i feel that Miichan presence in AKB is really essentials.. Young gen can learn a lot from her.. Idol-wise & variety-wise (becos she has experience in many thing)..:)
    & Miichan can stay as long as she want..:1st: (& hope she support Yuihan too.. :^^;:
    nevermind for those who calls for her to quit/grad or seeking spotlight etc.. Miichan wont lose anything tbh.. ;))

13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Inb4 Miichan the one true Baba of 48G :awesome:

You see her walk on stage during the MCs with her cane and just tell stories from her youth to the audience

Then she hands everyone cookies and milk so they can munch on them while the stage goes on

Then she offhandedly walks in front of a KKS to fix her hair while the girl is still talking

At the very end she stands by the door to send her grandchildr---I MEAN WOTAS goodbye and tell them to please come back to visit them

Truly the first real baba idol :hehe:

14. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Umm, I forgot the movie she started in, what's its title again? It's not on the wiki so...

15. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I've watched that Mechaike like three times already, I really love it [hehe] I hadn't been aware that Takamina, Kojiharu and Miichan were close with Sasshi until I first saw that, but that was also because I only found out about AKB in 2015 (and I think that Mechaike happened in 2014?).

There's also Joshikou (2016), Runway Beat (2011), Densen Uta (2007) and How to Become Myself (2007).

Majority of those are AKB related movies. I think Joshikou is the only one that is not AKB related, plus Miichan is the lead instead of a minor character. So I guess you're referring to that one?

17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, 'Moshi Kōkō Yakyū no Joshi Manager ga Drucker no "Management" o Yonder' is AKB related because of Miichan of course ;)

I'm still waiting for the subtitles for Joshikou, then I'll watch it in it's entirety and give my opinion about Miichan's acting.

I thought she was good in Moshidora, and she's also pretty solid in the MV's where she had a talking part like Ue kara Mariko.
    (but the end of the Majijo Teppen Blues MV otoh, where Miichan is tied up and crying .... that's pretty ... euh ... bad :) )

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    She should have been the lead of Moshidora... Acchan’s character was literally based on Miichan xD and then they cast Acchan instead line wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Sure, but it is pretty obvious that Aachan would have more box office pull and you have to admit she did have more experience.
    In the end most films, musicals, stage productions are made to make money, here in the Netherlands there are plenty of very talented people who know they'll get passed over for leading roles the moment a 'celebrity'/'soapy' shows up for the audition.
    And the shoe was on the other foot for Miichan with Joshikou, but yeah, it must have been frustrating to miss out on the one role that was explicitly based on you.
    It didn't seem to affect her relation with Auchan though, kudos to Miichan for that.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  20. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Miichan is a fantastic sport XD I don't doubt she probably felt a little resentful at Acchan for a bit but when you really love someone and the casting is not their fault you just can't get mad at them.