1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 2nd [Koi Suru Fortune Cookie] (2018.12.01)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Maybe next year, since this guest is sakamichi series.

2. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

The MV has reached over 100k views and is actually closer to 150k, now.

3. onego123

onego123 Member

I just noticed this is the first time I've seen an overseas sister group release a translated song, and not have the Japanese title written somewhere. I like this a lot. Makes them feel less like a cover group.
    BNKMV.png JKT48_Dirimu_Melody_Cover.jpg JKT48-Pareo-regular.jpg KiboutekiJKT.jpg JKTMV.png

4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 4
  5. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I was lurking at the General thread for days but all the posts are here!

Just like everyone I had complaints but 2 days of watching and rewatching will make you accept the mv for what it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Same thoughts..however whenever I replay the song there is this word being said that bothers me.. music is being pronounced as "mugic" o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Wrong! I know this is way off topic, but I really like the song and found this version with Maeda Atsuko. Like the video of Shoujotachi yo, it is a mix of them recording in the studio and just playing around and was part of Documentary of AKB48 Show Must Go On (it was the title song).

What is interesting is seeing who is still in the group today, given that the film was copyright 2011.

8. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I chuckled when I heard that. I really don't why they chose to sing it like that.

But I don't think they will use say it like that on live performances.

9. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Didn't Aitakatta have the word 'Aitakatta' in the cover? Anyway, I don't understand why MNL decided to go with one team song for each single (this far). Why not releasing 5 song altogether? 2 tracks for senbatsu and three others for each team

10. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I've managed to get my wife to watch each of the MVs but she really doesn't like the group at all and it's things like that, and the cutesy voices, that she points to. Even though she is always acting cute, herself. So while I can get away with watching AKB48 or other 48g (and especially IZ*ONE or the IZ*ONE girls), she really doesn't like MNL48.

I think that's the point. Aitakatta had 'Aitakatta' on the cover, whereas here the Japanese is not on the cover.

It could be a few reasons, really, but mainly if you look at the international groups and even AKB48s initial releases, the number of songs were limited. Furthermore--and I don't know if it's still the case but it was the case from around 2000-2012--Jpop singles in general only have 2-3 songs + the karaoke tracks. Another possible reason is they want to milk as much money as possible, so they limit the A songs to the songs they figure will "sell" and just add as few B songs as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Because Filipino management :fp: lol

12. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Not this time. ;)

13. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    I mean, I do agree with what you said above. But I've also seen AKB singles where every team got a B-side on the same single. Nothing really stopping MNL from doing that too (except money) Then again...those different B-sides were split into separate CDs...and MNL isn't there yet.

But still. Point still stands that this is all still a management decision...for money lol

14. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

When viewed objectively I think it's reasonably obvious that KFC had the least amount of money spent, so my uneducated assessment of the situation is that they had X amount of investor pesos that they spent on things like the "mansion", the outfits and all the early marketing, as well as the first print run and whatever else. They managed to do well with Aitakatta and TnS but I'm certain they're working "on a budget" at this point, since my understanding is that the girls need to be paid, fed and educated (if under a certain age)? So now they're no longer working off investors but the money they are making. I feel like the KFC promotions, materials, recording and stuff came from the Aitakatta and merch sales mainly which certainly speaks to the profitability of the product. Alternatively they have plenty of money and they wanted to make a docu style MV and failed at creating the right feeling. :p

15. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Imo, if they tweak the color grading a bit it’d look way fancier. They need better makeup too, soften it up a bit. And the foil backround could’ve used a bit of ironing lol

I dont think it was THAT low budget, they did organize a 10,000 person event with free food for everyone and donated 200 computers. All that to gather a crowd but I don’t think they were expecting people escaping midway the event, all their props getting stolen and getting destroyed. It’s just that it didn’t go the way they wanted it and they had to opt for scraps. I could literally tell the staffs were dead tired and trying to catch up to deadlines.

Tldr; It felt rushed. Could’ve taken a few more weeks. I’m sure the fans could wait.

But I swear watch it for like 10x and it gradually looks and feels better xD

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I wonder why don't they just create unit like Undergirls/Theater girls, that way everyone could participate while they keep releasing 3 songs persingle or idk just do 4-5 tracks like JKT did

17. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    All i can say
    HHE should hire a very skilled
    cinematographer for MNL MV's
    #nothatinjustsayin

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Same or just get a good advertising agency who can do all the creative works. The CD covers, music videos and all the layouts are lackluster compare to other sister groups. The girls deserve more because (not being biased) they are one of the most talented in all 48 groups. Although, I'm pretty sure they are short of funds, considering MNL's first generation consist of 48+ girls already instead of 20+.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. reia

reia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I actually like the CD cover this time.

And yes, the foil in the MV is really disappointing. They could have done the close up shots in Q.C Circle too. The balloons will look much better as a background compared to foil.

20. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    WTF. Did this actually happen??? This makes me so mad. The MNL girls seem like nice girls who are just trying to get by. They're not hurting anybody. They deserve good things, happy things to happen to them, not this kind of stuff.