1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    Here's some MNL48 issues I have caught.

- Applicant's disqualification for no reason

There has to be a reason for disqualification. The management has set clear rules in the auditions. This is true during the voting.

Furthermore, the staff conducted phone interviews. If the statements made in the interview are in anyway not true, it can be grounds for disqualification.

- Love/dating Ban as grounds for disqualification

HHE has not specified on this rule. It can be viewed as a morality issue or loyalty to the group.

- GPU girls (again) entering the Top 200

I don't have any problems, if these girls entered the competition following the rules.

-Applicant spreading "gossip" about her fellow applicant

It is sad that it has come to this point.

Sent from my FL02 using Tapatalk

2. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I regret to inform you that this is true.... bec someone I personally know got disqualified yet they didnt gave any legal reason. Btw she was at the 80-90+ ranks...

I dont get it why was;

1. Her acct got deleted when the crowd was rooting for her during the live
    2. the votes were legit during the final 3pm sunday event which gave her a sweet spot at 90+
    too bad, we will never see this smile as one of the first gen member..ever
    [​IMG]

3. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    AFAIK, no one can track the votes if they are legit except the HHE admins, or you have listed the voters one by one.

4. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    @zelkova3, I already knew this. There's no greater pain than being disqualified after working very hard to get to the ranks. They really need to provide her with a logical reason why.

Another concern is the non-disclosure agreement.

I would let the GPU issue slip but it's hard to disregard that their connection to the media partner just a month after the HHE-ABS partnership was announced meant that it is really hard to believe that no group is favored more than the rest.

About the fans issue @ElitistangPogi has posted, I'll leave it to the rest why there rarely is an idol culture or a real persisting pop group in the country.

5. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Technically yes we can agree to that. But this applicant's votes were in good faith and she is holding to that(cheating isn't her cup of tea as she is a competitive person deep inside). Basically, every non legit votes will be removed to ALL participating applicants. very
    Hence, this shouldn't be an issue and I hope it isn't the reason why would she get disqualified

6. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    The simple reason is that the applicant defied some guidelines and the management has no obligation to give the reason.

This was mentioned in the agreement when you register in the app.

"We reserve the right to review, and deemed necessary, remove any content from the Site, and/or deactivate or cancel your account.

Moreover, we may deactivate or cancel your account if found the information you provide is not identifiably your own, spammy or fake, or if your account is consistent with multiple accounts. "

7. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Uhhh all her info was legit dude. Dont u get it? They feeatured her at their instagram and she got a lot of attention.

Btw they even said at the mnl love to contact their technical team f they need to contest abt their acct and it was retrievewd

So what are u talking about that this person violated some rule that she followed properly? Care to share to this communitt something u know from the studio since u keep pinning that she s at fault and everyone is really interested to know their mistakes so that they can avoid it and a vague answer wont really help

8. ToriMan

ToriMan Kenkyuusei

All in all, the voting process would be a farce since contestants may be qualified/disqualified at the whim of whoever. Especially for those that were disqualified, they at least need some sort of explanation/validation from their side. They deserve an explanation. They need an acceptable reason.

9. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Nice try doing that "hello fellow kids" part. Fortunately not subscribing to those inane Facebook pages.

A fan who has an idealised vision of what the franchise should be and refuses to let anything or anyone affect or change that vision ... not even the franchise itself. They tend to react to any changes made in the franchise's format with hostility and suspicion. Although often a fan who's been burned one time too many by Adaptation Decay, Seasonal Rot, or obvious merchandise pandering gone wrong, some just simply don't like change and respond to it with pram-shaking tantrums. They usually also hate non-canon entries in a work simply for ... well, not being canon.
    1. The problem with mostly the "base fans" are those who want to do some gatekeeping: they don't want to teach, they're building barriers to access, they want to keep the whole thing to themselves, they want their own standards rather than focusing on a wider audience, they fear the loss of exclusivity and dilution of the 48G brand as if the supposed initial fandom -- if that is a fandom at all, as I acknowledge that not everyone is happy and have different ideologies -- is some country club. That's counterproductive. Trying to have the focus trained on entirely on the base fans may be as well sounds more like "Royal Customer" (and I know such a swell rich fan merch merchant but I don't like him, personally, because he thinks AKS should follow his whims because he's paying nearly half million pesos), and base-fan-oriented MNL48 might as well be some tsinita cosplay tribute act even talking and singing in Japanese rather than a genuine, distinct sister group.
    2. From the start, MNL48 should not be viewed and regarded as a tribute act. It is -- asides as a pop group -- also basically a training program to learn about being an entertainer but through a different way, a stepping stone and preparation to a future career in entertainment and even beyond.
    3. "And MNL48 mgt is expecting a quick ROI." I doubt it, in that there are other avenues of revenue, not just merchandise -- the original AKB was then underground, was a hard-sell, and it took some 2-4 years before they hit mainstream. If AKB hits rock bottom in the next few years, there's always the Theater as their fallback.
    4. "the MNL48 process is not the 48 they know and love" AKS is looking for new ways to come up with interesting methods to attract attention and relevance. The public online voting system, while imperfect, nonetheless attracts attention in a country beginning to figure out what Japanese-style idols are all about outside of anime fandom which knows titles like, say, "Love Live!"
    Personally I rather take up the job to teach non-fans, might run a street team, while keeping an open door to welcome new faces.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  10. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Are you sure she didn't post any ehrm..."confession" lately? Or has she said anything disparaging towards HHE? It's not just about rules, HHE wouldn't want to hire someone publicly bashing them, along with loads of other possible things. There's a reason why we keep on telling people not to make controversial statements, gestures and comments.

