Miyawaki Sakura (Sakura) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

But Sakura does have a lack of activities. along with this she doesn't do much Showrooms etc. (things that less known members do a lot) it's all relative to the level of popularity. Of course a random theater girl will dream to have half of what Sakura gets. But Sakura is not a theater girl, she is now the 5th biggest name in 48G (above her there is Sasshi, Yukirin, Sayanee and Jurina). along with this she is constantly top 2 best seller in HS/2-shots etc. She also has a high amount of solo Cm's which proves that there is demand. yet she doesn't get much individual jobs.

Here's why I think Sakura is not getting good opportunities/push inside of AKB:

• Her position in the group: her kennin was removed, and I have no issue with this (she didn't attend the AKB theater anyway). However, the kennin was an excuse to give her some jobs with AKB. Now, for things like when AKB went to MAMA and other events, management is sending only AKB girls. it's a loss of opportunities for Sakura. She is now limited to HKT jobs (LOL) and 48G jobs which are decreasing since management is now pushing "AKB-only"
    • Centers: in her whole career she has only received one solo center in a single (Kimi wa Melody) which was a great single (nice song, beautiful Pv) but it also had the return of graduates, which I loved, but it kinda overshadowed her as center. also the dance was weak. Still, I'm happy she centered that song. But that's literally the only solo center she had, and she never got any other one... Between all top members in AKB, only Yukirin had worse (she has 0 solo center), all other top names have lots of solo centers in their careers. and even for non-centers like Yukirin/Sasshi, they had subunits (Yukirin was center on it), solos (all spotlight on them), their own drama (not 48G, but just them), and lots of other things thanks to being in agencies. Sakura has none of this. if you make a list of her individual jobs and centers, it's extremely short. and she's turning 20 soon.
    • AKB/HKT: Since Sakura lost her kennin now I doubt very much she will get another solo center in AKB, maybe a double center? but maybe not, they're focusing on pushing AKB-only. So now Sakura has HKT... but sister groups lost relevancy years ago. Even if she gets center of HKT now, it's pointless.
    • Dramas: Yes management gave opportunities to Sakura in dramas (not sure if they'll still do now) but imo only MG4/MG5 and Crow's Blood were good. Those dramas of hostess and wrestling... I didn't watch them, but the themes itself are... :S I don't think this helps her. a drama like Crow's Blood helped her. Good production, good role, her acting shined there, she show improvements, etc. but some other acting jobs were not helpful.
    • Agencies: She still doesn't have an agency, and seeing the kind of random agencies Jurina and some other girls got in, I kinda feel like AKS won't let her get into a good agency (funny because the NGT girls are actually getting into relevant agencies...). So this is kinda frustrating.

I probably forgot some things but this is my feeling in general. I know it sounds negative but I feel like Sakura is not getting the push and jobs that a girl of her level deserves, and I feel like things will only get worse from now on considering the situation with AKB focusing on AKB girls since some months ago.

and random side-note but for solo concerts in AKB, you don't need to be a good singer. Management gave solo concerts to weak singers too...

This was long, I'm passionate with Sakura ;w;

2. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Sakura singing skills still abysmal (most of AKB are), deapite what of people here call "improvement" :fp:
    i dont know about her acting, is it any good?
    her heavenly figure is her best attribute right know,
    so bring back those bikini shots :approve:

3. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

As far as music shows, they include her for bait-and-switch, not to push her. She never talks and she has little camera time in contrast to before.
    Even without push Sakura still has a lot of fans so they use her(and other members) to draw in viewers but they actually want to sell the next gen. It's clear in the performance videos who they are promoting - see who's in front and who gets camera time.>(

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Mayoyo "improvement" means that she became better than before, it doesn't mean she's good. we know Sakura isn't a good singer, but she is working on it and she became better than before, so there is "improvement". She still has a lot to improve if she wants to be good, but it's nice that she's working on it.

Sakura hasn't been doing gravure for a while so I doubt it's coming back. if she doesn't want to do it, then she won't. She did tons of it in the past so you can always go look back at it if that's what you like LOL She did say she would have a second photobook but she said it long ago and there is still no news about it now (it would be good if they release it though since nothing happens right now). I think you shouldn't expect to have more gravure anytime soon.

5. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^yeah, i just wish she become more like Haruna Kojima,
    but it seems Sakura is more keen to become an actress rather than just a model

6. Sasshi_girl

Sasshi_girl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Didn't knew that our Sakuratan can snowboard pretty well
    (Saw it in her twitter)

7. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Hi,

anyone knows from what show/episode this scene is from?

[​IMG]

8. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Yeah, real proud of her! Saku-chan is a brave kid who's not afraid to take risks. I admire her determination! (Even though she's an undo unchi <3)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

I had just finished watching Crow's Blood.
    It's really good and Sakura was just brilliant. :approve:

10. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Sakura's "problem" is that she isn't the kind of insincere, popularity-driven girl that people like Mayu and Paruru were. You know, the kind who "my ranking says I am out of your league, so we are no longer friends. Bye forever, bitch!" and would be totally devastated and throw everything away if anyone surpasses them.

