Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Looks like there's a signed photo giveaway

https://twitter.com/ExciteJapan/status/1068067959657050112
    ==========================
    【AKB48】「NO WAY MAN」の発売を記念して、池の水選抜メンバー・大家志津香さん、峯岸みなみさん、加藤玲奈さんの3人の直筆サイン入りポラを1名様にプレゼント! 応募はフォロー&RT。締切は12/14まで。 #AKB48#大家志津香#峯岸みなみ#加藤玲奈 ▼最新インタビュー https://www.excite.co.jp/news/article/E1543385658600/…
    ----------------------------------------------
    [AKB48] In commemoration of the release of [NO Way MAN], the water selection members of the pond, the landlord Shizuka, Minegishi Minami, the autograph of three people Rena Kato is present to one person! Submissions Follow & RT. The deadline is 12/14. #AKB48 #大家志津香 #峯岸みなみ #加藤玲奈 ▼ Latest interview https://www.excite.co.jp/news/article/E1543385658600/…
    ----------------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG]

the link has an extensive interview with Shiichan, Miichan and Renachii

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Gotta love Google translate versions of names

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I can only conclude that Shiichan's name literally means landlord ... as that happens all the time .... (and yeah, I should have corrected it I guess, I was at work ... and I should have been writing awesome c++ or ruby code in stead of forum posts :D )

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

• Like Like x 3
  5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I assume so as well. When I tried to find out more about Nishino Miki's solo song, I often got "Princess Nishino" and instead of Tano Yuka, I almost always get "Yano Hana" or "Yano Flower". Gotta love Kanji

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    or Mr. Minegawa ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It is always Mr [hehe]

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Just noticed the ad for the new AKB documentary: "Legend of AKB48 - New Chapter'

if the video does not show watch the video here

Miichan was featured rather prominently, which was rather surprising if you look at her drop in the Sousyenko (She is of course *the* senpai to all the other members as the last remaining 1st gen, but AKS won't be pushing her of course ) ...
    Have no idea what the narrative will be (probably something about the struggle to renew (as if that hasn't been the narrative since Aachan's an Yuko's graduation :/ ) but I hope she gets lots of screen time ...
    (and it isn't just Miichan complaining about how hard it all has become ... otoh ... she did that a bit in "The Time has come" but mainly showed what an awesome Team 4 captain she was, so ... we'll just have to wait and see)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Still haven't seen the 2016 documentary... nobody translated that, as far as I saw, so I feel kind of doubtful I'll see this one.

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If you know the history, you can watch without understanding the Japanese. For example, I have watched the Team 8 documentaries, and when the guy on the stage announces "Team A Captain, Okabe Rin," you know what just happened and can see the reaction. You also don't need any words to know that this is Tsumigi's last handshake.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.28.25 AM.png

Other easy to understand parts: Yokochan wearing her bee costume and getting her foot taped on the stairs under the stage before hugging Naru and going out for the first performance of Hachinosu Dance.

The same is true of the other documentaries. If you see Acchan collapsing from heat and hyperventilation under the stage and being carted off, you don't need a translation (even if it has been translated) Similarly, in the Team 8 documentary, Ranrii has trouble breathing after being on stage. I really enjoy the under-stage parts and the training parts. It helps if you recognize a lot of faces, but I am sure you will recognize Miichan. :)

It's up to you, but I still enjoy watching without understanding. Remember, silent movies used to be a big thing 100 years ago.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I get your point ... but I'm with bonjourmarlene in this, I prefer to understand what's being said, I'm sure I would have gotten the gist of the 2013 shuffle announcement, but hearing what Miichan said to 'her' team 4 members added a lot. (it's *the* main reason I'm currently trying to learn Japanese)

ow, completely unrelated, well, I was checking the date of the reshuffle .... and then I did exactly what @sscrla said ... I recognised Miichan ... :)
    325px-RH2014DVDCover.jpg
    and I thought .... hmm.. why is Miichan on the DVD box?? and then, wait why all pink? .... ow wait .... seijun philosophy ... penny drops .... Chimu 4, yeay! :D

Most people on the internet go "I miss the 1st gens" ... yeah, I do as well ... but I miss Team 4 maybe even more

p.s. it was the 2014 reshuffle

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I agree with the Acchan part but for example, the first documentary is basically just interviews with all the members. I think Yuko is snowboarding somewhere by herself during her parts and that is completely unrelated to anything AKB and doesn't make sense unless you have a translation; same with Sae, I think she's just going for a walk in the partk and then you have Takamina and Mariko and others just sitting in a room doing an interview, basically. And the issue with me is that I don't know a lot of stuff that's going on. I knew what was going on during the concert with Acchan, but I wouldn't have understood what Takamina is saying to Aki-P or why some newer members were scared of her after that documentary. I also don't recognise a lot of members, esepcially Team 8.

Judging by the trailer, there is a lot of interview stuff. And as @dutchie pointed out, what they're saying adds a lot of weight to the meaning of whatever is going on. So I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll change my mind when it comes out and maybe I'll give the 2016 documentary a try :)

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, there's this very young Miichan, where after the interview, in which she thoughtfully reflects on her role and on the future of AKB, Miichan does this:
    Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 15.59.04-3.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 15.58.22-3.png
    <Whole film crew starts laughing/>
    Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 15.59.26-3.png
    without a translation ... I would still be wondering what was so funny :)
    with translation: 峯岸さんだいすき だよ:inlove:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    HAPPY 13TH DEBUT ANNIVERSARY, MIICHAN!:ome:

• Like Like x 2
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    No3b will reunite for the TV show 'Mu Jack'

https://twitter.com/taka4848mina/status/1071010377981288448
    ===================
    今日深夜1時55分からの「ミュージャック』はなんと! 「TALK×TALK×TALK」企画に [​IMG]ノースリーブス[​IMG]登場です! 見れる方ぜひチェックをー!![​IMG]
    -------------------------------
    Today is "Mu Jack" from 1:55 AM! "Talk×talk×talk" is the ✨ North Reeves appearance in the planning ✨! If you see it, please check it!!
    -------------------------------
    Dtz-QjoUcAAMdzl.jpg

btw the Japanese Wikipedia says that the last broadcast will be on 8 December 2018 ... so that would be this show?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    “North Reeves”? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Bing and Google translate .... the gift that keeps on giving ... few days back we had a discussion about all the other thing that get mangled ... like Shiichan constantly being called 'The Landlord' :)

p.s. ... I can't correct is now ... that would remove all context from your post :)

google btw. translates ノースリーブス with Nōsurībusu ... 'no sleeve'
    btw ... if you add a space ノー スリーブス Bing yields 'No three ugly' ... in retrospect North Reeves is better ;)
    ow and another space ノー スリーブ ス yields 'Sleeveless Su' ... :/

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Yumenotobiira

Yumenotobiira Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Twitter:
    nosleeves3
    Miichan got to center Green Flash with Yukirin during the 13th anniversary evening performance. I don’t have any screenshots myself, so if you do, please share them! I can tell you she looked really beautiful and shining, and it made me really happy!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 1