1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 1st [Aitakatta] (2018/09/28)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    To be fair, I get why.

Think of it as two different "forums" for people to talk about it. The one on MNL's channel is for the hardcore fans. The one on Star Music is for the casuals, and THAT one is probably where new fans gonna be made. That's why it's so important they make a good impression for the general public...the question is how good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Fun fact: This MV shoot was shot literally feet from where my wife and I married. I mean, maybe like 100 feet, but feet nonetheless.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wow! Nice. The PV is probably more special for you then in ways other fans like us won't feel. May I know where is this location?

About the PV, its simple but beautiful. One can really feel the emotions of the girls.. (ok, that may be too cheesy).

Also, can I say that I love how they respected the rankings and gave priority to the kami 7 (actually kami 8, since Gabb practically got as much screentime as Ash and Ella. Not complaining :) )? I hope management keeps this up.

People would be more inclined to vote a lot (even if we'll need to buy a CD next time) if they can see that a lot is at stake with their oshi's ranking.

4. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City.

Starting at around 1 minute and 30 seconds in the video as you see a small hill in the background, that is the dam itself. If you climb the steps (shown elsewhere in the video) you can walk along the dam. It's about a 10 minute walk from the entrance, which is where the girls walked at the end during the credits. At about 3 minutes 9 seconds you can see some water behind the girls. As you walk over that bridge there's a pathway that goes to the right and one that goes straight. If you actually turn that video to face the opposite direction you will see the small hill from the 1 minute 30 mark. Not the exact same location, but within visual sight of the same location. Then if you follow the path way and come to the fork, our venue was actually at that corner.

11127847_10155456744650384_3694940752618839251_o.jpg

Up ahead on the left in the photo you can see the stairs. I have something like 400+ photos but like I said the vast majority are literally "just over there" compared to the images on the MV.

Also my wife's review: "the girls are boring. They look like they don't have any energy and they don't want to really be there. They're also trying too hard to have Japanese facial expressions and hand gestures but they aren't good at it, yet. It doesn't suit them."

She really hates that I like MNL48 but I made her promise to watch the MV. She was whining about it after she finished and all I had to do was ask, "Yeah? But where was it recorded?" and she got all kilig.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

If I were you I will take converting your wife to an MNL48 fan as a challenge :D

Glad the MV turned out really good. Every minute and so the views are increasing by a thousand. I guess people really like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

haha baby steps, I think. :) If they keep filming at places where we have some great memories then it's possible she will eventually just like the music but I foresee that she would probably like the Japanese versions better and gravitate towards AKB48 because we watched Produce 48 together and we were able to talk about all the contestants and, as she told me earlier after watching this MV, that Produce 48 seemed different to her because of how much effort and how much work went into each performance, and that it was "more real" than just watching an MV. I feel like she was turned off midway through the audition process when she saw them on It's Showtime! and the general feeling around them was more negative. I know she wouldn't really enjoy watching I-School but I could probably convince her to watch AKBingo with me and maybe maybe I'd be able to get her to watch something similar to AKBingo if it's the MNL48 girls. Either way, it's a tough road to travel. She thinks I have a crush on every Japanese girl but she found the Heavy Rotation video extremely cute and she likes the song, too, and she did really like Produce 48. haaaaays it's going to be a lot of work talaga!

Like I said, if I get lucky and the MNL48 girls keep doing MVs at locations that are important to us I can at least get her to watch them. However, until they "get better at the hand gestures and facial expressions of Japanese girls" I'm not sure they can win her over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. reeseruna.jonjobaa

reeseruna.jonjobaa Kenkyuusei

*this is just a test*

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

8. Polygonsilikon

Polygonsilikon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Who is the girl sitting on the bench in the Sakura no hanabiratachi video

• Like Like x 1
  9. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sela

• Like Like x 1
  10. Polygonsilikon

Polygonsilikon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
  11. Suicchi

Suicchi Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS
    MNL48 be always holding every other events at movie star cafe tho whyyy? Fr tho a handshake event at a restaurant. This in way makes the handskake event not special like other 48 groups would do. Like it wont accommodate all the fans and it's like they not expecting alot of people. hope the next handskake event for furtune kookie will be at a better bigger venue.

13. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

They actually know how many tickets were purchased and by whom and they also know who that person is likely to stand in line for (I think they did a registration for that but I'm not 100% sure) so when they chose the facility, they already knew how many people were going to arrive. Also there's a schedule around here...not every girl is going to be there all day as they will rotate. They've spread out the more popular girls so as to not overfill the place.

14. Mmmarky

Mmmarky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sunrui
    Twitter:
    MmmarkISS

Oh Im very much aware that and I get the gist of how these handshake events work.. but would if been nice if they held it in a more spacious venue that's all

Edit: I saw an interview on YT, where it had sheki ,Sela and Abby. It looked like it was during the handshake event. Sela said aitakata manage to sell 30 000 copies ?! .. congrates

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018