1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feindouno

feindouno Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TriassicPark
    We can only speculate based on the little info that we have. Rumors of people going through the backdoor are part of all application processes. If that girl does make it, though, I don't think she'd be viewed in a good light by fans and fellow members.

2. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Umm Hi! I'd like to ask if the top 200 thing is removed officially. I've been reading in this thread for the past few days and it helped me get updated [hehe] I'm also an applicant for MNL48 and I'm kinda confused with the changes :^^;: Thankyou! and Godbless!

MNL48: Cesu

3. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Decided to register for the voting. So far I voted Aichang because she's kind of a quasi-Japanese representative to the mothership, Teitei because she danced ANGERME in her video (as I am an obligatory Sasaki fan obviously) and Tomomi because someone recently in 2ch is asking for fellow anons to vote for her (which means its either a Filipino in Japan, her relatives there, or some of them are watching it but is otherwise dipping their toes in the water.)

The others need to get that weeaboo/"The East Asian Cultures are the same so I'd join it even if I'm joining it because I'm a kpopper" feel out of them.

But seriously though, Hallo Hallo Mall should go all out with their promotion. They could've just ramped up their business, or acquire established ones here. I'm more worried how they'll sustain this thing here.

Question though, can you write messages in Japanese?

4. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I saw some applicant wrote their message inJapanese. So maybe, yes you can

I'm curious about this too. They removed the top 200 part in the website but I'm not sure whether they will implement it or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2016
  5. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

We'll just have to wait and see. All I know is that qualified applicants will be called for the next stage. That could be the physical audition.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

6. onego123

onego123 Member

I know that Cool Japan (since their theater is suppose to be in the Cool Japan Mall) is funding them, but I don't think that means AKS doesn't have some stake in them
    The top 200 thing has been removed. They'll contact people who have passed, but I don't know when, or if they'll stop taking applications at a certain point.

7. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I could see some promise from the girls but as much as I wanted to support them, the entire online system has this cluttered and unorganized feel in it. The online voting ranking thing felt like a mess from the start.

I think this online audition process is just one part of the many ones they might go through. Variables like, the potential's willingness to relocate to Manila without any possible help from HH Mall, getting to practices, giving up some part of their private online social lives, can affect their application

Still, I'm getting vibes that wotas from Japan might join the fun like what they did with JKT48. I could see a sizeable number of half-Japanese applicants and the way I see Aki-P, I won't cast my doubts that there might be sizeable half-Japanese entrants for the first generation.

(Wonder if this might make them do transfers to AKB48 itself? You think?)

8. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Tbh, I feel the same thing. I'm not a programmer or anything, but the website and the app feels so.. eh? It's not the quality you'd expect from the sister group of the biggest idol group in Japan.

9. onego123

onego123 Member

You actually bring up a really good point! Obviously the girls that pass will get an allowance, but for the girls that are under 18 who live a while away who do pass will their parents be willing let them move to Manila alone? IDK about the other groups, but I remember SNH48 1st gen members all lived in a hotel together. Will the parents move to Manila with them? I hope that they've had that conversation, and didn't just sign up without telling them.

10. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

I'm still confused about the 200 part. I hope it's official ︶︿︶ I dunt wanna miss the next stage to my dreaaaamsss. Too bad I cant upload my video since I'm not home for 3 days :(

Good thing my parents knew I wanted to be a part of MNL48 or else they will kill me

Sent from my HUAWEI Y511-U10 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2016
  11. dunkindonato

The Cool Japan Fund website makes no mention of any mall/idol group being funded and they post their projects/investments there. If you ask me, I think the mall didn't push through as there are rumors that the theater will be built in Centris.

12. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I can somehow understand why the app felt half-baked.

Because, really, other than getting entrants for MNL48, will the app be useful in HH Mall's line of business which is online shopping? Will signing up for an HH account just to be able to vote entice me to use their online shopping portal? Heck they don't even have an app for that.

It's almost been a year since they announced MNL48. I assume that for a year, they could exert some effort to make their presence known, advertise in facebook, heck even do an olx and acquire an already existing strong brand, but no. I could not feel their brand, and I am not compelled to use their brand. As a digital native who hasn't seen a television for nearly four years now, I am not sure how they're faring in TV but as an online shopping portal, the keyword is online.

How am I supposed to trust an online shopping brand with subsidiaries including a movie stars cafe and a fleet of taxis to create a potentially game-changing entertainment portal and be rightfully given the keys to a major international franchise? Is Aki-P really giving it to the right hands?

Bottom line is, even at this level, it felt like the entire process wasn't even thought of and I'm seriously doubting HH is the right entity to implement this, which is quite a shame given that the pool of entrants have some dint of idolism in them.

Convince me, please.

13. dunkindonato

The thing is, you don't need to be convinced of HHE's capability to run MNL48. If you think they're doing a bad job then that's that.

As far as I know, the negotiations took three years....and they were not the first entity that AKS came into contact with. There were others and they failed. Financial capability is only one factor, AKS wanted to make sure they can trust whatever company they decide to give the nod to.

Obviously being a Japanese-run company helped. AKS wants none of the independent schtick that SNH did and they figured they won't get as lucky as they did with JKT.

So while they're not really a fan's first choice as handlers of their precious 48G brand they're trying and they listen and adapt...and they have the money to back it up.

They are also the only ones able to bring AKB members here. While it has no connection with MNL48, I've got to give them credit for that.

14. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    They do advertise on facebook. That's why their page is growing to 1M likes.

15. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I agree with this. I love how open HHE are to the suggestions of the fans. For example, they are able to put that "video filtering" feature that allows me to search easily for the righteous applicant.

16. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Goodluck to all applicants! Still wondering if someone already recieved an email >w<

17. Mosachi

Mosachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Is it already time for choosing? o_O I thought they will start choosing next year xD

18. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Whaaaat? It's new year's eve! Just excited >w<

19. armygirl01

armygirl01 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Happy New Year! :D

20. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

HAPPYYY NEW YEAAAAR~! :lol:

Thread Status: