1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert MNL48 3rd General Election [2021.02.06 - 2021.02.20]

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Mar 13, 2020.

1. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

they are now retracting the 36 members this year? good news I guess.

2. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    still not yet confirmed, remember how the prelims also list 48 members
    but if that were the case, they will only have like 2 trainees left

3. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. darky123

darky123 Kenkyuusei

If it is the case, I guess they'll have one these scenarios:
    • Ranks #33-48 would comprise the trainees.
    • Ranks #33-40 would comprise the Next Girls, #41-48 would comprise the trainees.
    • Ranks #33-36 would comprise the trainees, #37-48 would comprise a special unit not considered as trainees but still a part of the group.
    But for now it's safe to assume that the September 30 retrenchment pushes through, but it won't surprise me if it is somehow reverted by the co-management.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Which would be a weird double-edged sword, considering we know we had girls leave for this very reason

6. darky123

darky123 Kenkyuusei

I have theory about this situation but I won't share it here. But it is likely a last minute change, like just a week or 2 prior to the announcement of the final dates of the GE. One more thing, it is likely somehow connected with the 2 month delay of the results.

But then, I still believe with the pre-announced retrenchment since there were no later announcements regarding the decision withdrawal.

7. darky123

darky123 Kenkyuusei

With the risk of double-posting, 48 members is confirmed in the latest interviews. Still no official announcement from the official pages though.

8. Cxstridert's mikhail

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Probably to answer that one. we still have to wait for the 16 nin senbatsu announcement day. probably they will post it after the general elections will take place.

Out of topic: I did notice the Group site announcement delayed on announcing of graduation of MNL48 Aly and MNL48 Ice respectively without their picture / image in their announcement

9. Lareriswen

Lareriswen Kenkyuusei

Today's the day of MNL48's Top 48 to 17 announcement! ~~

I think Gabb and Grace will fall in undergirls. They were both ranked low in prelims and I don't think they have the chance to make it Senbatsu this year. It really sucks because Gabb who served 2 centers in a row now has to probably stay stuck in UG.
    I hope the management won't kick her out of the normal senbatsu list :[

Really excited who's going to be Undergirls Center since they are not doing a Next Girls song anyway.

10. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i'll be so sad if gabb is in undergirls but not really surprised tbh

11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

It could happen but given her track record and fandom I think she's still K7 or at least senbatsu.

Unexpected high rank prelim members usually fizz or gas out if you look back on most 48G prelim vote cases like Katomina with that particular GE before the NGT48 debacle.

It's the usual 'attack at the end' strategy for members with established and growing fandoms.

Speaking of which, I'd be surprised if Coleen again won't make senbatsu this time around.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cxstridert's mikhail

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Top 48-17
    48. CJ
    47. Rain
    46. Jie
    45. Rachel
    44. Rhea
    43. Karla
    42. Sam
    41. Miyaka
    40. Kyla
    39. Charm
    38. Trish
    37. Laney
    36. Nile
    35. Lyza
    34. Mari
    33. Rhianna
    32. Kay
    31. klaire
    30. Grace
    29. Jana
    28. Klaryle
    27. Amy
    26. Kath
    25. Miho
    24. Jaydee
    23. Frances
    22. Gia
    21. Brei
    20. Allysa
    19. Dian
    18. Dana
    17. Cole

Still on track for the rank 16-1
    Sheki, Abby, Alice, Jamie, Jan, Thea, Ruth, Coleen, Gabb, Princess, Andi, Jem, Cole, Lara, Yzabel, Tin and Ella
    Congrats to the girls :)

13. tadase

tadase Kenkyuusei

3rd General Election results:

Senbatsu (alphabetical order, rankings to be announced on Feb. 20)

#1 Abby (center)
    #2 Sheki
    #3 Jamie
    #4 Ruth
    #5 Ella
    #6 Jan
    #7 Andi

#8 Jem
    #9 Yzabel
    #10 Gabb
    #11 Alice
    #12 Princess
    #13 Lara
    #14 Coleen
    #15 Thea
    #16 Tin

