1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 4th [Kimi wa Melody ~Ikaw ang Melody~] (2019/07/26)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Jun 18, 2019.

1. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Yep, exactly these 3 songs.. see my July 7 post.

wow and teabagger strikes again! the guy seems to be legit.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    YAY! This is one of the songs I wanted to be covered by them~ Yay! I am so happy!

Quite honestly, I believe all International Sister Groups should cover this song. It's so pleasant to listen to in any of the languages it's been released in so far. :inlove:

3. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

so the blue tartan uniform was for gingham check?

And I cant wait to see the MV for Kimi wa Melody!!!

4. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    In...teresting concept? I was hoping for a more traditional look, or updated traditional look like BNK's or JKT's. They all look like Beauty Pageant Contestants?

6. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    But they're wearing terno, so it's still an updated traditional look? The location is... okay. Just wish it had more Filipino elements to it.

I wish they just did a group photo in this Coffee Project location for the album cover, it would've looked so much better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

I just saw the melody teaser and first thing I noticed is this reminds me of the first janken song chance, where the ace is still there and not center (Acchan/Sheki) to try to shift the focus to a new center (Iwa/Aly), except this time it's for a sousenkyo song.

yea good job to whoever picked Sheki's dress, it does look plain to not get the attention, but the full-out red color? she's an eye catcher and stickin out like a sore thumb haha

MV is nice and getting interesting, but I think they can do a better job on the album cover to really focus on Aly being center. anywho.. girls' smiles and poses in the album are always top notch btw.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  8. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Sooo...can anyone explain how this music card thing works? It's not actually replacing digital sales, right? Just another version of it?

9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I don't know if it's considered as a physical album since you do get something physical when you're buying it. But I don't think it's digital too since the price is too high for digital songs.

This is a good thing for people who buy CDs for the handshake tickets though since it's less bulky and you can get different versions. I hope all of the senbatsu has a music card and I hope that we can pick when buying on location.

10. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Sorry, I am an International Dumb-Dumb Fan who knows nothing about Filipino Culture. Do forgive me for this one. ^^;

11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Making CDs and cover with a few pages plus inserts like HSE ticket compared to just printing cards with same album price is cheaper, so that equals more savings and profit for HHE. They still have to run a 48G business after all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    MV premiere will be at 8 PM tonight at their official YouTube channel

14. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 2
  15. welp

welp Next Girls

The Thai staff at HHE revealed that the staff had contacted another director and another location to shoot the MV but HHE disapproved. Thus, the MV, both production and post production, must be done in 1 week.

16. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    MV is kind of downgrade from 365 MV.
    a lot of zooming in and out for no reason. lol

17. onego123

onego123 Member

I really wanted to like this MV because I'm tired of being critical of management, and at odds with them, but I just don't. The way the MV was shot was just so mediocre I had to pause several times. It's not just the way to close zooming it, but also some of the shots when they were dancing as a group(ex:2:15) just looked messy. It looked like the camera almost hit some of them to me. They need to find another company besides Plan C to film good quality MV's for them because it's not good to be dependent on one company like that. If they can afford it, maybe look at companies from overseas too.
    Their terno(while beautiful) just don't fit with the coffee shop setting, and look like they were bought at a local boutique as opposed to custom made for them, and the different styles of them are just all over the place as well. In my head I imagine that since Shinobu has designed the vast majority of 48G(domestic and overseas) costumes they asked her design one, but maybe she couldn't find anyone in Japan that could make the sleeves so this was the best option they had. If welp's source is trustworthy though then maybe they just didn't have time to design another costume. If they did have matching ones I would've preferred that they looked more like Abby's, but colorful.

The silver lining is that it featured tons of Ash, they seem to have stopped with the nasally singing, and I'm holding out hope for Gingham Check.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    ...on a positive note, did anyone else notice they purposely made Jem's dress yellow? Just thought that was a cute little detail lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

It seems that is not the case here. As tweeted here by the director himself, the location permits were not approved which looks like it is not up to management.

https://twitter.com/adrepublika/status/1155136109304639491

I don't think HHE would want lesser quality for the girls even if we all know it all still depends on some budget.

The thing is they should have planned ahead and thought of other options and locations that is not last minute in dealing with these unexpected situations.

20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Plan A: LOCATION PERMIT NOT APPROVED
    Plan B: High Rise Building Empty Room/Coffee Shop? Ok..
    How about Plan C? Awesome!!! ;)

we got used to that.