Really-- the only time Sakura has shown even the slightest care about being center was when she was tricked into thinking TakaMina had a love affair and thought that somehow that was going to be blamed on her because they had named her as center. Beyond that? Well, she did say she wanted to take #1 last year... because it would show her generation overcoming the previous generation rather than just being handed the keys to the kingdom.

And did you notice the last two years that when she was given the chance to do a solo song in a concert, she instead elected to be the center of a song and demanded that the rest of her crew get to be on stage with her?

Yeah, well... here's the thing about that. When she joined HKT48, she looked at the other girls and went "WOW!! You are more talented than me and funnier than me and braver than me and prettier than me!! Please be my friend forever and ever!!" and no amount of people pouring attention and affection and telling her that she was the greatest ever and forget about those other girls because they are just crap at all shook her from that. That's why she never fought one iota to be center of HKT48 and never once went on about wanting to be center. In fact, it is pretty obvious that she would have been #4 on her own list of who she would make center of HKT if she got to choose.

Instead, she kind of determined a couple years ago... Yeah, she doesn't show her own actual character and personality much because she is timid and quiet. So everyone just makes up their own ridiculous fantasies about her and throw money at the company to promote her based on an image that totally isn't her. She absolutely hates being some pliable doll that everyone makes out into their own fantasy girlfriend. And she can damn well see how she would actually be treated if she were fully herself because there are other members who she sees as just like, if not way better, than her and well... get treated comparably like trash.

And she has gone along with things so far on the promise that if she is good and she does what she is told and she acts according to her role, she can pull the rest of her crew up with her... but it is pretty damn obvious that isn't happening. She has been betrayed even in that respect.

So, really, if things break down so that Haruppi's breakdown results in her graduation, Madoka and Natsumikan continue to be treated by the company as a complete afterthought (if even a thought at all), people continue to drive Murashige towards poverty, self-loathing and insanity, and generally it is clear that the girls that Sakura latched herself onto from day 1 are being carried off to the trash heap because the company is "done" with them and ready to move onto the next gens (evidenced from the fact there wasn't even a gen 1 song on the album and 4 members of gen 1 didn't have a new song at all)... I really wouldn't be surprised if Sakura just refuses to cooperate anymore after this year.

Afterall, as much as you may claim to care about her, the truth is that you'll totally forget her in five years anyway and are probably working specifically to cut her off from the relationships that could still be there for her in 15 years when she is married and has children.

If you don't want her to totally give up-- just as important, if not more important, than her taking #1 is seeing that none of the girls whose fates she clearly cares about more than her own utterly flunk out of the sousenkyo. And, naturally, there is some chance that Sashi's fans might end up deciding to support these other girls in lieu of being able to vote for Sashihara.

But if it turns out that Sakura takes #1, but Anna is #285... don't expect Sakura to bother entering next year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Should be HKT48 Tonkotsu Mahou Shoujo Gakuin Ep. 10.

12. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Just saw it and wow she did indeed do pretty well! -- was funny when she finally fell but she did go a long way. She's no yuzuru hanyu on ice but it was great to see her having lots of fun. She's had a couple of non-work days in January and February and it's good she able to rest and relax. She also talked a little about her snowboarding in her mobame.

13. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Thanks a bunch!

14. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @Iizuka-Tengu Mayu and Paru aren't popularity driven, they just aimed to be the 1st, just like Sakura does. In Mayu's case, after Acchan's graduation and the grads that followed her, she was way too much pressured to become the next generation ace. Like, everyone was expecting her to be the next Acchan or something. Paruru too, was being pushed, and then she realised she doesn't really care and gave up. She never screamed she wanted 1st place out loud or something. She was happy with the fact that there were people supporting her the way she is.

About Sakura, she's pretty ambitious as well. I'd say she is as ambitious as Mayu was around a few years ago, and that's a great thing to be honest. I want her to aim 1st because she deserves it, and she has the true potential to be the ace. Yes, she has humility too, and her affection for the HKT members is really something, but about the SSK, I want her to focus on only herself (for the sake of HKT too, as she's now the highest ranking member of the group), and she is doing just that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. akbdaisuki48

akbdaisuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    finally, a sport sakuchan can actually do normally :')

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I think it was mostly Kara building. I think in real life she is average athletically.

17. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Sakura looks really cool on the snowboard.
    She has good balance. :approve:
    Just like Suzu Hirose on the skateboard in Anone.
    Who seems to be able to play soccer well too. :approve:

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

thx for sharing the snowboading video :) its rare to see Sakura enjoying winter sport like snowboarding.

19. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Sakura has a nice running style too, as seen in Crow's Blood. :approve:

20. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Lol Saku-chan is a true genius ♥️. Remember when she came up with a new way to throw the bowling ball because it kept going outside the track

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk