1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 1st [Aitakatta] (2018/09/28)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Jul 11, 2018.

1. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
  2. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    They are also nominated (I think) new pop artist. You just need to like their photo on Facebook!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

make a me a mod @dunkindonato :D

edit: the sub really needs editing. lol.

5. dunkindonato

Send me your reddit username. I'm not sure I have enough mod privileges to do it but I'll try. My plan is to update it but it needs a dedicated content poster. ANNND we also need to promote the sub-reddit.

6. milkyuko

milkyuko Kenkyuusei

Is this posted here???

if the video does not show watch the video here

I just want to post it here.

Months of training and you can hear their stable vocals and sync dancing. Im really proud of these girls hardwork.

I bet their UZA ver will slay

• Like Like x 2
  7. mugi.quickmelt

mugi.quickmelt Kenkyuusei

The only question about MNL48'S Uza will be the lyrics lol hahaha. How will edgy citizens interpret the message of the song?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

8. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Is there any update regarding the release date of the single? The hype is literally gone now :( but still, I am hopeful.

9. dunkindonato

There's an internal issue and they're tight lipped about it because it's sorta big.

10. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Whoa! That's juicy. I mean, based from what you've shared in the past, we can assume you have some insider source, or maybe you're from the inside as well. So coming from you, it's pretty much accurate that there is a big internal issue. Scary.

11. dunkindonato

I'm no insider, and I don't work for HHE. Take what I say with a lot of salt.

You won't need an insider to figure out that there's something happening on the inside. No one's going to tell you the complete picture, or maybe no one's going to say anything about it at all even if you asked. Let's just say that "they're working on it."

• Like Like x 2
  12. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I wonder what's really causing the delay? Maybe it's a copyrights issue. Like HHE and ABSCBN have gone seperate ways. And HHE are now trying to buyout the shares or whatever. LOL Just my theory.

I agree that it has died out. But maybe releasing the unfiltered version to the public will re-spark the hype! Or maybe an MV for Sakura and/UmiSaya! (I wish!)

13. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

The General MNL48 thread just popped with this, but within the last couple of hours there has been a spate of "news".

Besides Aitakatta! the official names of the coupling singles:

Talulot ng Sakura (MNL48 Senbatsu)
    Umiindak na Saya (MNL48 Team L)

Shipping date for PREORDERS ONLY begins the first week of October. I suspect this means they will attempt (and probably fail) to press as many CDs as are necessary to cover preorders as well as others, but we'll see how close they are to managing the numbers.

https://www.facebook.com/mnl48official/photos/a.961576910558265/1827835837265697/?type=3&theater
    http://mall.hallohallo.com/collectibles-and-art/mnl48s-aitakatta-gustong-makita-debut-single/

• Like Like x 1
  14. dunkindonato

As far as I know, the CDs are already pressed. They were supposed to have been sold at the beginning of September but wasn't due to board-room related stuff.

15. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

That's probably even worse. There will either be far too few or far too many in circulation; meaning some preorders will have very long waits and it won't actually be available in stores for weeks as they try to catch up, or there will be a flood of unpurchased albums and all the chest-grabbing that comes with all that money not being recuperated.

16. dunkindonato

Sorry, I don't follow. The CDs are already pressed and are sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the Metro. How could that cause delays in shipping? Whatever I might think of their parent company, Star Music is a veteran label and they wouldn't advertise an album that ships next week if they can't deliver.

What will happen is that those who pre-ordered will get theirs shipped first (the time dependent on the location and the overall traffic situation), then after those are cleared, it will be available at Odyssey music stores. It's literally the same stuff, just that we who preordered will theoretically get ours first.

Although I concede that Hallohallo's shipping is sometimes inconsistent. But I haven't ordered from them that took more than a week to come. And I live outside Metro Manila at that.

17. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I don't know the numbers that usually goes through physical distribution there in the Philippines, but 48g is a very specific style wherein the sale of physical CDs is generally the desired result for both the company and the consumer. Handshake tickets can be used multiple times or used up at once (depending on if the rules are the same) and are only available via physical editions. There's also the rumor going around that the unfiltered MV will be available on the physical edition and wouldn't the off-vocals also be PE only?

This creates an inevitable demand from the consumer that far outweighs the typical physical demands of today's consumer in most countries. Here in the U.S. some of the most well-known stores for physical CDs have disappeared--one, ironically, was purchased by a Japanese group and was at least popular 7 years ago when I was there. By comparison, very few people are rushing out to actually purchase a physical album by Sarah G or whoever is incredibly popular.

The above two paragraphs are the groundwork for my statement. It doesn't matter how veteran a label is. It simply doesn't matter. MNL48 is a completely different breed of consumer item. Keep in mind there are already a number of people here who have purchased multiple copies. There is hardly a precedent to follow and any record label anywhere in the world could easily miscalculate the demand. The only information that could be useful to Star Music in regards to how many CDs need to be pressed would come from Japan, Indonesia, Thailand and China; with the most valuable information coming from Indonesia and Thailand. They could easily underestimate the demand of the physical product--given it comes with the handshake tickets--which would create delays in shipping because all of the product would be sold already and they'd need to press more.

Remember, this is a brand new type of product. It's not as simple as just getting a veteran record label to sit in a room and decide how many CDs to press.

18. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Well I can't order the physical one but I hope the digital will also be available soon.

19. dunkindonato

Well, you do raise valid points, but you also said so yourself: MNL48 is a different breed of consumer item and we don't even know how they'll fare with the non-wota consumers. I assume that the pre-orders are also another data they'll use to determine how much more CDs they'll press, or maybe just ride the current numbers.

FYI, here in the Philippines publishers usually press a specific amount. Let's say 100,000 to 500,000 per order. I'm pretty sure we'll meet that quota (photo-cards are priced 400 per set, and they sold a lot of them) because of wotas buying multiple copies. But I don't really think they'll run out of stock (it has never happened before) as they must have factored the number of copies each physical store will get. I mean, that was the practice when I was doing my OJT in the industry.

That said, I'm not saying that your scenario isn't possible. But unless the fans really went all out to purchase all available first-presses (which is unlikely), I can say that at least we won't run out of stock. But I can get behind the idea of having too many copies circulating, but Star Music would have had ordered way too much for that to happen.

20. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I want to place an order bec of the HS ticket but doubtful about regional HS session, i have a feeling they only do it on Luzon area. So as long as it is not confirm yet ill just skip this one although my pocket is ready. It would be glad if they do some FAQS