1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Let's just give them the benefit of the doubt. They were probably promoted heavily and thus only managed to gain umbrage recently.

Doesn't seem to be a legit account to be honest.

About those who got the call, I was quite unsure if it's the supporters who got the calls or the applicants themselves?

2. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    MNL48 mobile updated to have phone verification so I guess one must have a valid email and mobile number to register.[​IMG]

Sent from my FL02 using Tapatalk

3. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I am so thankful for the phone verification system. It may affect fans from other countries (which is the sad thing), but I'm kind of happy because in order to cheat the system, you actually need to buy a SIM card to make new accounts lol.

4. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

If MNL48 follows AKB48's current model sure, the theater won't be profitable at all. But that old space in Akihabara sustained the group for years before they broke into mainstream success which changed the way the whole business was run. Hallohallo ran the Movie Stars Cafe on a similar platform so I've no doubt they can do it. How well, and how much a factor the sales from the merchandise will be is the question.

They're no longer making that Cool Japan Mall. The Theater is being made in Centris while the concept of the mall itself evolved into what they're making in Glorietta now.

Per Kurosawa-san's presentation to investors (available in Hallohallo's Japanese site), the Theater will be located next door to the Movie Stars Cafe. Keep in mind that those are still proposals and an official announcement is needed. But all indications point to that as the place.

5. Akira Midori

Akira Midori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    They could have chosen a location at the center of the metro. Now, even visiting the theatre once a month is impossible :(. #SouthFeels
    Well at least we know that the theatre has the green light and will be happening

6. dunkindonato

Awwww....sorry to hear that. I assume they chose Centris because the rent would be cheaper than in Megamall or Mall of Asia. It's easily accessible via MRT. Centris is also a stop in the Point2Point bus system, so you wouldn't need to have to ride the public commuters if you don't want to

7. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
  8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    This is the first time I'll be promoting an applicant.

Ashley Cloud (https://mnl48.hallohallo.com/profile/Ashley Cloud)

She sang Aitakatta and danced River in her audition video. She did ok and personally, I rather have more members who actually do know what AKB48 is though I concede that it'll be unlikely. In her case though, she's at rank 110, so a few more push, she might make it.

Thank you.

And if its ok, can we post links here to applicants who performed AKB songs in their auditions? I would love to vote for them, and I think others may want to do so as well. Thank you.

9. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

10. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Kya~ Ashley. I'm rooting for her too *^*

I'm also not sure if its okay to do this but I'm willing to delete this post if it's not. I offer my account as one of the suggestion :^^;: :wall: : https://mnl48.hallohallo.com/profile/Winchie . I performed Hebirote and River.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    my thoughts on this is that it is already suggested by fans to get involved in the process when MNL48 do their official fan meeting,and also given the demographic locations of our country that is made up of a group of islands, it wouldn't be fair if MNL48 would be exclusive for Luzon participants, outcasting visayas and mindanao. another thing would be our culture for entertainment, people love to vote for their fave and would do anything just to let them win/pick , it has been this way esp they partnered abs as their social media partner. it might be new for akb48 but not to us especially they do target the whole mass market not exclusively for jpop/otakus/wota fans.

12. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    @Sarah Grace yep there was a rule for foreigners, they need to present their passport and some papers for legality. I think it was posted at the mnl48 fb

Id say she's eligible to be a Captain :3 really cheeky girl in person, I met her last weekend

13. welp

welp Next Girls

ฺBut, the Japanese has concert going culture. They may buy tickets to see artists they never knew of or artists aren't their faves. AKB can run several rounds weekly and all full. Will MNL has the same capacity to run as many rounds and fill all of them? There are many small Japanese idol groups living off from concert ticket and merch but, of course, their groups don't have 10+ members, let alone 60+ members.

To run a theatre for sure is different from running a cafe.

BNK's agency expresses the group needed sponsor/ endorsement for sustainability, the group could not survive long resorting only on fans' support. As MNL gonna have 60+ members, ticket sale and merch alone con't feed them all.

14. dunkindonato

That's not exclusive to Japanese, and neither is it a Japanese-exclusive trait. AKB48's audience during the early years were mostly wotas. The casual viewers came much-much later, during their big years.

No, but shows go on even at low audience turn-outs. It took months for the Akihabara Theater to become full and years before they had to do their current system. So while your concern is very much valid, there's enough "catches" in there for me to be optimistic.

Point conceded. But I reckon HHE's earmarked a potential revenue elsewhere.

You are right since Movie Stars Cafe isn't really a cafe but a full-blown restaurant. Kinda miss their maki-rolls.

15. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Let me read this one here; do note that this is a fluffy press release, which will be funny to those who actually attended the events -- including me, drenched in sweat, had to skip lunch until later -- throughout the tough weekend:

http://hallohallo.com/news/12-04-17

Rewinding...

Okay, 48 members? I like the idea of starting small, I'll want at least 16 members, but of course with a huge starting amount of girls, it'll be a question of how long the program could be sustained, and at the same time, with a cheap entrance ticket (frankly, we have this annoying part of the culture where some people are expecting cheap).

And then...

Looking at JKT's final auditions, I felt it more reassuring to have qualified and experienced evaluators to pass final judgment.

16. onego123

onego123 Member

Does anyone have a link to the source that says GPU, and MNL are 2 different groups, or are we just being optimistic?

17. dunkindonato

There isn't any official statement.

GPU was announced before MNL48 partnered with ABS. And the MNL48 audition technically has been up for a year. Far longer than GPU. The main concern is Showtime making their GPU auditionees apply for MNL48. Showtime will always be showtime, and ABS might use their clout to "influence" the direction that MNL48 will take. Unfortunately it will be HHE who will have to face the displeasure of the fanbase if they don't hold their ground.

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk

18. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Iirc,

Partnership with ABS-CBN = August 2017 (August 24th)
    Girl Power Unite Auditions (call-action TV ad) = a week before September 29, 2017 (Sept. 29's the screening date)

Edit: And after a week from September 29, there were pictures / screenshot from It's Showtime (spread by fans) that they were looking for girls for no specific girl group (speculations: GPU) with age requirement same with GPU's and MNL48's. If my memory is right, picture was with the two male hosts with glasses (Jugs? Teddy?) + lower third graphics of age/auditions requirement

Edit 2: but actually I can't recall any GPU related before ABS-CBN x HHE partnership. If dunkindonato's reply was right, can't see anything online for any proofs.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  19. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    It wasn't posted but us, applicants, had a briefing and we asked about GPU. They told us that they don't know a thing about GPU and it's a different group.

Also a staff said :
    "Maybe they recommended you to audition at MNL48 because the GPU Staffs saw potential on you girls.''

Honestly, it doesn't make senses.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    I am actually considering that this formation of GPU is just somewhat IST's/ABSCBN misunderstanding (in regards of HHE's plans). (Quite shallow tho, I know)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.