1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Mini Moni

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Natsumi, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Natsumi

Natsumi Kenkyuusei

Producer Tsunku recently revealed on his blog that he plans to revive the Hello! Project group Mini Moni with all new members. On Wednesday, he announced that the group's new leader will be Linlin (18), a current member of Morning Musume.

Tsunku stated last week that he feels a four-member unit will be best for Mini Moni, and that Hello! Pro Egg Kanon Fukuda (14) will be a part of the group. He is currently looking for the two remaining members, who will likely be chosen from the Eggs as well.

Ohhh... I don't want it :(
    I remember the original monimoni, and I like it very much

2. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I don't like the idea of a revival that much myself.
    Not that I liked the old Minimoni a lot - to be honest I never cared for them. But these 4 girls will always be in the shadow of the original unit, fans will always compare and like with all old H!P stuff compared to the new, most fans will never be satisfied.
    The actually just invites the old discussion about the new H!P vs. The "so callled" golden era. And honestly I'm tired of that, because I'm one of the few that likes the current H!P better than the old. Maybe also because I'm a person who doesn't linger in the past...

But! I like Linlin ... so I'll give this unit a chance :)

3. PrivateLaughter

PrivateLaughter Kenkyuusei

I think that it's all a name-thing.
    If the new unit would be called something entirely different no one would care about how they are compared to the old MiniMoni.
    I think you should just don't think about the name and enjoy the coming music and group as a new thing and be curious about how it will turn out.

4. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm actually one of the people that did that, but I'm going to stop now since there's no point in comparing them. The past is gone now and whining about how much "better" or whatever the golden era is won't bring them back. (Wow, I wish I had realized that earlier. XD)

Minimoni (and Aibon) is the group that got me into H!P, but ironically, I'm not much of a Minimoni fan. I do think I'll prefer the old lineup over the current one (mainly because of Mari and Tsuji), but I'll still give this one a chance because of Linlin. :D

However, if the music is anything like the stuff Shugo Chara Egg or S/mileage is releasing, I probably won't bother. :fear:

5. hinatanko

hinatanko Kenkyuusei

Wow.........I did not hear about this. This is a shock to me T_T I really enjoy Mini Moni. Even though I loved Tanpopo and Petit Moni a lot too, Mini Moni was always my favorite. I think Tsunku should call the unit something else. Then again I would have no problem if they got someone from Berryz or C-ute instead of Linlin. I'm not a HUGE fan of Linlin...I did like Shugo Chara Egg so maybe there is hope.

6. chou

chou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    you <3
    DO NOT WANT, EVER. mini moni was one of my favorite H!P (and i guess i should say j-pop) groups ever, and while i think linlin is okay there is no way they can compare to old mini moni.

7. Naomi

I actually don't mind that they're reviving Minimoni, as long as it's not Pucchimoni. :XD:

8. Perfume_Lover

Perfume_Lover Kenkyuusei

I miss ai kago T_T

9. Shipyon

Shipyon Kenkyuusei

New MiniMoni is so interesting

10. camau1986

camau1986 Kenkyuusei

Hope he doesn't choose HPEgg, NEW Minimoni needs members who are the same height and age

11. Naomi

^ Some Eggs are the same height and age as H!P members... some are older than some of the H!P members.

Tsunku said in his blog that the remaining two will be Egg members, but I'm still hoping for Chisa anyway! XD :fear:

12. Ali

Ali Kenkyuusei

Lol I seem to be one of the few who are all for the idea XD;; Fukuda Kanon is hecka cute and LinLin is terribly under-utilised in MM.

Personally I wish they'd revive all the old units, MM's music has been kinda boring lately - -;; I remember reading on IW about someone's idea for a new Tanpopo with Junjun, Ai, and Eri. Now THAT would be effing awesome!

13. shockingbuggy

shockingbuggy Kenkyuusei

T-T ugh, if this is going to be Linlin +3 eggs, I don't think I'll be watching this group. I was still rooting for Momoko, Chisa, and Captain, but alas... my dream has been shattered. Though, I guess this is good news for the eggs, since they really don't get to do anything...

14. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

I still believe they should have made an original unit, instead of an attempt to revive MiniMoni.
    Some things are better left as a memory.

15. Naomi

^ Well, they made Athena & Robikerottsu, which was a lot like Minimoni, but that didn't work out so well. :XD: Maybe they're hoping that Minimoni 2.0 will work better.

16. clarizza

clarizza Kenkyuusei

Forgot to mention something not directly related to Animes =)

Buono! Is an exception though, they managed to make a great unit there. Even if it was made for Shugo Chara OPs and EDs.

17. camau1986

camau1986 Kenkyuusei

Naomi, you hope for Chisa! Me too
    I love her the most in C-ute.
    If Minimoni has Chisa and Maimai, it is the best
    I'm still hoping they dont choose Egg.

18. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

I don't want any other Eggs too. I mean you have Kanon who's all over the place, she's in a movie, been in two units & also in the Shugo Chara Musical. Already let another egg shine Tsunku!

I want Chisa & Maimai too! They'd fit right in.

19. Ali

Ali Kenkyuusei

What's wrong with Shugo Chara? :p

20. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

^ They're overusing it.