Undergirls (Coupling Song, Cole Center)
    #17 Cole
    #18 Dana
    #19 Dian
    #20 Alyssa
    #21 Brei
    #22 Gia
    #23 Frances
    #24 Jaydee
    #25 Miho
    #26 Kath
    #27 Amy
    #28 Klaryle
    #29 Jana
    #30 Grace
    #31 Klaire
    #32 Kay

#33 Rhianna
    #34 Mari
    #35 Lyza
    #36 Nile

KKS
    #37 Laney
    #38 Trish
    #39 Charm
    #40 Kyla
    #41 Miyaka
    #42 Sam
    #43 Karla
    #44 Rhea
    #45 Rachel
    #46 Jie
    #47 Rain
    #48 CJ

----------
    • #33-36 are reserves - in any case that someone graduates, they'll fill up the end spots as always
    • Redemption arc for Lara, Tin and Ella -- ranked Senbatsu from 1st GE, to non-senbatsu in 2nd GE (Ella was booted out of Top 48 and brought back as KKS)
    • Ruth entered GE Senbatsu for the first time, while this is Thea's first GE where she actually ranked on the top 16 (she was supposed to be the coupling song center at #17 but Sayaka graduated abruptly, moving up to #16)
    • The Dark horse: Andi. She'll be in the Kami 7 for sure.
    • Jem has not been in a main song senbatsu since 2nd GE single Ikaw ang Melody

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  14. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Do they show how much vote they get? They're the only one not being transparent about vote count since the beginning. I don't mind the low numbers at all.

15. tadase

tadase Kenkyuusei

^No. Presenting numbers in a very outspoken country like the Philippines will be a double-edged sword. While it may increase transparency, other countries may deem HHE's 48G a failure if they show the rather low numbers.

Also the fandom is quite the toxic one already, they may contest for a recount if they think their votes do not tally with those who have voted in public (fandom) knowledge. It's deeply rooted in the local culture that once they think someone's on the losing end (especially in local election season), they'd automatically assume that some form of cheating happened. I think this is why HHE does not present the numbers at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    so happy to see gabb and coleen in senbatsu!!! i was expecting coleen to rank in undergirls so i'm especially glad for her. cool to see cole in undergirls too which is much higher than last time, and she's UG center so that's nice too. can't wait for the senbatsu numbers!!!

17. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Nice and yup, my take on Gabb and Coleen being in senbatsu was more analytical or statistics rather than prediction. can't go wrong with their past year happenings, the push and rise.

Congrats to all members and new 3rd gen. Curious to see what they will come up with this year hopefully more sub units and maybe doing theater or event shows again.

For easy viewing (click to enlarge)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  18. Lareriswen

Lareriswen Kenkyuusei

Kyla dropped from #14 to #40... damn that's such a drop.. while Grace #15 dropped to #30 :(

In other news.. I'm glad that Tin is finally coming back to Senbatsu! After the mistreatment she had by the management even though she was a Kami 7 member (Ranked #4 in 1st GE) she finally deserves a redemption arc!!
    Gabb fans really pulled through in the last hours of voting and brought her back into Senbatsu which is nice...

Overall I'm happy with the results so far and congrats to Cole for being our Undergirls Center!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I never expect Princess and Andi who are the only 1st gen member who never ever have a chance to be part with an A-side performance among the list of the remaining girls but now is your time girls. Congrats and welcome to Senbatsu. :mail:

Edit:
    Karla only one left who never have an A-side as a 1st gen member , rooting for her in the next election.

20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

I think HHE should drop the KKS label on the last rank batch and instead use the appropriate Next Girls rank with or w/o a single.

those 1st Gen members don't deserve to be called KKS again particularly Kyla who was senbatsu last year.

it just really doesn't sound and feel right imo.

3rd gens who got in should be KKS coz they still need to train and learn and at the same time ranked in as Next Girls.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1