Do they deserve an explanation? Perhaps. Should the reason be "acceptable"? No. Not really. It depends on the person on what he or she deems as "acceptable".

In any case, Terms and Agreements, ladies and gentlemen. We were all supposed to have read it.

Feel free to contact HHE directly if you really want to make a complaint or if you have a compelling case to appeal the disqualification.

11. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Hype, pressure, stress coming into one. Tomorrow is the day of judgment. Hahaha!!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

12. Rayan

Rayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    It seems I am in no need to reply here. :)

BTW, if in anyway I got information from the management, sorry but you won't hear it from me first.

Furthermore, I can post here what it is written on the app's terms and conditions if in anyway, have not read it.

13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I hope that I can watch Showtime tomorrow

14. welp

welp Next Girls

what I learn from PR class is, when the crowd starts to doubt and the agency fail to quickly provide convincing clarification, they will speculate and the speculation will always grow more and more negative.

It's true that the agency has no obligation to explain but, eliminatees and their followers are free to express assumption too.

15. dunkindonato

Which is something that is between them and the disqualified candidates. Like I said, they can file a complaint if they want. They are free to do that.

16. welp

welp Next Girls

right to free speech? I don't know PH law but here, legally, a person is not liable of defamation if she/ he makes it clear it is speculation/ assumption. Neither it is possible to hush skeptical netizens.

17. dunkindonato

I mean it is something that can only be settled between them. Obviously, people can use their freedom to air their dirty laundry if that's what they want. It's not going to get them anywhere, and makes both parties look bad.

Or they can lodge a complaint and quite possibly get the explanation they want. Not always a guarantee that HHE will respond, but at least they did something.

18. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Anyway, some of the top 200 girls that were dropped off had made their demise known in Facebook and it's quite a shocker. I'd like to post some finds but I'll reserve it.

With validation in tomorrow's It's Showtime, I hope some of the girls who were "disqualified" would "come out" and explain what exactly happened.

If there is one thing this disqualification phase has taught some of us, it is the fact that no one can be trusted.

And, how true is it that one of the applicants had some "romantic connections" inside HHE?

Needless to say, some "unexpecteds" will be making an appearance tomorrow. I know this will garner some degree of issue but I think one of them is someone that some if not most of us here will be welcoming of.

Anyone here who can make a clear capture of the program? Perhaps we can do some subs for the people who frequent the threads.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  19. punlordkaede

punlordkaede Kenkyuusei

If you've known this girl well enough she's one of the tamer, saner ones. Good image, good posts, nothing controversial on her social media. She and a few others were told that they are 'not idol material' and were made to go in front of other applicants, effectively embarrassing them. If you're going to talk about anything disparaging, there were plenty others with actual proof of them dissing and CURSING HHE/the audition process, having boyfriends, having risque photos online, but they weren't touched at all. lol

As for others, the case was they were made to choose between quitting studies or going forward with the audition. Which is strange considering all other groups ENCOURAGE their members to do well with school.

Those who tried to call to ask for some sort of reason, if only to settle their minds, were met with simply hanging the phone and ending the call or seen. Terms and agreements are one thing, but continuity and some sense of fairness would be reasonable, if only for understanding that you're dealing with teenagers at a precious age here.

20. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Hello everyone!! I am new here but I'm reading all of the post for quite sometime now. Well tomorrow is I can't say that it's the big day but its seems like it. Well I'm about to sleep but I will leave you with this question;

If MNL48 Management is doing a "crime", what is their motive? Will they gain something from it? What will they gain from doing such crime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.