MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Copyright issues or idk maybe the management just dont know what Japanese songs are hahaha

2. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Oh, they know. But yeah, copyright issues are tricky. Ever wondered why they can't even play full AKB songs? It has something to do with the rights to use them. They were allowed to do it once, I think, as well as snippets from just two being used during the elimination/announcement of the Top 10.

HHE on the other hand, has rights to several songs. But it doesn't allow them to let another entity use it on their behalf. That's why for the moment, they're performing mostly to OPM songs that ABS-CBN can freely use.

3. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Well that's true but she also inspired other kids that they can pursue their dreams while still getting a proper education. Her stopping to pursue her dream of becoming an idol to focus on studies would be a real let down (for some people). But then again what can we do.

4. mnl48fan_jmp1827

mnl48fan_jmp1827 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    futamuraharuka
    Twitter:
    jmpangeloyt
    Correct. Who are we to question their decisions?

5. dunkindonato

Think of it this way: if Aria is able to get through this, then she has shown to every one why she deserves to be someone to look up to. ABS-CBN will willingly take the role of the villain if it could make one of the candidates elevate herself to that "status" and because they (along with HHE) will have much to earn by making one of the girls a certified role model.

6. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Eyyy nice perspective right there. I hope she gets through this. She really wants to be an idol.

7. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    They just played this song last Month, I think they can play it again today.

The already build Aria's image as "Chemist Idol" they shouldn't destroy that.

8. mnl48fan_jmp1827

Oshimen:
    futamuraharuka
    Twitter:
    jmpangeloyt
    Hoping that Aria would not destroy her dreams.

9. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Same.

10. Yuh

Yuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Aw you took the time screencapping them, thanks :lol: I don't know but I can't really classify these tweets as hate, for me it's more of apathy instead. Like they're not interested/bored of the segment, say what things they notice, and move on. On the other hand, some wotas blow up big time lol. Anyway your point is that the public doesn't see them in a positive way and I sadly agree with that.

OR one cool gimmick and things could completely turn around for MNL48. Like one of their songs being marketed as a viral dance craze since many recent dance crazes tend to be either weird, simple, "corny", or even incomprehensible. But then, an idol group is a new type of entertainment in our country trying to thrive AND survive so yes, the process to understanding by the public would be really gradual.

11. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

12. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    #dedication hahahajk
    Apathy! That's the word I was looking for but I typed hate instead coz I gave up while thinking about how to describe them.

It took around 4-5 years before AKB48 became super popular in Japan so maybe it's the same here? Who knows. (I still blame it on their outfits)

13. mnl48fan_jmp1827

Oshimen:
    futamuraharuka
    Twitter:
    jmpangeloyt
    It might not be that long.

14. dunkindonato

15. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

They're not much oriented to local entertainment, TBH. It's too easy to label them as being "hipster" but either some of them are strongly into k-pop, or they have a tendency to reject what they think is lowbrow.

16. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    MNL48 group 1 pic:
    © MNL48 official twitter
    28700927_1647922805292903_5280012132819960944_o.jpg

17. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I remember a comment thread way back November on BNK48's KFC MV. A non-Thai fan ask if how's BNK48 in Thailand, a Thai fan answered that the group is only famous to J-pop and K-pop fans(the latter is because of Tarwaan I guess) and they are not really accepted by the Gen Public. He also said that the Gen Public thinks that they are sexy group.

I guess you know what happened 4 months later.

18. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Sexy group, damn that is several steps above "trash". Can't wait for MNL to be addressed that way too. There is still hope.

19. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Amen. I totally agree with you on this [hehe]

PS
    MNL48 Online update today: Aspirants interviewed with someone who knows them well [hehe]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  20. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Love this weeks version of online update. Now with their loved ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.